Windows 10: DNS resolve extremely slow on Windows 11

Discus and support DNS resolve extremely slow on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've encountered the problem since recently updating to Windows 11 from Windows 10 21H2.My browsers Chrome, Edge would take 10 sec or longer time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Inku Xuan, May 28, 2022.

1. Inku Xuan Win User

DNS resolve extremely slow on Windows 11

I've encountered the problem since recently updating to Windows 11 from Windows 10 21H2.My browsers Chrome, Edge would take 10 sec or longer time before even loading a new webpage especially from a new domain.I then tried `ipconfig /flushdns` to see if it is a DNS problem, and it was, because right after I run flush dns, every new domain takes more than 10 secs before it even start to load loading will only take 1 sec.To rule out the possibility of a fault DNS, I tried multiple public DNS addresses including 8.8.4.4, 1.0.0.1, 223.5.5.5;These DNS all respond within 10ms when using the comma

:)

Inku Xuan, May 28, 2022

2. Extremely slow pc suddenly windows 8.1

Windows 8.1 suddenly my pc is extremely slow any suggestions please

johnsonconnie, May 28, 2022
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    faster dns?

That is a great tool, but make sure you do the ~30 test to make a custom DNS server list first, then use it to find the fastest out of those.

newtekie1, May 28, 2022
  4. Bunkei Win User

DNS does not resolve for download.microsoft.com

Bunkei, May 28, 2022
Thema:

1. DNS resolve extremely slow on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - DNS resolve extremely

2. Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow: In the last week or so DNS resolution has been painfully slow on my PC. It doesn't matter what DNS server I use, weather it's through DHCP or manually set, what browser I use, what network I am on, ethernet or wifi.Any site I visit, regardless of if it's one I've visited...
  3. Windows 11 jumplist extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 jumplist extremely slow.: My jumplist for all the programs pinned on my taskbar is extremely slow. I'm running a new Windows 11 22H2 laptop.All Office app and also other apps are affected.I tried deactivating the flag in Settings > Personalization > Start > Turn On the switch against Show recently...
  4. Windows 11 jumplist extremely slow.

Windows 11 jumplist extremely slow.: My jumplist for all the programs pinned on my taskbar is extremely slow. I'm running a new Windows 11 22H2 laptop.All Office app and also other apps are affected.I tried deactivating the flag in Settings > Personalization > Start > Turn On the switch against Show recently...
  5. DNS resolve extremely slow on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS resolve extremely slow on Windows 11: I've encountered the problem since recently updating to Windows 11 from Windows 10 21H2.My browsers Chrome, Edge would take 10 sec or longer time before even loading a new webpage especially from a new domain.I then tried `ipconfig /flushdns` to see if it is a DNS problem,...
  6. DNS RESOLVE ISSUES

DNS RESOLVE ISSUES: I have An Ad with 2 DC with DNS , I have Some servers which needs to go on internet , but not others. IF i configure Forwarders all Servers will resolve public DNS queries .If I am adding secondary DNS as public DNS , public DNS queries are not resolved , If i Move it to the...
  7. DNS RESOLVE ISSUES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS RESOLVE ISSUES: I have An Ad with 2 DC with DNS , I have Some servers which needs to go on internet , but not others. IF i configure Forwarders all Servers will resolve public DNS queries .If I am adding secondary DNS as public DNS , public DNS queries are not resolved , If i Move it to the...
  8. DNS RESOLVE ISSUES

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Extremely slow Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extremely slow Windows: For some reason my Windows 10 Acer laptop has become extremely slow during the last week or so. I have run the PERFMON /REPORT and see there is a problem which I don't understand and would appreciate help with. Here is a screen print of the report :[ATTACH]...
  10. DNS not resolved on material.angularjs.org

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS not resolved on material.angularjs.org: Hello! I'm taking a course which needs Angular2, and the website is not possible to reach. I have a ZTE F668 ONT router, DIGI Hungary network provider. The router is able to ping the website with built in tool. Android devices on the local WiFi network can open the...