Windows 10: DNS update Required

Discus and support DNS update Required in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello When I clicked on an web address I wanted, a page appeared saying "DNS update required". I began reading a walkthrough on how to do this but,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by swampygirl, Oct 15, 2019.

1. DNS update Required

Hello
    When I clicked on an web address I wanted, a page appeared saying "DNS update required".
    I began reading a walkthrough on how to do this but, when I got to 'type in your "preferred IP" and "alternate" addresses I was stumped. Where do I find these addresses?

I'm not computer savvy at all, so everything needs to be explained in plain English for me to understand, I'm afraid.. *Redface

I'm on windows 10 and use Microsoft Edge browser.

I'd be grateful if anyone help me with this problem?

:)

swampygirl, Oct 15, 2019

2. DNS problems with router

A couple suggestions I have for you:

Update the firmware on the router. Maybe it's getting into a badstate, and a firmware update might fix it. Or if you're comfortable with it, install a custom firmware like dd-wrt. Just make sure its supported on your router first.

Change your DNS to: 8.8.8.8, 4.2.2.1. Might help.

If none of these work, maybe statically set your DNS on your PS3/PC to the IPs you listed, taking the router out of the lookup procedure.

Last option, is look for a new router.

Hybrid_theory, Oct 15, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond DNS update Required :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 15, 2019
  4. DNS update Required

dns probe finished no internet

Hi Oxide,

After some trial-and-error testing of all suggested fixes, which I found over the internet, here’re what worked for me to solve "DNS Probe Finished No Internet" issue and might work for you as well.

Method 1: Change Default DNS Address to Open DNS

Here all you have to do is change your default automatically obtained DNS server addresses to open DNS or Google DNS. To do this, follow below mentioned steps:

Step 1:
    Right click on Network icon located in Windows Task Bar Menu.

Step 2:
    Click on ‘Open Network and Sharing Center.’

DNS update Required [​IMG]

Step 3:
    Click on Local Area Connection with whom who are presently connected and click onProperties.

Step 4:
    Select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ and click on Properties.

Step 5:
    Now in newly opened windows, select the radio button that reads ‘Use the following DNS server address:’

Step 6:
    Now in the ‘Preferred DNS Server’ box type in 208.67.222.222 and in ‘Alternate DNS Server’ type in 208.67.220.220.

Step 7:
    Now check the box that says ‘Validate settings upon exit’ and then click on OK. That’s it.

DNS update Required [​IMG]

TechieNikhil, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

DNS update Required

1. DNS update Required - Similar Threads - DNS update Required

2. DNS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS: device or resource DNS server is not responding why is this happening and how do i fix this? im able to search the internet sometimes but its glitchy and goes at a snails pace at times....
  3. DNS not working after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DNS not working after 20H2 update: I have a client system that just received the feature update to 20H2. The laptop will connect to the user's local WiFi network and we get a response from ping 8.8.8.8 AND if we connect to our company using the vpn server's IP address (vs the FQDN) we can connect and use the...
  4. Update turned on IPv6? Broke DNS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update turned on IPv6? Broke DNS?: I came to my PC this morning and I couldn't connect to anything on the internet. After some checking, I discovered I could ping IP addresses, but DNS wasn't resolving. Checking my settings, I saw that IPv6 was turned on - I am not positive, but I THINK I had disabled that a...
  5. DNS

in Browsers and Email
    DNS: I was having trouble with Chrome reaching sites as it would say 'check firewall proxy etc.' I read that I could disable 'use secure DNs . Since I did disable it I now can reach sites like Netflix and others. I realize I have relinquished some security but at least I have...
  6. DNS

DNS: In WIndows 10, can I change to the DNS provider of m choice while still keeping the Automatic DHCP setting on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns/74086f8e-e90a-4b16-ab35-c6b5bbcb6f3f
  7. Dns

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dns: My computer tells me it can't find my dns . Help.i have no internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns/24304da8-11cb-4d3a-8db9-366015f645f4
  8. Dns Problem

Dns Problem: I change dns server but website still blocked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-problem/2ebeb61a-ad55-4851-bd5e-54b134d9673d
  9. PIN requirement with update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PIN requirement with update: I have had my Surface for less than a month, i do not have a keyboard, i use the one on the screen. I just had a new update and my facial recognition won’t work and is telling me i need a PIN, but i have no where to create one....
  10. Best Dynamic DNS Client Updater and Dynamic DNS service for hostnames.

Best Dynamic DNS Client Updater and Dynamic DNS service for hostnames.: Do you guys recommend a DDNS service that will update your own private domain name whenever your ip address changes? Namecheap seems good. It doesn't appear to make you use one of their domain names or charge you for using your own domain name. Registration seems to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dns update required

2. windows dns update requeried