Windows 10: Dns

Discus and support Dns in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer tells me it can't find my dns . Help.i have no internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by debrasizemore1, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Dns

My computer tells me it can't find my dns . Help.i have no internet

:)

debrasizemore1, Dec 28, 2018

2. DNS problems with router

A couple suggestions I have for you:

Update the firmware on the router. Maybe it's getting into a badstate, and a firmware update might fix it. Or if you're comfortable with it, install a custom firmware like dd-wrt. Just make sure its supported on your router first.

Change your DNS to: 8.8.8.8, 4.2.2.1. Might help.

If none of these work, maybe statically set your DNS on your PS3/PC to the IPs you listed, taking the router out of the lookup procedure.

Last option, is look for a new router.

Hybrid_theory, Dec 28, 2018
  3. dns probe finished no internet

Hi Oxide,

After some trial-and-error testing of all suggested fixes, which I found over the internet, here’re what worked for me to solve "DNS Probe Finished No Internet" issue and might work for you as well.

Method 1: Change Default DNS Address to Open DNS

Here all you have to do is change your default automatically obtained DNS server addresses to open DNS or Google DNS. To do this, follow below mentioned steps:

Step 1:
    Right click on Network icon located in Windows Task Bar Menu.

Step 2:
    Click on ‘Open Network and Sharing Center.’

Dns [​IMG]

Step 3:
    Click on Local Area Connection with whom who are presently connected and click onProperties.

Step 4:
    Select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ and click on Properties.

Step 5:
    Now in newly opened windows, select the radio button that reads ‘Use the following DNS server address:’

Step 6:
    Now in the ‘Preferred DNS Server’ box type in 208.67.222.222 and in ‘Alternate DNS Server’ type in 208.67.220.220.

Step 7:
    Now check the box that says ‘Validate settings upon exit’ and then click on OK. That’s it.

Dns [​IMG]

TechieNikhil, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Dns

Dns

i use Googles @ 8.8.8.8 for primary
    2ndary is Googles @ 8.8.4.4 and
    3rdary is my ISPs

i ran a DNS benchmark and according to it... googles was the fastest out of a large list.

slyfox2151, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Dns

1. Dns - Similar Threads - Dns

2. "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is...: Hi! Okay, first time I made this post I formatted it terribly. This time I'm going to do a bit better. The Problem: When attempting to connect ethernet to the PC it will say, "Network: No Internet". Upon opening my trusty troubleshooter it will tell me that an issue is...
  3. "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is...: Hi! Okay, first time I made this post I formatted it terribly. This time I'm going to do a bit better. The Problem: When attempting to connect ethernet to the PC it will say, "Network: No Internet". Upon opening my trusty troubleshooter it will tell me that an issue is...
  4. "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. DNS Server not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS Server not responding: For some reason I've lost the use of the Internet. I ran diagnostics and get the message "DNS Server not responding". My Network shows to be connected in settings. What can I do to resolve this problem?ThanksKen Miller977...
  6. DNS Server not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS Server not responding: For some reason I've lost the use of the Internet. I ran diagnostics and get the message "DNS Server not responding". My Network shows to be connected in settings. What can I do to resolve this problem?ThanksKen Miller977...
  7. DNS Server not responding

8. How do I ensure that Windows 10 machines use DHCP assigned DNS server

How do I ensure that Windows 10 machines use DHCP assigned DNS server: So I had a machine acting as a server that was reachable from the internet using port forwarding, and it was reachable locally using the same address. I achieved it by setting up a DNS proxy which substituted the local IP when required. The proxy DNS server was set using DHCP...
  9. After I flushed my DNS some apps didn't work.

After I flushed my DNS some apps didn't work.: I recently flushed my DNS apps like Voicemod, EA Launcher, and Discord failed to all load. It said that there was an error and couldn't connect. I am not sure what to do anymore, please help. But google works. I don't know why this happens because I flushed my DNS without any...
  10. How can the DNS be configured by the RM-1072 with the exact same setting digits as the Gateway?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can the DNS be configured by the RM-1072 with the exact same setting digits as the Gateway?: I have a RM-1072 Microsoft 640 LTE mobile phone that when I input the correct password it then configures the IP address correctly DHCP the Mask correctly, but sets the Gateway and the DNS as exactly the same xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx? The gateways is actually correct, but there is no...