Windows 10: DNS request timed out in command prompt

Discus and support DNS request timed out in command prompt in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I've been experiencing issues with Halo MCC giving me this weird microstutter when I play online. In diagnosing it I've reinstalled windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by xake83k, Jan 24, 2023.

1. xake83k Win User

DNS request timed out in command prompt

Hello, I've been experiencing issues with Halo MCC giving me this weird microstutter when I play online. In diagnosing it I've reinstalled windows completely, tried multiple sets of hardware 3 motherboards, 2 processors, 2 sets of ram, 2 graphics cards, 2 power supplies, and two SSDs. The only thing that's stayed the same is the actual license for Windows as it has booted fine on all 3 mobo's. Additionally, I had the problem on Win11, downgraded back to 10, then eventually upgraded back to 11 and the problem has persisted each time. I also did full clean repair installs everytime I swapped o

:)

xake83k, Jan 24, 2023
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jan 24, 2023
  3. akobitoma Win User
    Intermittent DNS Request Timed Out

Hi all

As the title suggest, I'm having an issue where sometimes, performing nslookup will result in DNS request timed out.

DNS request timed out in command prompt 356539d1641464718t-intermittent-dns-request-timed-out-image11111.png

If I ping the IP directly, I can get replies, so network connectivity shouldn't be an issue.
    If I ping the URL, then it takes about 5 seconds until it shows the replies.

Any idea what might be happening to my machine?

Thank you in advance.

akobitoma, Jan 24, 2023
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

DNS unavailable

Hi Anthony,

Looks like you are experiencing connection issues due to your DNS servers not resolving the requests.

Let's perform these steps below to flush your DNS and request a new IP address from your ISP server:

• Press the Windows key + R key to launch the Run dialog box.
    • In the run command type cmd.exe and click Ok.
    • When the command prompt opens, type the following and press Enter after each command:
      • ipconfig /flushdns
      • ipconfig /release
      • ipconfig /renew

Kindly give us an update on how it goes and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

1. DNS request timed out in command prompt - Similar Threads - DNS request timed

2. DNS request timed out in command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS request timed out in command prompt: Hello, I've been experiencing issues with Halo MCC giving me this weird microstutter when I play online. In diagnosing it I've reinstalled windows completely, tried multiple sets of hardware 3 motherboards, 2 processors, 2 sets of ram, 2 graphics cards, 2 power supplies, and...
  3. Request time out error.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Request time out error.: Every time I check websites it gives me the error saying request time out. I don't have any errors using different device. I remember that I did a system restore with my computer and I already have it worked now. I tried resetting router or even plugging and unplugging the...
  4. Request timed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request timed out: Each website I visited I got this error message but when I browse using different device it works fine without problem. I remember I made a system restore on the device but couple of days ago I was able to use the computer properly. I have LAN connection. I tried to...
  5. Request timed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Request timed out: Each website I visited I got this error message but when I browse using different device it works fine without problem. I remember I made a system restore on the device but couple of days ago I was able to use the computer properly. I have LAN connection. I tried to...
  6. Request timed out

7. Intermittent Request Timed Out

Intermittent Request Timed Out: Hi,I am encountering this reply when I ping my host of the remote desktop that I use for work but when I ping google.com, I am not receiving Request Timed Out reply. May you please explain what are the possible cause and how to fix this. Hope you can help me resolve my...
  8. Frequent "Request timed out"

Frequent "Request timed out": I have been gettting this problem for the past 4 days. Getting frequent "Request timed out" when pinging Google. Anyone know how to fix this? This causes me to lag in some games due to ping spiking. [ATTACH]...
  9. Command Prompts grayed out.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompts grayed out.: Command Prompts such as print, save, etc are grayed out. Unable to save or print document. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompts-grayed-out/f1ded3b6-db66-4bde-bdf8-e5ff3490af5c
  10. Request timed out

Request timed out: Hi, please help when i'm using any wifi, it's not stable at all and when i ping with CMD ( ping riot.de -t ) i get requested timed out each 4 secs continiously (riot.de is a League of legends game server, it works perfectly almost at anytime) same issue with google.com or...