Windows 10: DNS Server Isn’t Responding - Windows 10 S

Discus and support DNS Server Isn’t Responding - Windows 10 S in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am having trouble with connecting my grandfather’s laptop to the internet. He keeps getting the DNS Server Isn’t Responding error. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Itsajaething, Jun 30, 2020.

1. DNS Server Isn’t Responding - Windows 10 S

Hello,

I am having trouble with connecting my grandfather’s laptop to the internet. He keeps getting the DNS Server Isn’t Responding error. However, the wifi router is connected and says secured and works as all the other devices in the household seem to be doing fine.

I looked at this article on what to do

https://www.lifewire.com/solving-dns-server-not-responding-errors-4039966

As well as watched a few tutorials on how to fix it

However, the setting options that are presented in the videos aren’t available on my grandfather’s computer as he is in S mode. He needs to be in Windows 10 Home or Pro mode to make it happen. However, we can’t access the app store because there isn’t any internet connection.

So we’re in a bit in a Catch 22.

Any suggestions or ways we can fix it?

Thank you!

:)

Itsajaething, Jun 30, 2020

2. DNS server isn’t responding

Hi Isaac,

This could be an issue with the router or the device that you are using.
    With that being said, we suggest that you try changing the DNS service from manually to public. Here are the steps:

• Type View network connections in the Search box.
    • Locate the network connection that you’re connected with, right-click on it and select Properties from the menu.
    • Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.

DNS Server Isn’t Responding - Windows 10 S e75af7f0-e7ac-4ea3-b0e8-a8ceed78fb2a?upload=true.png
    • Select Use the following DNS server addresses option.
    • As Preferred DNS server, enter 8.8.8.8. As for Alternate DNS server, enter 8.8.4.4. You can also use
      208.67.222.222 as Preferred and 208.67.220.220 as
      Alternate DNS server.

DNS Server Isn’t Responding - Windows 10 S 11fa2752-93c3-4f55-a045-71eac326820f?upload=true.png
    • Click OK to save changes.
    • You may try to disconnect from the Internet and connect back after.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

PreciousLeb, Jun 30, 2020
  3. DNS Server Not Responding

Error message: DNS server is not responding. The screen shots they show to fix it don't match my Windows 10 screens. Any suggestions?

CindyBevan, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Jim Hwell Win User

DNS Server Isn’t Responding - Windows 10 S

Windows 10 DNS Server not responding

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 on my MSI Laptop. After install, I keep getting a
    "DNS Server not responding". When I switch back to Windows 8, the computer and Internet Connectivity works fine. I tried re-installing Windows 10 again today with the same problem, "DNS server not responding". I am now back on Windows 8.1.

Any Suggestions?

Jim Hwell, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

DNS Server Isn’t Responding - Windows 10 S

1. DNS Server Isn’t Responding - Windows 10 S - Similar Threads - DNS Server Isn’t

2. DNS Server not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS Server not responding: For some reason I've lost the use of the Internet. I ran diagnostics and get the message "DNS Server not responding". My Network shows to be connected in settings. What can I do to resolve this problem?ThanksKen Miller977...
  3. dns server not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dns server not responding: dns server not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-not-responding/8ead3d5a-127f-450c-982b-fb38a781243b
  4. DNS server not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS server not responding: Using Windows 10One website loading fineAny other is unreachable - troubleshooting saying "DNS server is not responding" WiFi connection is perfectly fine through my phone I have searched the other responses but they haven't worked... help!...
  5. DNS Server Not Responding

DNS Server Not Responding: Error message: DNS server is not responding. The screen shots they show to fix it don't match my Windows 10 screens. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-not-responding/f3e136f5-e7c7-427d-80f3-95803abbaa71
  6. DNS server is not responding on Windows 10

DNS server is not responding on Windows 10: Hello, I have two issues. 1, DNS server is not responding. I have issue when I try to connect to Ethernet or wifi it says No internet and got the yellow exclamation mark on it. When troubleshooting the network it says DNS server is not responding. I have tried all...
  7. DNS Server is not responding - Windows 10

DNS Server is not responding - Windows 10: OK, so I have read several articles on this and absolutely nothing I have tried works. I have tried: - Disabling my antivirus (Windows Defender) - Following the Command Window commands suggested everywhere as a fix for this: ipconfig/all netsh int ip reset netsh winsock...
  8. DNS server not responding

DNS server not responding: DNS server not responding. Continuing message 'Not connected to internet" but it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-not-responding/e5939f0f-55dd-4c90-bcd9-75e4eef69c79
  9. DNS server isn’t responding (Windows 10)

DNS server isn’t responding (Windows 10): Yesterday the wifi was working normally, then suddenly later at night (12am) the wifi started acting up and nothing would load on our phones, or laptop. All this morning i have restarting the router, even restarted the ont but everyrhing seems to be fine on that end. Windows...
  10. DNS server isn’t responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DNS server isn’t responding: hi , i have tried several of the “fixes” posted here and on other forums. From flushing dns cache, rebooting router, computer and it worked for a moment and then goes right back to above problem. I am semi computer literate but dont like messing with insides when not knowing...