Windows 10: DNS

Discus and support DNS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; device or resource DNS server is not responding why is this happening and how do i fix this? im able to search the internet sometimes but its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by j2xu.j2xu, Mar 4, 2021.

1. j2xu.j2xu Win User

DNS

device or resource DNS server is not responding

why is this happening and how do i fix this?

im able to search the internet sometimes but its glitchy and goes at a snails pace at times.

:)

j2xu.j2xu, Mar 4, 2021

2. DNS problems with router

A couple suggestions I have for you:

Update the firmware on the router. Maybe it's getting into a badstate, and a firmware update might fix it. Or if you're comfortable with it, install a custom firmware like dd-wrt. Just make sure its supported on your router first.

Change your DNS to: 8.8.8.8, 4.2.2.1. Might help.

If none of these work, maybe statically set your DNS on your PS3/PC to the IPs you listed, taking the router out of the lookup procedure.

Last option, is look for a new router.

Hybrid_theory, Mar 4, 2021
  3. dns probe finished no internet

Hi Oxide,

After some trial-and-error testing of all suggested fixes, which I found over the internet, here’re what worked for me to solve "DNS Probe Finished No Internet" issue and might work for you as well.

Method 1: Change Default DNS Address to Open DNS

Here all you have to do is change your default automatically obtained DNS server addresses to open DNS or Google DNS. To do this, follow below mentioned steps:

Step 1:
    Right click on Network icon located in Windows Task Bar Menu.

Step 2:
    Click on ‘Open Network and Sharing Center.’

DNS [​IMG]

Step 3:
    Click on Local Area Connection with whom who are presently connected and click onProperties.

Step 4:
    Select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ and click on Properties.

Step 5:
    Now in newly opened windows, select the radio button that reads ‘Use the following DNS server address:’

Step 6:
    Now in the ‘Preferred DNS Server’ box type in 208.67.222.222 and in ‘Alternate DNS Server’ type in 208.67.220.220.

Step 7:
    Now check the box that says ‘Validate settings upon exit’ and then click on OK. That’s it.

DNS [​IMG]

TechieNikhil, Mar 4, 2021
  4. DNS

DNS server causing problem

Hi Andrea,

DNS is a server that translates websites' addresses so that browsers can connect to them. If the addresses become outdated or the server has issues, problems and DNS errors occur. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following
    questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to your device before this issue occurred?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue regardless if you are trying to be connected to a wired or wireless connection?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest deleting the DNS cache. This can refresh the DNS files and settings on your PC. Follow these steps to delete the DNS cache:

• Using Search type Command Prompt.
    • Form the search results, right click on Command Prompt (Desktop app) and then choose Run as administrator.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type ipconfig /flushdns and then hit the Enter key.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

DNS

1. DNS - Similar Threads - DNS

2. How can the DNS be configured by the RM-1072 with the exact same setting digits as the Gateway?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can the DNS be configured by the RM-1072 with the exact same setting digits as the Gateway?: I have a RM-1072 Microsoft 640 LTE mobile phone that when I input the correct password it then configures the IP address correctly DHCP the Mask correctly, but sets the Gateway and the DNS as exactly the same xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx? The gateways is actually correct, but there is no...
  3. How can the DNS be configured by the RM-1072 with the exact same setting digits as the Gateway?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can the DNS be configured by the RM-1072 with the exact same setting digits as the Gateway?: I have a RM-1072 Microsoft 640 LTE mobile phone that when I input the correct password it then configures the IP address correctly DHCP the Mask correctly, but sets the Gateway and the DNS as exactly the same xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx? The gateways is actually correct, but there is no...
  4. I have need to remove Old DNS Server entry from my system. Because my system hitting on old...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have need to remove Old DNS Server entry from my system. Because my system hitting on old...: Actually, this is my office private network. i have removed old DNS Server and configure new DNS Server with new IP. But as per by IT Sec. compliance report showing my systems hit on old DNS Server on udp port 53. Kindly help How can i will remove old DNS entry for clients. I...
  5. I have need to remove Old DNS Server entry from my system. Because my system hitting on old...

I have need to remove Old DNS Server entry from my system. Because my system hitting on old...: Actually, this is my office private network. i have removed old DNS Server and configure new DNS Server with new IP. But as per by IT Sec. compliance report showing my systems hit on old DNS Server on udp port 53. Kindly help How can i will remove old DNS entry for clients. I...
  6. I have need to remove Old DNS Server entry from my system. Because my system hitting on old...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Sysmon DNS Query Support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sysmon DNS Query Support: I have been trying to generate Sysmon Event ID 22 DNS Query logs using the below xml format <Sysmon schemaversion="4.90"> <EventFiltering> <DnsQuery onmatch="exclude" /> </EventFiltering> </Sysmon> But type: 1 is not displayed for logs when I try to generate Type A DNS...
  8. Sysmon DNS Query Support

Sysmon DNS Query Support: I have been trying to generate Sysmon Event ID 22 DNS Query logs using the below xml format <Sysmon schemaversion="4.90"> <EventFiltering> <DnsQuery onmatch="exclude" /> </EventFiltering> </Sysmon> But type: 1 is not displayed for logs when I try to generate Type A DNS...
  9. Ethernet reports unidentified network when using automatically assigned IP address/ DNS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet reports unidentified network when using automatically assigned IP address/ DNS: If I manually assign DNS and IP, the network is identified but there is still no access. I tried renewing configuration but the command is stuck.Like so:I also tried uninstalling network adapter but there is no option to do so:...
  10. Ethernet reports unidentified network when using automatically assigned IP address/ DNS

Ethernet reports unidentified network when using automatically assigned IP address/ DNS: If I manually assign DNS and IP, the network is identified but there is still no access. I tried renewing configuration but the command is stuck.Like so:I also tried uninstalling network adapter but there is no option to do so:...