Windows 10: Do all ISP's throttle speeds/WiFI Blast?

Discus and support Do all ISP's throttle speeds/WiFI Blast? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had read that all internet service providers throttle your internet speed after the first couple of months in order to get you to upgrade to their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EyeInTheSky, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Do all ISP's throttle speeds/WiFI Blast?

I had read that all internet service providers throttle your internet speed after the first couple of months in order to get you to upgrade to their next tier of service.

What they supposedly do, especially if you are on satellite, such as Hughesnet, is split your speed between two channels since your router and modem are interconnected and can electronically alter your speeds of connection times.

Supposedly, WiFi Blast, can combine the split channels to increase your connection times for online browsing and speed up your internet.

I'm skeptical of the WiFi Blast product because all it seems to do from the reports that I read, is boost your WiFi range, not increase your connection times by combining the two channels.

I was curious if anyone has tried the WiFi Blast product and experienced increased connection speeds.

So far, the product support page for WiFi Blast claims that they have sold over two million units and counting. That doesn't seem like a lot compared to the U.S. population count of users online by way of any internet service providers.

I'm just looking for real feedback from anyone using the WiFi Blast product to confirm the authenticity of their claims that the product actually combines the two channels for faster internet connection speeds.

I don't care about the "in home WiFi range boost" which I know it can do, I care about whether or not it can boost internet connection speeds that it claims it can do by combining two channels.

Since the cat is supposedly "out of the bag" so to speak because of this product, I heard a rumor that throttling internet speeds is going to be a thing of the past because ISP's were busted doing this shady tactic.

Gimmick or not?

:)

EyeInTheSky, Jan 4, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

WIFI speed vs pc speed

Hi Troy, your speed is being throttled by the WiFi card in that system . . .

Dell DW Wireless 1506 is actually an Atheros AR5B125 WiFi card is rated at 120MB+ the reality however, is approx 54MB

DaveM121, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Slow Internet Over Wifi. Only Internet Speed Weirdly Slowed.

Hi, Microsoft.

Wireless Environment Details

Previously, I am using Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 in my Dell laptop with overall environment details as below,

• Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 Wifi adapter, using 5Ghz band at 433Mbps.
    • Using Asus RT-AC68U, performing 600Mbps (2.4GHz) + 1300Mbps (5GHz).
    • Subscribing fiber optic 300Mbps ISP speed.
    Problem Statements

I am facing internet speed throttled over Wifi but not wired LAN connection. The speed throttled below than 100Mbps during downloading. The Wifi weirdly throttled the internet speed only but not local network file transfer over wireless.

Test Methods and Problem Analysis.

• The laptop and router range within 2 meters away.
    • No multiple devices connected to the router during the test.
    • DNS set in router is Google's DNS, 8.8.8.8
    • My laptop using default Windows 10 Firewall and set network to "Private".
    • No VPN were used nor installed.
    • All hardwares installed with latest drivers from Dell website.
    • All networking speed monitored using Resource Monitor.
    • Download files from internet into laptop over LAN cable. Full speed at 300Mbps.
    • Download files from internet into laptop over Wifi. Speed slowed down less than 100Mbps.
    • I have a desktop PC too, using Windows 10 and LAN cable connection to router.
    • Transferring files from desktop PC to Asus router and finally wireless to my laptop.
      FULL SPEED around 400Mbps.
    • This is so odd. Wireless file transfer over local network can be full speed but internet over wireless slowed. Obviously not Wifi adapter problem.
    • I decided to further test the router hardware.
    • Download files from internet into desktop PC over LAN cable. Full speed at 300Mbps.
    • Download files from internet over smartphone and tablet (both Android and iOS) wireless.
      FULL SPEED at 300Mbps. Obviously not router problem too.
    • So I narrowed down the problem only can be Windows 10. Can you help me identify the problems?

Kent Ong Kean Seng, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Dadof 5 Win User

Do all ISP's throttle speeds/WiFI Blast?

Upload Speed

Hi Xavier

I am a fellow community member here to help you.

