Windows 10: DNS malfunction after connecting to wifi

Discus and support DNS malfunction after connecting to wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Everytime I connect to a wifi, it takes forever for DNS to start working (like up to 30 minutes...). I can ping ip addresses. But cannot go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by trogne, Aug 8, 2019.

1. trogne Win User

DNS malfunction after connecting to wifi

Everytime I connect to a wifi, it takes forever for DNS to start working (like up to 30 minutes...).

I can ping ip addresses. But cannot go to websites (dns).

"ipconfig /flushdns" does not help. It also takes quite long for that command to finish (like 2 minutes).

What can I try ?

Can updating NIC's driver might help ?
    What else ?

My NIC is "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265".

:)

trogne, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Callender Win User

Intermittent problems with TLS handshake and being timed out

Check DNS settings for both network adapters. Your Wifi might be set to use a different DNS server.

Getting message when trying to connect - Windows 10 Forums

Option Two follow steps then pick a DNS server from the list in item 7. Personally I use CloudFlare DNS

EDIT: Reset router first as already suggested.

Callender, Aug 8, 2019
  3. dns probe finished no internet

Hi Oxide,

After some trial-and-error testing of all suggested fixes, which I found over the internet, here’re what worked for me to solve "DNS Probe Finished No Internet" issue and might work for you as well.

Method 1: Change Default DNS Address to Open DNS

Here all you have to do is change your default automatically obtained DNS server addresses to open DNS or Google DNS. To do this, follow below mentioned steps:

Step 1:
    Right click on Network icon located in Windows Task Bar Menu.

Step 2:
    Click on ‘Open Network and Sharing Center.’

DNS malfunction after connecting to wifi [​IMG]

Step 3:
    Click on Local Area Connection with whom who are presently connected and click onProperties.

Step 4:
    Select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ and click on Properties.

Step 5:
    Now in newly opened windows, select the radio button that reads ‘Use the following DNS server address:’

Step 6:
    Now in the ‘Preferred DNS Server’ box type in 208.67.222.222 and in ‘Alternate DNS Server’ type in 208.67.220.220.

Step 7:
    Now check the box that says ‘Validate settings upon exit’ and then click on OK. That’s it.

DNS malfunction after connecting to wifi [​IMG]

TechieNikhil, Aug 8, 2019
  4. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

1. DNS malfunction after connecting to wifi - Similar Threads - DNS malfunction connecting

2. Can't connect to WiFi after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to WiFi after update: My specs: Ryzen 3 3.2Ghz Gtx 1050ti WiFi card- TP link :qualcom atheros communications Inc 8GB of DDR4 3200Mhz RAM After several updates I have lost the ability to connect to WiFi, The router appears but when I try to connect it says "unable to connect to this network". On...
  3. Can't connect to WiFi after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't connect to WiFi after update: My specs: Ryzen 3 3.2Ghz Gtx 1050ti WiFi card- TP link :qualcom atheros communications Inc 8GB of DDR4 3200Mhz RAM After several updates I have lost the ability to connect to WiFi, The router appears but when I try to connect it says "unable to connect to this network". On...
  4. WiFi connection

WiFi connection: My desktop computer on Windows 10 has been directly connected to my router. I wish to disconnect it to move to another room. However when I do, I can not get the list of network connections through WiFi. The little icon showing the waves does not appear on my task bar....
  5. Wifi Connection

Wifi Connection: Just the past couple days Ive been having this problem where my wifi just drops an insane amount. It doesn't disconnect but it just slows down. I went into the command prompt and checked my ping and it sits at about 1ms for about 10 seconds then it jumps up to almost 3000....
  6. Can't connect to MY Minecraft server after DNS flush

Can't connect to MY Minecraft server after DNS flush: I run a server with my own domain, I contacted my domain host because I could not connect to my server using domain after my public IP had changed after updating the A record within the domain interface, (though I could connect via IP) but my host told me to flush DNS, and so...
  7. wifi connectivity poor after update.

wifi connectivity poor after update.: we have multiple laptops and the ones running WIN 10 keep shuting the wifi adapter off'. The fix for this was to uncheck the connect automatically box for the adapter in the notification pane. I was able to use ethernet and after getting closer to the router, I had decent...
  8. Wifi connection

Wifi connection: Recently my pc has been having issues with its wifi. it will work for about 30 min then stop , it still says coneected to wifi and says its getting internet but any app requiring wifi fails to work but turning my wifi toggle in the windows 10 settings off then on fixes it but...
  9. Wifi dns problem :'(

Wifi dns problem :'(: [img] i'm using my college wifi. so those who connect get internet. my friends uses static ip so they get internet . if i use dhcp it says limited. if i use static ip and dns , after some time(1-2 minutes) it shows dns problem. when i go and check the dns is blank. please...
  10. How to enable "use this connection's DNS suffix in DNS registration"

How to enable "use this connection's DNS suffix in DNS registration": Dear, My company have lot of PC in many location, we want apply 1 setting in Windows, By default it is not enabled / not tick [img] In the Group Policy window please navigate to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Network -> DNS Client and open...