Windows 10: DNS is about to get into a world of trouble with GDPR

Discus and support DNS is about to get into a world of trouble with GDPR in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; ICANN, the group in charge of the Domain Name System, is in a deadlock with the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation over the WHOIS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

DNS is about to get into a world of trouble with GDPR

Read more: DNS is about to get into a world of trouble with GDPR | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Apr 18, 2018
  2. MJU8 Win User

Win10 pro, WaasMedic

My Bitdefender AV also alerted me about access from this program to internet. I woud want to know why this program (waasmedic.exe) do that.

It is sad that there is no answer about this question. Is this a secret?

So, do we have to analyze the data exchange under this program ourselves?

But GDPR is comming. We can wait to 25 may 2018 DNS is about to get into a world of trouble with GDPR :) Maybe the GDPR will change the situation.

3. I found my TCP/IPV4 setup changed

This set of IPs are Google DNS so they are perfectly good and in few cases better than default DNS. I personally use Google DNS in my computer.

Please don't worry about good or bad about them. They are not for spying or some other purposes and are used world over by millions.

E for Excel, Apr 18, 2018
Thema:

DNS is about to get into a world of trouble with GDPR

1. DNS is about to get into a world of trouble with GDPR - Similar Threads - DNS world trouble

2. Information about DNS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Information about DNS.: To,Microsoft CommunityHey Friend, this is Gavin Mathos here & using Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS.I would like to is it better to use ISP's default DNS or is it better to use 3rd Party DNS for getting Faster Internet Speeds. Which 3rd Part DNS is good to use I.e. Microsoft DNS...
  3. Information about DNS.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Information about DNS.: To,Microsoft CommunityHey Friend, this is Gavin Mathos here & using Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS.I would like to is it better to use ISP's default DNS or is it better to use 3rd Party DNS for getting Faster Internet Speeds. Which 3rd Part DNS is good to use I.e. Microsoft DNS...
  4. Microsoft Office in trouble in Germany due to GDPR

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Office in trouble in Germany due to GDPR: Microsoft’s suite of productivity apps, Microsoft 365, is in hot water with German authorities due to an alleged incompatibility with the data protection laws of Germany and the rest of the European Union. Microsoft has been in negotiations with Germany’s state and federal...
  5. about window update trouble shooter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    about window update trouble shooter: i just buy this new laptopvostro 15 3000 when i went to microsoft store to dowload instagram its says error and when i click on see detail it says turn on window update :Windows Update is disabled. You can repair Windows Update by running the Windows Update troubleshooter in...
  6. about window update trouble shooter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    about window update trouble shooter: i just buy this new laptopvostro 15 3000 when i went to microsoft store to dowload instagram its says error and when i click on see detail it says turn on window update :Windows Update is disabled. You can repair Windows Update by running the Windows Update troubleshooter in...
  7. about google dns and ping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    about google dns and ping: hello can u tell me why when i tracert google dns 8.8.8.8 all of lines when root is going out from my country is like 80 ms but when i want to join any usa game server my ping is going up like 200 ms if pingtime is all about distance between ur place nd server place so why...
  8. GDPR Compliancy with OneDrive and SharePoint

in Windows 10 News
    GDPR Compliancy with OneDrive and SharePoint: Microsoft is committed to helping our business customers comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Last month, and how we help businesses around the world, not just in Europe, take control, manage compliance, and avoid risk. Today we wanted to share how the...
  9. Troubled about future of Yahoo Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Troubled about future of Yahoo Mail: Windows 10 Have used Yahoo Mail for decades. With all the negative press and articles regarding possible Yahoo being sold should I be actively searching for a new email provider? My account was not hacked. I'm using Yahoo Mail with Windows Edge Browser. If I do need to find...
  10. Get GDPR compliant with the Microsoft Cloud

in Windows 10 News
    Get GDPR compliant with the Microsoft Cloud: The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the most significant change to European Union (EU) privacy law in two decades. The GDPR requires that organizations respect and protect personal data – no matter where it is sent, processed or stored. Complying with the...