Windows 10: dns resolve not existent names to strange ip

Discus and support dns resolve not existent names to strange ip in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It has been a long time that my computer resolve names to strange ip when resolving not existent names. For example today ping pippo.pluto.paperino... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pm__, Oct 3, 2020.

1. pm__ Win User

dns resolve not existent names to strange ip

It has been a long time that my computer resolve names to strange ip when resolving not existent names.

For example today ping pippo.pluto.paperino resolves to ip 173.45.161.113 see below.

Has anybody ever experienced this phenomenon, sometimes very annoying ie test for unreachable host or in presence of DNS search list with multiple domain?

Thank you in advance for every suggestion and help

Pietro

ping pippo.pluto.paperino

Pinging pippo.pluto.paperino [173.45.161.113] with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 173.45.161.113:
    Packets: Sent = 1, Received = 0, Lost = 1 100% loss,
    Control-C
    ^C

:)

pm__, Oct 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 local DNS names intermittently not resolving

Ever since I upgraded my Windows 7 Pro machine to Windows 10 Pro, I have intermittent issues resolving local DNS names. I've checked my primary and secondary DNS servers and the logs don't show any issues that would point to a potential issue on the server
    side. I can ping IP addresses with no problem and internet names are resolving normally, but the local DNS names won't resolve. I end up having to run 'ipconfig /flushdns' to get local DNS to resolve correctly. Is my local DNS cache resolver data becoming
    corrupted? What could be causing this? Any ideas?

HenryArroyo, Oct 3, 2020
  3. JackHughs Win User
    Netbios and resolving local DNS names

Yes. I was only suggesting that you to edit the LMHosts file rather than the Hosts file.

JackHughs, Oct 3, 2020
  4. dns resolve not existent names to strange ip

tracert not resolving IP to DNS

Hi All,

When I place a tracert command to a certain destination it's not resolving the correct DNS name. But if I run the " nslookup " it works fine. Is any one have any idea about this issue ??

Please note :-

In my network configurations I have 2 DNS servers ( primary and secondary )

mmethw2003, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

dns resolve not existent names to strange ip

1. dns resolve not existent names to strange ip - Similar Threads - dns resolve existent

2. The DNS name does not exist. Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The DNS name does not exist. Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND: Hi,I'm unable open this webpage in IE. Please help mehttps://smartinvestor.business-standard.com/market/toploosrs-BSE-bse_sensex-1year-1.htm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dns-name-does-not-exist-error-code/bb03d246-a16d-4cda-bc73-cdb74721c336
  3. The DNS name does not exist. Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND

in Windows 10 Customization
    The DNS name does not exist. Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND: Hi,I'm unable open this webpage in IE. Please help mehttps://smartinvestor.business-standard.com/market/toploosrs-BSE-bse_sensex-1year-1.htm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dns-name-does-not-exist-error-code/bb03d246-a16d-4cda-bc73-cdb74721c336
  4. The DNS name does not exist. Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. DNS Name does not exist - error 9003

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS Name does not exist - error 9003: NEED HELP!!!I just check my DHCP and find this error in the log file: what is mean and how to fix ???the error: PTR record registration for IPv4 address [[x.x.x.x]] and FQDN name.domain.com failed with error 9003 DNS name does not exist.....
  6. DNS Name does not exist - error 9003

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS Name does not exist - error 9003: NEED HELP!!!I just check my DHCP and find this error in the log file: what is mean and how to fix ???the error: PTR record registration for IPv4 address [[x.x.x.x]] and FQDN name.domain.com failed with error 9003 DNS name does not exist.....
  7. DNS RESOLVE ISSUES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS RESOLVE ISSUES: I have An Ad with 2 DC with DNS , I have Some servers which needs to go on internet , but not others. IF i configure Forwarders all Servers will resolve public DNS queries .If I am adding secondary DNS as public DNS , public DNS queries are not resolved , If i Move it to the...
  8. Netbios and resolving local DNS names

Netbios and resolving local DNS names: I am having a couple issues with one of my Windows 10 PCs (Windows 10 Pro 64 ver 1909) that appeared after I replaced my LAN's router (replaced D-Link DIR-885L with a TP-Link AX6000). Issue #1) Registry entry...
  9. IP, DNS, confussion

IP, DNS, confussion: Why do I get a different ip address showing on different network scanner apps? I’ve looked up the addresses in Whois and all I’m getting back is this is a private address. I don’t understand how they differ from apps. Now DNS this just goes straight over my head. I just...
  10. The DNS name does not exist

The DNS name does not exist: When I visit a foreign news website and then re-direct to another page by clicking the news title, it always displays “The DNS name does not exist. Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND.” However, there is no problem to visit the most of other websites and redirect to the...