Windows 10: dns_probe_finished_bad_config

Discus and support dns_probe_finished_bad_config in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm getting "dns_probe_finished_bad_config" almost every other day now affecting three home PC's. Each time I have to reset my router to temporarily... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chaotika Minosake, May 6, 2020.

1. dns_probe_finished_bad_config

I'm getting "dns_probe_finished_bad_config" almost every other day now affecting three home PC's. Each time I have to reset my router to temporarily solve the problem. What could be causing this and what can I do to solve the issue?

:)

Chaotika Minosake, May 6, 2020

2. Error: "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG" while trying to connect 4G router on Windows 10

Original title: 4G Router not connecting

Dear Members ,

I am facing issue while connecting surface pro 3 to airtel 4g hotspot router .The problem shown is one of protocol missing and in detail it says registry file missing which is as below :-

This site can’t be reached

accounts.google.com’s server DNS address could not be found.

Try:

• Reloading the page
    • Checking the proxy, firewall, and DNS configuration

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG

Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing.

Network Diagnostics Log

File Name:
    L: C762F9DF-FEB4-42E5-A73E-156D8D3A3545.Diagnose.0.etl

Other Networking Configuration and Logs

File Name:
    L: NetworkConfiguration.cab

Kindly help me

Chetan Kumar H Jain, May 6, 2020
  3. Wi-Fi no longer working, out of ideas on how to proceed

Lenovo Y480 Ideapad (late 2012)

Issue: Attempting to connect to Wi-Fi, status is "No Internet, secured"

Wi-Fi works fine for iPhone and MacBook

Device Manager-->USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller (Intel WiUSB) "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)"

The driver was from 2012 and according to Windows there were no updates. Intel Driver Update did not bring up an update either. I removed it completely with the intention of attempting to reinstall it but there does not appear to be any way of doing that. Where do I proceed from here?

RESOLUTION: The issue has been resolved thanks to a user on another forum. I had to install this driver, restart, and then I was able to connect to WiFi again. My internet still wasn't working ("dns_probe_finished_bad_config" error message on every website) but was able to get that resolved quickly with this.

Golden Kiwi, May 6, 2020
  4. dns_probe_finished_bad_config

Ravi sharma_786, May 6, 2020
Thema:

dns_probe_finished_bad_config

1. dns_probe_finished_bad_config - Similar Threads - dns_probe_finished_bad_config

2. dns_probe_finished_bad_config Frequently, But No Network Disconnection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dns_probe_finished_bad_config Frequently, But No Network Disconnection: My Lenovo C940 laptop has an Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz network adapter. Windows 10 Home 1909. Using either up-to-date Chrome or the latest version of Microsoft Edge. Frequently, when I navigate to most new sites (I won't list every site, but they're highly varied -- not...
  3. Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG error in Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG error in Chrome: [ATTACH] Anything which has DNS issue with its error code points to a network issue. If you see This webpage is not available, DNS PROBE FINISHED BAD CONFIG error in Google Chrome browser; it means that your computer is not able to [...] This post Fix...