Windows 10: dns server problem will not resolve no matter what i try , please help

Discus and support dns server problem will not resolve no matter what i try , please help in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi all , out of the blue all of a sudden i keep getting the server not found come up intermittently every time i load a page on any website , this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by benferriggi, Nov 22, 2018.

1. dns server problem will not resolve no matter what i try , please help

hi all ,

out of the blue all of a sudden i keep getting the server not found come up intermittently every time i load a page on any website , this happens constantly and i have been trying solved and fixed methods others on google and youtuber videos have suggested such as changing dns server addresses on the ipv4 every different address changes nothing , i have updated drivers and also run command prompt ipconfig/all

nothing helps other than this , when the server cannot be found happens if i disconnect and then reconnect my wifi connection the page loads all well and good then it will happen again minutes later so im having to keep disconnecting and reconnecting to surf the internet which is starting to wind me up

considering my laptop is only 6 months old and this has been going on for about a month

im wondering if its a router modem problem , according to virgin media everything seems to be ok but something is wrong and common fixes are not helping .

if anybody has ideas or perhaps something i havent tried please let me know , would a new modem solve this because if i have to keep reconnecting does that mean there could be interference or something ?

id be greatful for a response

thanks

:)

benferriggi, Nov 22, 2018

2. DNS server causing problem

Hi Andrea,

DNS is a server that translates websites' addresses so that browsers can connect to them. If the addresses become outdated or the server has issues, problems and DNS errors occur. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following
    questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to your device before this issue occurred?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue regardless if you are trying to be connected to a wired or wireless connection?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest deleting the DNS cache. This can refresh the DNS files and settings on your PC. Follow these steps to delete the DNS cache:

• Using Search type Command Prompt.
    • Form the search results, right click on Command Prompt (Desktop app) and then choose Run as administrator.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type ipconfig /flushdns and then hit the Enter key.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Nov 22, 2018
  3. LeonLaude Win User
    DNS SERVER NOT RESONDING

Hi Rita French,

This issue often occurs when the DNS settings are incorrect. I suggest you to perform the following methods to troubleshoot the issue.

Method 1:

I would recommend you to change the Preferred DNS server and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run window, type
      ncpa.cpl and press Enter.
    • Right-click on the connection that you use for the local connection, and then click
      Properties.
    • Click to select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then click
      Properties.
    • In the Internet Protocol window, let's change the Preferred DNS server to
    • Click OK twice to complete the modification.

Note: If the issue persists, please repeat the steps and change the "Preferred DNS server" to 208.67.220.220.

Method 2:

If that does not help, try to flush the DNS. Follow these steps below.

• From Start screen, type Command Prompt.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
    • Type: ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

Note: The ipconfig /flushdns command provides you with a means to flush and reset the contents of the DNS client resolver cache. During DNS troubleshooting, if necessary, you can use this procedure to discard negative cache entries from the cache, as well
    as, any other dynamically added entries.

Hope any of these methods help!

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Nov 22, 2018
  4. dns server problem will not resolve no matter what i try , please help

dns client resolvers not looking for 2nd DNS server when primary DNS server is off line

hi

i have a situation on a couple of domain networks where the client computers lose internet browsing (dns resolution) when the primary listed dns server goes off line.

i made the assumption that the client pc would imediately look to the secondary named dns server listed on its NIC ipv4 settings.

i have read a few articles from over 10 years ago that explains that it is the protocol that all vendors have to follow that causes this problem and that an ipconfig /flushdns will resolve the problem and the client will then find the secondary dns server.

can you tell me if there is a better solution or configuration that will remove the need for the end user to have to call tech support to fix their problem of not being able to web browse?

can DNS servers be clustered to prevent single point of contact failure? if so is it simple to configure?

if i point my primary dns to the firewall instead of the DC(DNS server) will this still allow for a speedy domain authentication?

are there any other solutions that you know of?

many thanks

LeeTurbitt, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

dns server problem will not resolve no matter what i try , please help

1. dns server problem will not resolve no matter what i try , please help - Similar Threads - dns server problem

2. Please Help with DSIM RestoreHealth that Can't find the source files no matter what I try

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please Help with DSIM RestoreHealth that Can't find the source files no matter what I try: Sir, could you please help me. I can't update win 10 because there are corrupt files. After running DISM scanhealth and cleanup it comes back saying it CAN be fixed, but after I run RestoreHealth it only ever gets to 79.8% and then it says it can't locate the files to repair...
  3. Please Help with DSIM RestoreHealth that Can't find the source files no matter what I try

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please Help with DSIM RestoreHealth that Can't find the source files no matter what I try: Sir, could you please help me. I can't update win 10 because there are corrupt files. After running DISM scanhealth and cleanup it comes back saying it CAN be fixed, but after I run RestoreHealth it only ever gets to 79.8% and then it says it can't locate the files to repair...
  4. Please Help with DSIM RestoreHealth that Can't find the source files no matter what I try

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. please help me to resolve this problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    please help me to resolve this problem: every time i update this is popping up[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/please-help-me-to-resolve-this-problem/a7fde214-90e8-44e9-832e-0d18337e8ab9
  6. please help, I keep getting the same error no matter what solutions I try.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    please help, I keep getting the same error no matter what solutions I try.: I recently bought a used pc, so I got a new 250gb ssd (no dram). I tried to install windows 10 with an usb but it would show up an error everytime. even when I tried different usb's and the same happens when I install windows 8. the error code is 0xc0000185 I checked the...
  7. *HELP* Unable to boot from SSD no matter what I try

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    *HELP* Unable to boot from SSD no matter what I try: I have recently purchased my new desktop and I have ported over my existing SSD from my previous desktop. The boot priority in bios is as such: Boot Option #1: Windows Boot Manager (AS Velocity G4 1TB) Boot Option #2: P1: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB - This is my existing SSD...
  8. Updat is not possible. No matter what i try.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updat is not possible. No matter what i try.: I try to update Windows10 fore months now. But nothing works. Not even the windows10 on a USB and start the computer from the USB stick and repair it from there. If you ask me. I think that my computer is hacked and under control by other poeple. If my computer is in...
  9. Cannot communicate with Windows Update server no matter what I try

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot communicate with Windows Update server no matter what I try: Hi, I got my laptop reinstalled and right afterwards I made some uninstallations, e.g. all Windows Features and most of the programs, including programs from the Windows Store and Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables, etc. After that I was no longer able to check for...
  10. DNS Server not responding problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS Server not responding problem: I have been having trouble accessing email or the internet on my Ethernet connected PCs this morning (it was fine previously). If I Diagnose my LAN Ethernet adapter I get: "All connections appear to be correct, but the DNS Server is not responding". Things I have done:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. website not loading on wifi no matter dns setting