Windows 10: dns refusing access

Discus and support dns refusing access in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; dns refusing access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-refusing-access/a7ebb670-21f7-48fd-a622-0f609d2da109 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by williamallan4ek, Jun 20, 2024.

1. dns refusing access

dns refusing access

:)

williamallan4ek, Jun 20, 2024

2. DNS problems with router

A couple suggestions I have for you:

Update the firmware on the router. Maybe it's getting into a badstate, and a firmware update might fix it. Or if you're comfortable with it, install a custom firmware like dd-wrt. Just make sure its supported on your router first.

Change your DNS to: 8.8.8.8, 4.2.2.1. Might help.

If none of these work, maybe statically set your DNS on your PS3/PC to the IPs you listed, taking the router out of the lookup procedure.

Last option, is look for a new router.

Hybrid_theory, Jun 20, 2024
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jun 20, 2024
  4. SYoungYL Win User

dns refusing access

Trouble accessing Primary DNS number

I have followed the necessary steps to find my Primary DNS number however, when I get there, there is nothing listed. It will say "Connection-Specific DNS Suffix:" with nothing to follow. Is there any other way it can be found other then the Win+R >> cmd
    >> ipconfig? Or what do I need to do to make it show up there?

Thanks.

SYoungYL, Jun 20, 2024
Thema:

dns refusing access

1. dns refusing access - Similar Threads - dns refusing access

2. dns refusing access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dns refusing access: dns refusing access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-refusing-access/a7ebb670-21f7-48fd-a622-0f609d2da109
  3. No Internet Access / Error with DNS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Internet Access / Error with DNS: I've been without internet access, with it stuck on identifying network. A system restore fixed the issue, but it failed in the last attempt and the restore point is gone. I've been attempting every solution I could think of or find online. This is day 5 with hours down the...
  4. No Internet Access / Error with DNS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Internet Access / Error with DNS: I've been without internet access, with it stuck on identifying network. A system restore fixed the issue, but it failed in the last attempt and the restore point is gone. I've been attempting every solution I could think of or find online. This is day 5 with hours down the...
  5. being refused access to purchases due to not updating

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    being refused access to purchases due to not updating: a windows update really messed up my computer a couple of months ago,since then i have lost all faith in microsoft's capability to actually make a working update.when i got my pc fixed i disabled basic updates other than security updates as my consumer rights allow me to,not...
  6. DNS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS: device or resource DNS server is not responding why is this happening and how do i fix this? im able to search the internet sometimes but its glitchy and goes at a snails pace at times....
  7. Accessing a DNS address

Accessing a DNS address: I have created a DNS dynamic address. And using this address (someexample.go.ro) with a certain port, I am trying to access router page (a web camera (DVR) in fact). The issue is that on some machine I can access this address + port, on other machine, I cannot. And I don't...
  8. DNS

DNS: In WIndows 10, can I change to the DNS provider of m choice while still keeping the Automatic DHCP setting on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns/74086f8e-e90a-4b16-ab35-c6b5bbcb6f3f
  9. Dns

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dns: My computer tells me it can't find my dns . Help.i have no internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns/24304da8-11cb-4d3a-8db9-366015f645f4
  10. Able to access network shares with dns relay on, but not with it off.

Able to access network shares with dns relay on, but not with it off.: ok, (as im sure this will make obvious) networking is not my forte. I recently ugpraded to gigabit and in the interest of figuring out some ping issues (that'll be another thread after i sort this lol) Ive discovered an issue with my network shares. If I have dns...