Windows 10: DNS Settings can not be modifi,revert back to obtain DNS automatically

Discus and support DNS Settings can not be modifi,revert back to obtain DNS automatically in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, When I change "Use the following DNS server addresses:" under: Network connections -> Properties -> Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by innerlite, Oct 14, 2016.

1. innerlite Win User

DNS Settings can not be modifi,revert back to obtain DNS automatically

Hello,

When I change "Use the following DNS server addresses:" under: Network connections -> Properties -> Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and try to set it to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (Google DNS), press OK and close, settings are saved but revert back to "Obtain DNS server address automatically" after less than a minute.

Many thanks in advance

:)

innerlite, Oct 14, 2016
  2. odn08 Win User

Static DNS settings suddently not saving

Problem: When setting iPv4 static DNS address and clicking ok, the address doesn't save and ends up reverting to obtain DNS automatically.

What I've tried to fix it:

Connected to mobile hotspot- same result - static DNS reverts to obtain DNS automatically once trying to view websites. Seems to be an issue on the computer

Ran Mcafee total computer scan, 290216 items scanned, no malicious items found.

Background:

Relatively new Toshiba Satellite bought May 2016 running windows 10.

Static DNS address has been working fine until now. (google DNS) (also tried open DNS and it doesn't stick either)

Perhaps the local ISP here in South Korea installed something on my computer to keep me using local DNS?

Or perhaps something in the registry for network iPv4 configuration is stuck.

odn08, Oct 14, 2016
  3. DNS Error

IP and DNS Setting

Type ncpa.cpl in Windows start > Right click on your network > Properties > Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > Hit properties > Make sure below ones are checked

Obtain an IP Address Automatically

Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically

You can also try Google DNS

Select Use the following DNS Server Addresses

Preferred DNS Server - 8.8.8.8

ALternate DNS Server - 8.8.4.4

Try Open DNS

Preferred DNS server : 208.67.222.222

Alternate DNS server : 208.67.220.220

E for Excel, Oct 14, 2016
  4. innerlite Win User

innerlite, Oct 14, 2016
Thema:

1. DNS Settings can not be modifi,revert back to obtain DNS automatically - Similar Threads - DNS Settings modifi

2. Unable to change DNS settings to automatic DHCP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change DNS settings to automatic DHCP: Cannot change DNS Server Assignment to automatic DHCP on hardware properties of network and internet settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-dns-settings-to-automatic-dhcp/ea2d77d4-cb46-497b-b150-2d31bfd74f01
  3. Unable to change DNS settings to automatic DHCP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change DNS settings to automatic DHCP: Cannot change DNS Server Assignment to automatic DHCP on hardware properties of network and internet settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-dns-settings-to-automatic-dhcp/ea2d77d4-cb46-497b-b150-2d31bfd74f01
  4. DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself: DNS settings in Laptop wifi adaptor gets changed automatically to manual DNS and assigns local DNS server IP by itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-automatically-changes-to-manual-dns-and/fc65e86e-d189-40ef-8776-c691d61a6adc
  5. DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself: DNS settings in Laptop wifi adaptor gets changed automatically to manual DNS and assigns local DNS server IP by itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-automatically-changes-to-manual-dns-and/fc65e86e-d189-40ef-8776-c691d61a6adc
  6. DNS settings?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS settings?: All of a sudden, I'm having problems with my wifi dropping. It's not the router. The all of of this stops for days and then starts again. When I run the MS diagnostics it tells me to check my DNS serttings, etc. When i use search, it is periodicaly telling me ethat...
  7. DNS Settings

DNS Settings: Hello I was looking for different ways to help speed up my slow ADSL connection. I learned that changing your DNS settings to use a different provider is something that you could actually do for free So I did a search in google for the fastest DNS servers in Australia and I...
  8. I cannot set my network to "Obtain DNS server address automatically"

I cannot set my network to "Obtain DNS server address automatically": I cannot connect to my university network because I need my adaptor set to "Obtain DNS server address automatically". Every time I change it, it keeps resetting to "Use the following server addresses" 127.0.0.2 Any advice would be much appreciated....
  9. How to keep "obtain DNS server address automatically" permanent

How to keep "obtain DNS server address automatically" permanent: Hi all, I have been having some Internet issues at my new school. A while back, a friend set my laptop to "use the following DNS server addresses" and put in the Google DNS addresses (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). Apparently, these don't work on this school's Internet. Whenever I...
  10. How to make obtaining DNS automatically and user preferred DNS work at the same time?

How to make obtaining DNS automatically and user preferred DNS work at the same time?: Hi all, I customized my preferred DNS server to 1.1.1.1 and alternate 8.8.8.8. However, when I connect to the campus WiFi of my university, the student account validation page cannot be resolved because it only exists in the intranet. I changed the DNS setting to "Obtain a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reverts to obtain dns server address automatically