The first thing I would do is check with my ISP. I know at one time I had a similar issue and it turned out my ISP had my upload speed throttled to 1Mbps or less. Do you know what the upload speed your ISP promises is?

Dadof 5, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Do all ISP's throttle speeds/WiFI Blast?

1. Do all ISP's throttle speeds/WiFI Blast? - Similar Threads - ISP's throttle speeds

2. Win11 & HyperV wifi vswitch throttling speed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 & HyperV wifi vswitch throttling speed.: Something is wrong with the Hyper-V bridge adapter for Wi-Fi.Had a virtual switch created to bridge the net adapter for Wi-Fi, speed was capped at 100Mb down 0.3Mb up. Lan speed to the Wi-Fi router right next to the computer is 600Mb down 200 up. Disabling and deleting the...
  3. Win11 & HyperV wifi vswitch throttling speed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 & HyperV wifi vswitch throttling speed.: Something is wrong with the Hyper-V bridge adapter for Wi-Fi.Had a virtual switch created to bridge the net adapter for Wi-Fi, speed was capped at 100Mb down 0.3Mb up. Lan speed to the Wi-Fi router right next to the computer is 600Mb down 200 up. Disabling and deleting the...
  4. Windows is throttling internet speed

Windows is throttling internet speed: Hello, I am trying to troubleshoot why my Windows 10 PC is not able to achieve appropriate internet speeds.OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 19045.3208ISP: AT&T 5 Gbps fiber symmetricalNetwork Adapter: ASUS XG-C100C 10 GbE wired connectionSpeed test results: 600-1100 Mbps down, 250-500...
  5. Windows is throttling internet speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows is throttling internet speed: Hello, I am trying to troubleshoot why my Windows 10 PC is not able to achieve appropriate internet speeds.OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 19045.3208ISP: AT&T 5 Gbps fiber symmetricalNetwork Adapter: ASUS XG-C100C 10 GbE wired connectionSpeed test results: 600-1100 Mbps down, 250-500...
  6. Internet Speed Throttled to 13.5Mb

Internet Speed Throttled to 13.5Mb: I've worked in IT for years, end user support to now a cloud infrastructure consultant. This is the first ever time I've used Microsoft Ask a Question, because this is the first ever time I've seen an issue like this and i'm prepared to log the hell of this to help others in...
  7. WIFI Upload speed slow throttled down

WIFI Upload speed slow throttled down: WIFI upload speed is so slow on windows 10, 0.4 MB, compared to 3 MB when running on the same device from linux. The issue happens on 2 different devices, which rules out a device issue, and is running perfect from linux, which rules out a network or device issue. Speed is...
  8. Wifi Speed Throttled/Reduced/Capped

Wifi Speed Throttled/Reduced/Capped: Recently I noticed my 3-month old laptop is experiencing poor wifi speed. I have done all I know to debug, but nothing worked. Here is the symptom: 1. The wifi speed dropped from 50+Mbs to 8.5Mbs at home. All other devices at home are getting at least 25Mbs. 2. When...
  9. Download Speed Being Throttled

Download Speed Being Throttled: Hi Everyone, Totally stumped on this. My internet is being severely throttled by windows 10 or a driver and I've tried everything on Google so far. I should be getting over 500mpbs but its being capped to < 20mpbs wired and <6mpbs over 5G wifi. I have fixed it once a couple...
  10. monitoring ISP speed & dropping

monitoring ISP speed & dropping: Basically, I want to monitor my line for dropping & speed - my ISP promises my package at download of around 76 Mbps & up at about 10- 12 Mbps - I am lucky to get 50 down on a good day (& up is highly variable)! I also know it drops, especially at peak times (meaning Netflix...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi blast

2. WiFiBlast

3. is wifi throttle real

4. wi fi blast,
  5. do ISP split speeds between channels,
  6. do wifi users get reports from their isp,
  7. internet providers electronically slow the internet,
  8. wiifi blast,
  9. will wifiblast increase download speed,
  10. wifi blasst,
  11. does a wifiblast really help the wifi speeds,