Windows 10: DNS Question

Discus and support DNS Question in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Not sure what to make of this and perhaps it is nothing at all. My internet connection seems to be delayed for the last month or so. i.e. I select a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by meebers, Jan 17, 2018.

1. meebers Win User

DNS Question

Not sure what to make of this and perhaps it is nothing at all. My internet connection seems to be delayed for the last month or so. i.e. I select a site, FF 57 or Edge and there is a 5 second or more delay before it starts loading. Sometimes it just does not load at all. Restart the browser and it loads immediately.

So changed my DNS from my isp to google with little or no improvement. If you look at the attachment you will see Google 8.8.8.8 as the DNS server but some oddity, maybe, is that the DNS domain name and connection suffix is T-Mobile.

My router is an ASUS TM-AC1900 and I am sure this is what is causing T-Mobile to be there?

So question, is T-mobile.com there because of the capability of this Asus T-Mobile router to function as a hot spot for T-Mobile and does it have anything to do with normal browsing not using the hot spot.

I am very happy with this router as far as performance and signal strength around the house.

:)

meebers, Jan 17, 2018
  2. JWarcop Win User

Win 8 Phone DNS settings will they be available for manual configuration?

No, Never

JWarcop, Jan 17, 2018
  3. andtama Win User
    WLAN! No Gateway Reply Help!!

hello

ive got the same problem with this.. my question now how to set the DNS manualy as im sure its gonna be different with set up DNS on PC.. any one please? tell me the guideline trough this one..

thanks

andtama, Jan 17, 2018
Thema:

DNS Question

1. DNS Question - Similar Threads - DNS Question

2. Multiple instances of ethernet adapter created / DNS client using >50%

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple instances of ethernet adapter created / DNS client using >50%: The system OS: Windows 10 version 1909 PC: HP Envy Laptop CPU: Intel Core i7 5500U @ 2.40GHz RAM: 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz GPU: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce 940M (HP) Running the paid versions of Avast and Malwarebytes. Both up-to-date. The problems 1: Recently, when...
  3. WSL unable to perform DNS lookup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WSL unable to perform DNS lookup: Hi, I need to install some packages to my WSL environment, however for some reason it is no longer able to connect to sites via URLs can connect to IP addresses, meaning I can't. Don't suppose anyone knows how i might fix this? Thanks for any help!...
  4. Extremely High CPU Usage - Service Host: DNS Client

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely High CPU Usage - Service Host: DNS Client: My Windows Version: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.535) From time to time this process (in the title) will suddenly rise CPU usage, making everything extremely slow and even games from 1994 will play slowly, for example. Sometimes it subsides by itself, but sometimes I need to...
  5. RSAT missing DNS server tool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    RSAT missing DNS server tool in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]After you download and install the RSAT (Remote Server Administration Tool) client by double-clicking the package, you might notice the DNS server tools are missing. In this post, we will provide alternative steps to install the RSATClient so that all [...]...
  6. Static DNS with DHCP in Windows 10

Static DNS with DHCP in Windows 10: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1909. I've just moved from Mac to Windows 10 and have really enjoyed it so far. The only small (and I do mean small) issue I'm having is the fact that I can't setup network locations the way I could on the Mac. In other words, I could setup location...
  7. Windows needs to flush/register DNS and release/renew IP after every boot to connect to...

Windows needs to flush/register DNS and release/renew IP after every boot to connect to...: Hi, Whenever I turn on my PC or disable/enable network adapter, it does not connects to internet without flushing and renewing DNS/IP. I have tried updating/reinstalling network drivers, even I reinstalled the whole OS but still the problem exists. Any solution please! Here...
  8. Extremely High CPU Usage - Service Host: DNS Client

in Windows 10 Support
    Extremely High CPU Usage - Service Host: DNS Client: My Windows Version: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.535) From time to time this process (in the title) will suddenly rise CPU usage, making everything extremely slow and even games from 1994 will play slowly, for example. Sometimes it subsides by itself, but sometimes I need to...
  9. Static DNS with DHCP in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Static DNS with DHCP in Windows 10: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1909. I've just moved from Mac to Windows 10 and have really enjoyed it so far. The only small (and I do mean small) issue I'm having is the fact that I can't setup network locations the way I could on the Mac. In other words, I could setup location...
  10. DNS-over-HTTPS (or DoH) Question

in Browsers and Email
    DNS-over-HTTPS (or DoH) Question: DoH. Yet something else I am not familiar with until reading this article this morning: DNS-over-HTTPS will eventually roll out in all major browsers, despite ISP opposition | ZDNet Anyone care to comment on this and whether or not they have it enabled. I use a VPN about...