Windows 10: DNS server not responding.

Discus and support DNS server not responding. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yesterday (the 31st of August), my connection went funny. I thought it would fix itself as it often does, but after it didn't and even after trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by finlandsberet, Sep 1, 2019.

1. DNS server not responding.

Yesterday (the 31st of August), my connection went funny. I thought it would fix itself as it often does, but after it didn't and even after trying manually, I ended-up doing a troubleshoot. It came back with "DNS server is not responding".

I went to my router and unplugged it, restarted and even reset it, and my connection went back to normal.

This morning (1st of September), my laptop had a perfect connection but I stupidly decided to try disconnecting and reconnecting, only to get the same message. I've since managed to fix the problem by tinkering with the router again.

I've tried several methods of fixing it as well, from restarting/rebooting my laptop to making it forget the router and connection, but nothing I tried worked until I went back to the router. As of right now I've got a good connection and I daren't try disconnecting and reconnecting again in case I can't get it back.

Why am I getting the "DNS server is not responding" message? Could it have something to do with my IP address? If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

:)

finlandsberet, Sep 1, 2019
  2. Aquinus Win User

DNS Servers

I run a DNS server locally, so when a domain is already cached, I get it back almost instantly, otherwise it responds as fast as the first server in my list (75.75.75.75 in my case.)

Aquinus, Sep 1, 2019
  3. DediQZ Win User
    DNS server not responding

Hi,

Thank you for help.

1. Its wireless connection.

2. Toshiba. Satellite C55

3. no i didn't Make changes to the pc, but the router. After technician came to fix and change my home router, the "DNS server not responding" problem comes. My other gadget doesnt having the same Problem with my pc.

I've tried trouble shooting as you suggest before, but the problem not solved and it says "DNS server not responding".

Thanks.

DediQZ, Sep 1, 2019
  4. DNS server not responding.

computer is correctly configured but dns server not responding windows 10

Hi Fred,

Regarding your issue with DNS server not responding, we need to gather some information. Please answer the questions below:

• Have you tried connecting with a different device?
    • Have you tried power cycling your modem and router?
    • Try different browser?

To isolate the issue, we suggest to try the troubleshooting steps provided below to flush the DNS cache.

• Start.
    • Type "Command Prompt".
    • Click " Command Prompt".
    • Type "ipconfig /flushdns".
    • Press "Enter".
    • Restart your web browser.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

DNS server not responding.

1. DNS server not responding. - Similar Threads - DNS server responding

2. DNS server is not responding on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS server is not responding on Windows 10: Hello, I have two issues. 1, DNS server is not responding. I have issue when I try to connect to Ethernet or wifi it says No internet and got the yellow exclamation mark on it. When troubleshooting the network it says DNS server is not responding. I have tried all...
  3. DNS server is not responding.

DNS server is not responding.: DNS server is not responding. No Interne connection, Need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-is-not-responding/e1af349b-11fb-45e8-a5e7-d27062ff816c
  4. DNS server does not respond

DNS server does not respond: The DNS server does not respond. Continuous message "Not connected to the internet" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-does-not-respond/0ca84c87-da17-40ec-bcd0-568b2ff83cb0
  5. DNS server is not responding

DNS server is not responding: Whenever i try to open a page and browse the internet, it says i have no internet connection and reports that my DNS server is not responding. Ive been trouble shooting for a whole day, this is the second day it continues to be down....
  6. DNS server not responding

DNS server not responding: DNS server not responding. Continuing message 'Not connected to internet" but it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-not-responding/e5939f0f-55dd-4c90-bcd9-75e4eef69c79
  7. DNS server not responding

DNS server not responding: DNS server not responding. Continuing message 'Not connected to internet" but it is... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-not-responding/7021cd8d-320f-4f90-860a-fa52617b627c
  8. DNS server isn’t responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DNS server isn’t responding: hi , i have tried several of the “fixes” posted here and on other forums. From flushing dns cache, rebooting router, computer and it worked for a moment and then goes right back to above problem. I am semi computer literate but dont like messing with insides when not knowing...
  9. DNS Server Isn't Responding

DNS Server Isn't Responding: Ive been having trouble with my PC disconnecting from its WiFi connection and unable to reconnect. At thr moment when I run Windows Network Diagnostics it returns The DNS server isn't responding. I've tried following online instructions to go through control panel, and...
  10. DNS Server not responding problem

DNS Server not responding problem: I have been having trouble accessing email or the internet on my Ethernet connected PCs this morning (it was fine previously). If I Diagnose my LAN Ethernet adapter I get: "All connections appear to be correct, but the DNS Server is not responding". Things I have done:...