Windows 10: DNS Question

Discus and support DNS Question in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Not sure what to make of this and perhaps it is nothing at all. My internet connection seems to be delayed for the last month or so. i.e. I select a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by meebers, Jan 17, 2018.

1. meebers Win User

DNS Question

Not sure what to make of this and perhaps it is nothing at all. My internet connection seems to be delayed for the last month or so. i.e. I select a site, FF 57 or Edge and there is a 5 second or more delay before it starts loading. Sometimes it just does not load at all. Restart the browser and it loads immediately.

So changed my DNS from my isp to google with little or no improvement. If you look at the attachment you will see Google 8.8.8.8 as the DNS server but some oddity, maybe, is that the DNS domain name and connection suffix is T-Mobile.

My router is an ASUS TM-AC1900 and I am sure this is what is causing T-Mobile to be there?

So question, is T-mobile.com there because of the capability of this Asus T-Mobile router to function as a hot spot for T-Mobile and does it have anything to do with normal browsing not using the hot spot.

I am very happy with this router as far as performance and signal strength around the house.

:)

meebers, Jan 17, 2018
  2. JWarcop Win User

Win 8 Phone DNS settings will they be available for manual configuration?

No, Never

JWarcop, Jan 17, 2018
  3. andtama Win User
    WLAN! No Gateway Reply Help!!

hello

ive got the same problem with this.. my question now how to set the DNS manualy as im sure its gonna be different with set up DNS on PC.. any one please? tell me the guideline trough this one..

thanks

andtama, Jan 17, 2018
Thema:

DNS Question

1. DNS Question - Similar Threads - DNS Question

2. Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow: In the last week or so DNS resolution has been painfully slow on my PC. It doesn't matter what DNS server I use, weather it's through DHCP or manually set, what browser I use, what network I am on, ethernet or wifi.Any site I visit, regardless of if it's one I've visited...
  3. Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow: In the last week or so DNS resolution has been painfully slow on my PC. It doesn't matter what DNS server I use, weather it's through DHCP or manually set, what browser I use, what network I am on, ethernet or wifi.Any site I visit, regardless of if it's one I've visited...
  4. DNS NSlookup Debugging question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS NSlookup Debugging question: I have been searching the internet and have not found the answer to my question and I don't know if this is the correct location to ask it. BUT when you are using the exhaustive debugging set d2 option of nslookup, it seems to omit information? Either that or I don't know how...
  5. DNS NSlookup Debugging question

DNS NSlookup Debugging question: I have been searching the internet and have not found the answer to my question and I don't know if this is the correct location to ask it. BUT when you are using the exhaustive debugging set d2 option of nslookup, it seems to omit information? Either that or I don't know how...
  6. DNS NSlookup Debugging question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Active Directory DNS and a external zone question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory DNS and a external zone question: Hey guys,I have a couple of DCs setup for example.local, I added a DNS zone to them for example.com because I have internal Web apps and set the Name Servers to its external Name Servers, but when I try to go to example.com, my PCs can't find it.For example:example.com...
  8. Active Directory DNS and a external zone question

Active Directory DNS and a external zone question: Hey guys,I have a couple of DCs setup for example.local, I added a DNS zone to them for example.com because I have internal Web apps and set the Name Servers to its external Name Servers, but when I try to go to example.com, my PCs can't find it.For example:example.com...
  9. dns question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dns question: In my router it is set that my dns server is that of my ISP. On some of my devices I have set a different dns server. Is in those cases the router setting "overruled"? Thanks for the answer. 165302
  10. DNS-over-HTTPS (or DoH) Question

in Browsers and Email
    DNS-over-HTTPS (or DoH) Question: DoH. Yet something else I am not familiar with until reading this article this morning: DNS-over-HTTPS will eventually roll out in all major browsers, despite ISP opposition | ZDNet Anyone care to comment on this and whether or not they have it enabled. I use a VPN about...