Windows 10: DNS Server is not responding - Windows 10

Discus and support DNS Server is not responding - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OK, so I have read several articles on this and absolutely nothing I have tried works. I have tried: - Disabling my antivirus (Windows Defender) -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dave0711, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Dave0711 Win User

DNS Server is not responding - Windows 10

OK, so I have read several articles on this and absolutely nothing I have tried works. I have tried:

- Disabling my antivirus (Windows Defender)

- Following the Command Window commands suggested everywhere as a fix for this:

• ipconfig/all
    • netsh int ip reset
    • netsh winsock reset
    • ipconfig/flushdns
    • ipconfig/renew

- Resetting the internet protocols for the Preferred and Alternate DNS server (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4 respectively)

- Updating Network Drivers (all were up to date so I didn't need to do anything here) and checking for MS Virtual Wi-Fi Adapter to disable, which I don't have so I didn't need to do anything here either

- Forgetting the network and re-entering the details

It's aggravatingly frequent - I can go maybe ten minutes browsing, and then I'll get this for several minutes no matter what I do, and I'm getting fed up with it.

This isn't my normal internet connection - I am currently on holiday. The one at home works absolutely fine with no issues, although I am worried with all this tampering I've had to do to try and get this one to work that I've made a mess that'll carry over when I get home. I'm getting a bit fed up with this!

:)

Dave0711, Aug 19, 2019
  2. Jim Hwell Win User

Windows 10 DNS Server not responding

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 on my MSI Laptop. After install, I keep getting a
    "DNS Server not responding". When I switch back to Windows 8, the computer and Internet Connectivity works fine. I tried re-installing Windows 10 again today with the same problem, "DNS server not responding". I am now back on Windows 8.1.

Any Suggestions?

Jim Hwell, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Aquinus Win User
    DNS Servers

I run a DNS server locally, so when a domain is already cached, I get it back almost instantly, otherwise it responds as fast as the first server in my list (75.75.75.75 in my case.)

Aquinus, Aug 19, 2019
  4. DNS Server is not responding - Windows 10

How do I fix the the DNS Server Not Responding Windows 10?

I can not fix the "DNS Server Not Responding" error on my personal laptop (Windows 10 [on my work laptop in order to post]).

I have followed help steps from:

How to Fix DNS Server Not Responding Windows 10?

Solve DNS Server Not Responding Errors on Your Network

How to Release and Renew IP Addresses in Windows

Resetting Testing for - Microsoft Community

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/...nection-issues

All which have not resolved the DNS connection issue.

Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this?

AussieStudent81, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

DNS Server is not responding - Windows 10

1. DNS Server is not responding - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - DNS Server responding

2. DNS Server not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS Server not responding: For some reason I've lost the use of the Internet. I ran diagnostics and get the message "DNS Server not responding". My Network shows to be connected in settings. What can I do to resolve this problem?ThanksKen Miller977...
  3. dns server not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dns server not responding: dns server not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-not-responding/8ead3d5a-127f-450c-982b-fb38a781243b
  4. DNS server not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS server not responding: Using Windows 10One website loading fineAny other is unreachable - troubleshooting saying "DNS server is not responding" WiFi connection is perfectly fine through my phone I have searched the other responses but they haven't worked... help!...
  5. DNS Server is not responding

DNS Server is not responding: Sadly this is my 3rd problem with my 1month old Lenovo y540. So, yesterday, I casually surf the internet and then suddenly my wifi was dead maybe electricity stuff, maintenance or something and that's usually normal for me & will turned on again in few minutes. The thing is,...
  6. DNS Server not responding

DNS Server not responding: Having some internet connection issues lately. Today the error message was: The DNS Server isn't responding. Details show: Your computer is trying to use a DNS server that is incorrect or doesn't exist. We've had CenturyLink out recently. They confirmed we were/are...
  7. DNS Server Not Responding

DNS Server Not Responding: Error message: DNS server is not responding. The screen shots they show to fix it don't match my Windows 10 screens. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-not-responding/f3e136f5-e7c7-427d-80f3-95803abbaa71
  8. DNS server is not responding on Windows 10

DNS server is not responding on Windows 10: Hello, I have two issues. 1, DNS server is not responding. I have issue when I try to connect to Ethernet or wifi it says No internet and got the yellow exclamation mark on it. When troubleshooting the network it says DNS server is not responding. I have tried all...
  9. DNS server not responding

DNS server not responding: DNS server not responding. Continuing message 'Not connected to internet" but it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-not-responding/e5939f0f-55dd-4c90-bcd9-75e4eef69c79
  10. Windows 10 - DNS Server Not responding

Windows 10 - DNS Server Not responding: Hello, I have tried everything mentioned in https://www.xtremerain.com/fix-dns-server-responding-windows/ and other places on the web: 1. Resetting and renewing DNS with ipconfig / flushdns, registerdns, release, and renew and then restarting. 2. Changing DNS server...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install server not responding windows 10