Windows 10: DNS Issues Start Out of Nowhere, And Gets Fixed When I Open Ethernet Properties

Discus and support DNS Issues Start Out of Nowhere, And Gets Fixed When I Open Ethernet Properties in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; DNS Issues Start Out of Nowhere, And Gets Fixed When I Open Ethernet Properties which already is written as title. when my dns issue begins, I'm able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mufaya13, Dec 21, 2018.

1. mufaya13 Win User

DNS Issues Start Out of Nowhere, And Gets Fixed When I Open Ethernet Properties

which already is written as title.

when my dns issue begins, I'm able to continue playing games and speaking from voice call that already started before the issue starts. but I won't be able to open new pages from chrome, see/type new messages from discord. it has been going on for more than a 2 months. This only happens on my pc just in the currently installed windows 10 I'm using right now. I had windows 8 in my other drive and I tested it for some hours, it was fine. it may have been just luck tho I'm not sure.

from what I can remember, I tried letting windows reinstall my ethernet driver, manually downloading and installing some of the latest ethernet drivers, tried repair install for my windows 10 with another usb (my windows 10 is in an update loop for some 5 months I guess, may be more... not sure), switched my ethernet ipv4 properties to both auto and also tried manually using google dns servers (8.8.8.8 , 8.8.4.4) and for ip address I gave a reserved ip slot from my modem/router overlay and tried setting the same to "use the following ip address: ... ip adress: same numbers what my modem and cmd says", subnet mask: automatically writes it, default gateway is my modem ip and it's correct I'm sure. I tried using wifi and it was fine, but may still be my luck because this issue starts unexpectedly. sometimes even doesn't appear for a week, then 10 times in 2 days and stuff like that. only ethernet is enabled.

No, I can't format my pc until I buy my razer blade, I'm a musician and I have tons of stuff spreaded to 5 drives in my PC, I won't be able to get everything back in a very, VERY long time so that's not an option for me.

every other device that is connected to modem, even with ethernet, they're all fine. I tried changing my ethernet cable and it's still the same. I tried resetting modem settings, didn't work.

my current ethernet driver name is "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller"

"Server DNS Adress Could Not Be Found" (something like that) one of the things chrome respond to me when it starts

What should I try?

:)

mufaya13, Dec 21, 2018

2. dns probe finished no internet

Hi Oxide,

After some trial-and-error testing of all suggested fixes, which I found over the internet, here’re what worked for me to solve "DNS Probe Finished No Internet" issue and might work for you as well.

Method 1: Change Default DNS Address to Open DNS

Here all you have to do is change your default automatically obtained DNS server addresses to open DNS or Google DNS. To do this, follow below mentioned steps:

Step 1:
    Right click on Network icon located in Windows Task Bar Menu.

Step 2:
    Click on ‘Open Network and Sharing Center.’

DNS Issues Start Out of Nowhere, And Gets Fixed When I Open Ethernet Properties [​IMG]

Step 3:
    Click on Local Area Connection with whom who are presently connected and click onProperties.

Step 4:
    Select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ and click on Properties.

Step 5:
    Now in newly opened windows, select the radio button that reads ‘Use the following DNS server address:’

Step 6:
    Now in the ‘Preferred DNS Server’ box type in 208.67.222.222 and in ‘Alternate DNS Server’ type in 208.67.220.220.

Step 7:
    Now check the box that says ‘Validate settings upon exit’ and then click on OK. That’s it.

DNS Issues Start Out of Nowhere, And Gets Fixed When I Open Ethernet Properties [​IMG]

TechieNikhil, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Issue with opening properties in context menu

Ignoring the fact that my "issue" was bloody self-explanatory.

1. I am not able to open ANY properties for ANY particular file or folder. Give me a step by step fix, please.

2. No, I did NOT get any error messages. Yet, my properties cannot be opened in context menu. Give me a step by step fix, please.

3. No, I did NOT make any recent changes before the issue started.
    Give me a step by step fix, please.

My properties cannot be opened in context menu. Give me a step by step fix, please.

Just give me the location please., Dec 21, 2018
  4. LeonLaude Win User

DNS SERVER NOT RESONDING

Hi Rita French,

This issue often occurs when the DNS settings are incorrect. I suggest you to perform the following methods to troubleshoot the issue.

Method 1:

I would recommend you to change the Preferred DNS server and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run window, type
      ncpa.cpl and press Enter.
    • Right-click on the connection that you use for the local connection, and then click
      Properties.
    • Click to select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then click
      Properties.
    • In the Internet Protocol window, let's change the Preferred DNS server to
    • Click OK twice to complete the modification.

Note: If the issue persists, please repeat the steps and change the "Preferred DNS server" to 208.67.220.220.

Method 2:

If that does not help, try to flush the DNS. Follow these steps below.

• From Start screen, type Command Prompt.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
    • Type: ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

Note: The ipconfig /flushdns command provides you with a means to flush and reset the contents of the DNS client resolver cache. During DNS troubleshooting, if necessary, you can use this procedure to discard negative cache entries from the cache, as well
    as, any other dynamically added entries.

Hope any of these methods help!

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

1. DNS Issues Start Out of Nowhere, And Gets Fixed When I Open Ethernet Properties - Similar Threads - DNS Issues Start

2. blackscreen out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blackscreen out of nowhere: my laptop pops up randomly blackscreen, if i am doing a project? a blackscreen pops up. what should i do about it? should i buy a new laptop or pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blackscreen-out-of-nowhere/9bfe5b90-9afe-41fe-8afe-ae5ec711f8f1
  3. blackscreen out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blackscreen out of nowhere: my laptop pops up randomly blackscreen, if i am doing a project? a blackscreen pops up. what should i do about it? should i buy a new laptop or pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blackscreen-out-of-nowhere/9bfe5b90-9afe-41fe-8afe-ae5ec711f8f1
  4. My computer started asking for a username out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer started asking for a username out of nowhere: One day I turn on my computer and it asked for a username I usually just have to just type in my password but now it’s asking for a username...
  5. My computer started asking for a username out of nowhere

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer started asking for a username out of nowhere: One day I turn on my computer and it asked for a username I usually just have to just type in my password but now it’s asking for a username...
  6. PC started stuttering out of nowhere.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC started stuttering out of nowhere.: Hi everyone, For a while today i thought my cursor had been stuttering until i watched a video and noticed it was stuttering too. The stutters happen every 1.5s roughly and they hadn't started until today. Ive tried pretty much every solution ive seen and nothing has worked....
  7. Computer started lagging out of nowhere.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer started lagging out of nowhere.: So just yesterday, i arrived home and wanted to check on my pc I booted it and it was lagging alot idk why. It was off for a week so firstly I did soft brushI purchased one specially for pc and a blower cleaning to blow all the dust and thingy. Done. No fix. Cuz its...
  8. DHCP/DNS/Properties & a variety of other Windows 10 issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DHCP/DNS/Properties & a variety of other Windows 10 issues.: Hi All, I have been using my Windows 10 for years, and the past few weeks it has began to mess me around and play up completely. The first thing I noticed was when I'd went to run something in Windows 8 compatibility mode and I right clicked on properties and nothing...
  9. BSOD just started out of nowhere

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD just started out of nowhere: I have been BSODing periodically for the last couple of weeks and I notice it usually happens when I play games. Some of them are IRQL Not less or equal and others are simply System Service Exception. All help is appreciated. 55272
  10. Multiple issues out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple issues out of nowhere: Hello, I can typically solve problems on my own however this has completely blindsided me. I believe this is all related to an update but I cannot be certain. These problems did arise after a "restart and update" event a day or two ago. Firstly my start menu is broken....