Windows 10: DNS Suffix Search List

Discus and support DNS Suffix Search List in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Was poking around this AM to see if my DNS server selection could be improved or if it was ok. After Running Gibson's DNSBench.exe several times,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by meebers, Jun 4, 2019.

1. meebers Win User

DNS Suffix Search List

Was poking around this AM to see if my DNS server selection could be improved or if it was ok. After Running Gibson's DNSBench.exe several times, convinced me I was already on the "best" one (openDNS).

When I did an IPconfig /all, I am looking at something that has puzzled me for a while and that is DNS Suffix Search List is listed as T-Mobile.com1?

OpenDNS is set on my computer, as well as in the Wan DNS1/2 on the router. I am using a Tmobile/ASUS TM-AC 1900 and T-Mobile.com1 is listed as the router Domain name?

Appreciate any clarity on this...Tx

:)

meebers, Jun 4, 2019
  2. Jon.ET Win User

After updating to the Windows 10 April 2018 build (1803) the DNS Suffix Search List behavior seems to have changed

After being updated to the Windows 10 April 2018 build (1803) the DNS Suffix Search List behavior seems to have changed and is no longer a combination of my Primary DNS Suffix (my Windows domain name) followed by my Connection-specific DNS Suffix (previous
    default Windows behavior).

This appears to be related to Windows 10 April 2018 build (1803) change in honoring DHCP option 119. All previous versions of the Windows DHCP client ignored option 119 but it now appears build 1803 honors this setting.

Can anyone confirm?

Jon.ET, Jun 4, 2019
  3. how do i find out my isp?

Just go to command prompt and type Code: ipconfig /all[/quote] . Then look at "DNS Suffix Search List" or "Connection-specific DNS Suffix". *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Jun 4, 2019
  4. DNS Suffix Search List

windows10 dns resolution name problem - hostname.other not add the suffix dns

Hi ,

I have windows10 clinent and if I open a cmd and type :

ping examplehostname

the dns function correctly , paste the suffix and resolve the nome to ip address.

The problem I have when I try to ping examplehostname.pub . In this case on windows 10 not paste the suffix dns but in windows7 function correctly add the suffix. If I type ping examplehostname.pub.my.domain.xxthe
    dns resolve the name .

Please there is a anyone that can help me, please!

thanks a lot

Roberto

Roberto77r6, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

DNS Suffix Search List

1. DNS Suffix Search List - Similar Threads - DNS Suffix Search

2. DNS Suffix Search List appeared after unauthorized Microsoft Account Access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS Suffix Search List appeared after unauthorized Microsoft Account Access.: Greetings.Recently I got a notification that someone has accessed my Microsoft Account from Germany. I went to change my password and all good on that.I did a couple of generic check on my internet and did a fresh windows install. The thing which I notice showing up under...
  3. DNS Suffix Search List appeared after unauthorized Microsoft Account Access.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS Suffix Search List appeared after unauthorized Microsoft Account Access.: Greetings.Recently I got a notification that someone has accessed my Microsoft Account from Germany. I went to change my password and all good on that.I did a couple of generic check on my internet and did a fresh windows install. The thing which I notice showing up under...
  4. DNS Suffix Search List appeared after unauthorized Microsoft Account Access.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. how to remove primary dns suffix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove primary dns suffix: what is primary dns suffix how do i reset it, i recently connected my computer to my college LAN network and now my primary dns sufficx has the name of my institue even if i remove the LAN ,how can i completely eradicate that name frrom my pc...
  6. how to remove primary dns suffix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove primary dns suffix: what is primary dns suffix how do i reset it, i recently connected my computer to my college LAN network and now my primary dns sufficx has the name of my institue even if i remove the LAN ,how can i completely eradicate that name frrom my pc...
  7. Strange "Connection-specific DNS Suffix" showing ipconfig

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange "Connection-specific DNS Suffix" showing ipconfig: A short time ago, one of those 'Fake' Your-computer-has-a-Virus type pop-ups happened, and I pressed <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<Del>, ended the Microsoft Edge task and Restarted the laptop.Fast-forward a week or so, during which time everything "appears" to be working correctly on the...
  8. Strange "Connection-specific DNS Suffix" showing ipconfig

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange "Connection-specific DNS Suffix" showing ipconfig: A short time ago, one of those 'Fake' Your-computer-has-a-Virus type pop-ups happened, and I pressed <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<Del>, ended the Microsoft Edge task and Restarted the laptop.Fast-forward a week or so, during which time everything "appears" to be working correctly on the...
  9. DNS Suffix for Comcast Keeps Reappearing

DNS Suffix for Comcast Keeps Reappearing: Hi there, our VPN pushes two DNS suffixes when folks connect to the company network. I've got a few users who have an additional DNS suffix of hsd1.dc.comcast.net The issue is that additional suffix causes disconnect issues when on VPN. I've tried several things...
  10. How to enable "use this connection's DNS suffix in DNS registration"

How to enable "use this connection's DNS suffix in DNS registration": Dear, My company have lot of PC in many location, we want apply 1 setting in Windows, By default it is not enabled / not tick [img] In the Group Policy window please navigate to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Network -> DNS Client and open...