Windows 10: DNS RESOLVE ISSUES

Discus and support DNS RESOLVE ISSUES in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have An Ad with 2 DC with DNS , I have Some servers which needs to go on internet , but not others. IF i configure Forwarders all Servers will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MohammedImran24, Jan 9, 2022.

1. DNS RESOLVE ISSUES

I have An Ad with 2 DC with DNS , I have Some servers which needs to go on internet , but not others. IF i configure Forwarders all Servers will resolve public DNS queries .If I am adding secondary DNS as public DNS , public DNS queries are not resolved , If i Move it to the primary DNs , then internal resolving has problems . How to resolve this

:)

MohammedImran24, Jan 9, 2022
  2. Bunkei Win User

DNS does not resolve for download.microsoft.com

Bunkei, Jan 9, 2022
  3. Gino Des Win User
    DNS does not resolve for download.microsoft.com

Hi Ben,

To isolate the cause of this issue, we recommend that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, let's try to reset your Internet connection settings and cache. To reset, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button.
    • On the search bar, type cmd, and then right-click Command Prompt in the list.
    • Select Run as Administrator, and then select Yes.
    • At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order:
      • Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
      • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /all and press Enter. Verify if you are using Google or your ISP's DNS server.

Let us know how it goes.

Gino Des, Jan 9, 2022
  4. DNS RESOLVE ISSUES

Windows 10 - DNS Resolving Issue

Hello,

I installed Windows 10 about two weeks ago and in the last few days I have had some serious DNS resolving errors with both Chrome and Microsoft Edge. On Chrome I can connect to some websites but Microsoft Edge cant display any webpages.

My desktop is hardwired to my router (router is Linksys 2400 AC Dual Band). My internet provider is Comcast.

I've contacted the ISP and Comcast is not able to resolve the DNS issue, they say they don't have a DNS issue.

The odd part is that the DNS issue only seems to be affecting my Windows 10 computer. My android SG6 (wireless connection) and my Windows 8.1 laptop (wired connection) which connect to the Linksys router have no DNS issues. So I'm pretty confident the
    DNS issue does not lie with the router, modem or the ISP.

On my desktop I've configured my internet connection to use the DNS server of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I've also configured my Linksys router to use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for DNS. I've logged into the modem and made sure there were no issues there. (i've also
    set the DNS server for IPv6 on my desktop machine and router).

I've tried clearing the DNS cache on my desktop using ipconfig /flushdns

I've tried releasing and renewing IP addresses on the desktop.

I've tried netsh winsock reset via cmd windows on the desktop.

I've tried Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

My network adapter driver is up to date too, and i've tried reinstalling it

Everything works when Windows is rebooted into safe mode with networking.

The odd thing is that programs like Teamviewer, Steam, and Spotify still work on my desktop that require internet. Its only the browsers and Skype that are affected.

I ran a virus scan using Windows Defender and a malware scan using Malware Anitbytes - both scans came back clean.

Nothing i've tried fixes the DNS issue. Neither Chrome or Edge on my desktop are able to pull up webpages. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I'm out of ideas.

alexjbrandt, Jan 9, 2022
Thema:

DNS RESOLVE ISSUES

1. DNS RESOLVE ISSUES - Similar Threads - DNS RESOLVE ISSUES

2. AD 2012 dns resolve issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AD 2012 dns resolve issue: hi community and supporti have an issue all of the sudden my AD unable to resolve any hostname from external but i can ping any website ip the only problem can resolved hostname so my AD wont be able to browse. i tired to reset the winsock, registerdns, flushdns but nothing...
  3. AD 2012 dns resolve issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AD 2012 dns resolve issue: hi community and supporti have an issue all of the sudden my AD unable to resolve any hostname from external but i can ping any website ip the only problem can resolved hostname so my AD wont be able to browse. i tired to reset the winsock, registerdns, flushdns but nothing...
  4. DNS RESOLVE ISSUES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS RESOLVE ISSUES: I have An Ad with 2 DC with DNS , I have Some servers which needs to go on internet , but not others. IF i configure Forwarders all Servers will resolve public DNS queries .If I am adding secondary DNS as public DNS , public DNS queries are not resolved , If i Move it to the...
  5. DNS RESOLVE ISSUES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS RESOLVE ISSUES: I have An Ad with 2 DC with DNS , I have Some servers which needs to go on internet , but not others. IF i configure Forwarders all Servers will resolve public DNS queries .If I am adding secondary DNS as public DNS , public DNS queries are not resolved , If i Move it to the...
  6. Netbios and resolving local DNS names

Netbios and resolving local DNS names: I am having a couple issues with one of my Windows 10 PCs (Windows 10 Pro 64 ver 1909) that appeared after I replaced my LAN's router (replaced D-Link DIR-885L with a TP-Link AX6000). Issue #1) Registry entry...
  7. unwanted DNS resolvers, added by system

unwanted DNS resolvers, added by system: Using windows 10 1909, IPv4 and IPv6 both enabled. environment: I'm using pihole + unbound on a raspberry pi as a local DNS resolver and have thus configured (DHCP) to use an IPv4 address as my DNS server. This works fine, goal: kill trackers and ads, privacy. I discovered...
  8. Windows can not resolve DNS issue.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows can not resolve DNS issue.: I keep having issues logging into Microsoft Store and Xbox desktop app. Whenever I run diagnostic attempts with windows, I get this response. "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding.". I have already...
  9. DNS not resolved on material.angularjs.org

DNS not resolved on material.angularjs.org: Hello! I'm taking a course which needs Angular2, and the website is not possible to reach. I have a ZTE F668 ONT router, DIGI Hungary network provider. The router is able to ping the website with built in tool. Android devices on the local WiFi network can open the...
  10. Display DNS Resolver Cache in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Display DNS Resolver Cache in Windows: How to: Display DNS Resolver Cache in Windows How to Display Your DNS Resolver Cache in Windows A DNS (Domain Name System) resolver cache is a temporary database, maintained by Windows, that contains records of all your recent visits and attempted visits to websites and...