Windows 10: DNS server

Discus and support DNS server in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have internet and can get into everything except Facebook. It keeps coming up with a DNS server problem. Everyone in the building can get on, but me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KathyCahill, Feb 12, 2020.

1. DNS server

I have internet and can get into everything except Facebook. It keeps coming up with a DNS server problem. Everyone in the building can get on, but me. I have tried everything the internet said to do, to no avail.

:)

KathyCahill, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Aquinus Win User

DNS Servers

I run a DNS server locally, so when a domain is already cached, I get it back almost instantly, otherwise it responds as fast as the first server in my list (75.75.75.75 in my case.)

Aquinus, Feb 12, 2020
  3. LeonLaude Win User
    DNS SERVER NOT RESONDING

Hi Rita French,

This issue often occurs when the DNS settings are incorrect. I suggest you to perform the following methods to troubleshoot the issue.

Method 1:

I would recommend you to change the Preferred DNS server and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run window, type
      ncpa.cpl and press Enter.
    • Right-click on the connection that you use for the local connection, and then click
      Properties.
    • Click to select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then click
      Properties.
    • In the Internet Protocol window, let's change the Preferred DNS server to
    • Click OK twice to complete the modification.

Note: If the issue persists, please repeat the steps and change the "Preferred DNS server" to 208.67.220.220.

Method 2:

If that does not help, try to flush the DNS. Follow these steps below.

• From Start screen, type Command Prompt.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
    • Type: ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

Note: The ipconfig /flushdns command provides you with a means to flush and reset the contents of the DNS client resolver cache. During DNS troubleshooting, if necessary, you can use this procedure to discard negative cache entries from the cache, as well
    as, any other dynamically added entries.

Hope any of these methods help!

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Feb 12, 2020
  4. DNS server

DNS Servers

So far, it seems like I got it fixed. I disabled Advanced DNS Service and DNS Relay. I put in the two DNS server IPs I listed above into the internet configuration and rebooted it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

DNS server

1. DNS server - Similar Threads - DNS server

2. I have need to remove Old DNS Server entry from my system. Because my system hitting on old...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have need to remove Old DNS Server entry from my system. Because my system hitting on old...: Actually, this is my office private network. i have removed old DNS Server and configure new DNS Server with new IP. But as per by IT Sec. compliance report showing my systems hit on old DNS Server on udp port 53. Kindly help How can i will remove old DNS entry for clients. I...
  3. I have need to remove Old DNS Server entry from my system. Because my system hitting on old...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have need to remove Old DNS Server entry from my system. Because my system hitting on old...: Actually, this is my office private network. i have removed old DNS Server and configure new DNS Server with new IP. But as per by IT Sec. compliance report showing my systems hit on old DNS Server on udp port 53. Kindly help How can i will remove old DNS entry for clients. I...
  4. I have need to remove Old DNS Server entry from my system. Because my system hitting on old...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Svchost outgoing to external DNS servers other than my local DNS results in lagging network...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Svchost outgoing to external DNS servers other than my local DNS results in lagging network...: Svchost.exe is trying to reach external DNS servers UDP Port 53 despite local DNS configuration and this results in lagging applications and exposing DNS data to the internet.I have logged outgoing traffic from svchost local IP, windows 10 endpoint: <list of destination IP>...
  6. Svchost outgoing to external DNS servers other than my local DNS results in lagging network...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Svchost outgoing to external DNS servers other than my local DNS results in lagging network...: Svchost.exe is trying to reach external DNS servers UDP Port 53 despite local DNS configuration and this results in lagging applications and exposing DNS data to the internet.I have logged outgoing traffic from svchost local IP, windows 10 endpoint: <list of destination IP>...
  7. Svchost outgoing to external DNS servers other than my local DNS results in lagging network...

8. Which dns server to use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which dns server to use?: Is it better to use my isp dns server or a public one like Cloudflare? I’ve noticed that my isp dns servers are slightly faster according to ping tests but they fail the dnssec signature test, which Cloudflare and google dns pass all signature tests using dnssec standards....
  9. Which dns server to use?

Which dns server to use?: Is it better to use my isp dns server or a public one like Cloudflare? I’ve noticed that my isp dns servers are slightly faster according to ping tests but they fail the dnssec signature test, which Cloudflare and google dns pass all signature tests using dnssec standards....
  10. Can you create a DNS server in w10 using a terminal such as powershell, cmd...? without...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you create a DNS server in w10 using a terminal such as powershell, cmd...? without...: Hello, I am doing work on DNS servers and I would like to know, does anyone know how to install a DNS server on Windows 10 and how to do it, I have looked on many websites and forums and everyone uses Windows Server or Dual Server but these two options do not work for me. , I...