Windows 10: DNS server is not responding on Windows 10

Discus and support DNS server is not responding on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have two issues. 1, DNS server is not responding. I have issue when I try to connect to Ethernet or wifi it says No internet and got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ramesh Bhudia, Oct 1, 2019.

1. DNS server is not responding on Windows 10

Hello,

I have two issues.

1, DNS server is not responding.

I have issue when I try to connect to Ethernet or wifi it says No internet and got the yellow exclamation mark on it. When troubleshooting the network it says DNS server is not responding.

I have tried all the troubleshooting steps like flushdns, registerdns, etc. In short everything disabling antivirus, turning off windows firewall services. But, this didn't resolve the issue at all. I read other forums online and tried all their solutions but no luck.

This is not the first time I have come across. It has happened to several Windows10 machines in our company and the trousbleshoot steps have worked only once and rest of the times we had to reset the PC deleting all the apps and leaving files. This solution worked but this is not the good solution that resetting the PC and reinstall the apps again.

I want to know if Microsoft is aware of this issue and trying to fix it?

2, Windows stuck on WELCOME screen when logging in.

I had windows startup issues before on another machine. After login the windows was stuck on WELCOME screen and doesn't go further than that.

For this too again I tried all the troubleshoot issues but no luck. It booted good in safe mode but in normal mode. I did some troubleshoot it did let me sign in once in normal mode but then it couldn't connect to network at all neither opened any app. So, I had to revert those settings. Can't say exactly what settings where they becuase I played too many settings.

Then finally had to revert back all the settings to original. After trying it for 3 hours I gave up and had to reset the PC. Which came to normal mode later.

There are too many bugs in windows 10. Please provide solution to them.

:)

Ramesh Bhudia, Oct 1, 2019
  2. Jim Hwell Win User

Windows 10 DNS Server not responding

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 on my MSI Laptop. After install, I keep getting a
    "DNS Server not responding". When I switch back to Windows 8, the computer and Internet Connectivity works fine. I tried re-installing Windows 10 again today with the same problem, "DNS server not responding". I am now back on Windows 8.1.

Any Suggestions?

Jim Hwell, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Aquinus Win User
    DNS Servers

I run a DNS server locally, so when a domain is already cached, I get it back almost instantly, otherwise it responds as fast as the first server in my list (75.75.75.75 in my case.)

Aquinus, Oct 1, 2019
  4. DNS server is not responding on Windows 10

How do I fix the the DNS Server Not Responding Windows 10?

I can not fix the "DNS Server Not Responding" error on my personal laptop (Windows 10 [on my work laptop in order to post]).

I have followed help steps from:

How to Fix DNS Server Not Responding Windows 10?

Solve DNS Server Not Responding Errors on Your Network

How to Release and Renew IP Addresses in Windows

Resetting Testing for - Microsoft Community

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/...nection-issues

All which have not resolved the DNS connection issue.

Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this?

AussieStudent81, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

DNS server is not responding on Windows 10

1. DNS server is not responding on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - DNS server responding

2. dns server not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dns server not responding: dns server not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-not-responding/8ead3d5a-127f-450c-982b-fb38a781243b
  3. DNS server not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS server not responding: Using Windows 10One website loading fineAny other is unreachable - troubleshooting saying "DNS server is not responding" WiFi connection is perfectly fine through my phone I have searched the other responses but they haven't worked... help!...
  4. DNS Server is not responding

DNS Server is not responding: Sadly this is my 3rd problem with my 1month old Lenovo y540. So, yesterday, I casually surf the internet and then suddenly my wifi was dead maybe electricity stuff, maintenance or something and that's usually normal for me & will turned on again in few minutes. The thing is,...
  5. DNS Server not responding

DNS Server not responding: Having some internet connection issues lately. Today the error message was: The DNS Server isn't responding. Details show: Your computer is trying to use a DNS server that is incorrect or doesn't exist. We've had CenturyLink out recently. They confirmed we were/are...
  6. DNS Server Not Responding

DNS Server Not Responding: Error message: DNS server is not responding. The screen shots they show to fix it don't match my Windows 10 screens. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-not-responding/f3e136f5-e7c7-427d-80f3-95803abbaa71
  7. DNS server not responding.

DNS server not responding.: Yesterday (the 31st of August), my connection went funny. I thought it would fix itself as it often does, but after it didn't and even after trying manually, I ended-up doing a troubleshoot. It came back with "DNS server is not responding". I went to my router and unplugged...
  8. DNS Server is not responding - Windows 10

DNS Server is not responding - Windows 10: OK, so I have read several articles on this and absolutely nothing I have tried works. I have tried: - Disabling my antivirus (Windows Defender) - Following the Command Window commands suggested everywhere as a fix for this: ipconfig/all netsh int ip reset netsh winsock...
  9. DNS server not responding

DNS server not responding: DNS server not responding. Continuing message 'Not connected to internet" but it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-not-responding/e5939f0f-55dd-4c90-bcd9-75e4eef69c79
  10. Windows 10 - DNS Server Not responding

Windows 10 - DNS Server Not responding: Hello, I have tried everything mentioned in https://www.xtremerain.com/fix-dns-server-responding-windows/ and other places on the web: 1. Resetting and renewing DNS with ipconfig / flushdns, registerdns, release, and renew and then restarting. 2. Changing DNS server...