Windows 10: 'DNS server isn't responding' on laptop... but all other devices work just fine

Discus and support 'DNS server isn't responding' on laptop... but all other devices work just fine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Everyday this week when i turn my laptop on the internet won't work. It will say 'Connected, no internet' for both Wifi and Ethernet cable. Other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by R.185246798, Jun 18, 2021.

1. 'DNS server isn't responding' on laptop... but all other devices work just fine

Everyday this week when i turn my laptop on the internet won't work. It will say 'Connected, no internet' for both Wifi and Ethernet cable. Other laptops and phones in the house connect to the internet with no issue. The only way i have been temporarily resolving this is by restarting my router every time i want to use the laptop, which then makes it connect to the internet. This is not ideal since every other device works perfectly without having to restart the router. Is there a way to fix this problem permanently? When i run the troubleshooter it says DNS server isn't responding. I have tri

:)

R.185246798, Jun 18, 2021

2. DNS server not responding Windows 10

Does anyone have a method to correct this issue that is in plain english or a step by step instruction - I don't understand all the fancy computer language. My ISP changed the network name and password. All my other devices work properly except for this
    one........two laptops and a tablet are fine, the third laptop - my work one (as opposed to leisure) - seems to connect fine, but when I try to use it, the internet connection is lost and when I run troubleshooter, it says DNS server not responding and/or
    DNS server timed out. Please help if you can!

Squeegie(2), Jun 18, 2021
  3. Jim Hwell Win User
    Windows 10 DNS Server not responding

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 on my MSI Laptop. After install, I keep getting a
    "DNS Server not responding". When I switch back to Windows 8, the computer and Internet Connectivity works fine. I tried re-installing Windows 10 again today with the same problem, "DNS server not responding". I am now back on Windows 8.1.

Any Suggestions?

Jim Hwell, Jun 18, 2021
  4. 'DNS server isn't responding' on laptop... but all other devices work just fine

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

'DNS server isn't responding' on laptop... but all other devices work just fine

1. 'DNS server isn't responding' on laptop... but all other devices work just fine - Similar Threads - 'DNS server isn't

2. dns server not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dns server not responding: dns server not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-not-responding/8ead3d5a-127f-450c-982b-fb38a781243b
  3. The DNS server isn't responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The DNS server isn't responding: What do I do to fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dns-server-isnt-responding/eb59568a-9590-4152-ab29-607a36d9a8c6
  4. The DNS server isn't responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The DNS server isn't responding: What do I do to fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dns-server-isnt-responding/eb59568a-9590-4152-ab29-607a36d9a8c6
  5. The DNS server isn't responding

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The DNS server isn't responding: When I wake my computer in the morning, the network access icon in the systray changes to "connected' after a few seconds but I cannot access the internet. I run Troubleshoot and get the message "the dns server isn't responding." Restarting the browser and email client does...
  6. DNS server not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS server not responding: Using Windows 10One website loading fineAny other is unreachable - troubleshooting saying "DNS server is not responding" WiFi connection is perfectly fine through my phone I have searched the other responses but they haven't worked... help!...
  7. "The DNS server isn't responding"

"The DNS server isn't responding": Hello, I recently get the error as written in title for my internet. When I troubleshoot that error pops up, how can I fix it? I have tried all possible solutions and what is the cause for it?...
  8. DNS Server Not Responding

DNS Server Not Responding: Error message: DNS server is not responding. The screen shots they show to fix it don't match my Windows 10 screens. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-not-responding/f3e136f5-e7c7-427d-80f3-95803abbaa71
  9. DNS server not responding

DNS server not responding: DNS server not responding. Continuing message 'Not connected to internet" but it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-not-responding/e5939f0f-55dd-4c90-bcd9-75e4eef69c79
  10. DNS Server Isn't Responding

DNS Server Isn't Responding: Ive been having trouble with my PC disconnecting from its WiFi connection and unable to reconnect. At thr moment when I run Windows Network Diagnostics it returns The DNS server isn't responding. I've tried following online instructions to go through control panel, and...