Windows 10: Do all my files and apps get transferred over?

Discus and support Do all my files and apps get transferred over? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi , I recently brought a new PC because my old one was slow and I thought it had a virus. So, I just logged in with the same account and I saw my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SamJX, Jun 24, 2021.

1. SamJX Win User

Do all my files and apps get transferred over?

Hi , I recently brought a new PC because my old one was slow and I thought it had a virus. So, I just logged in with the same account and I saw my background and settings have been transferred over , has all of my non-Microsoft store apps and files been transferred over too? and even if they havent , is a way a virus could get in?

:)

SamJX, Jun 24, 2021
  2. Steevo Win User

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Jun 24, 2021
  3. shuggans Win User
    Network File Transfer vb.net

Hello all. I'm developing an application that automatically sends files from a machine running the client app to a server running the server app. The files in question are very large files, (500mb - 2GB in size) and I was wondering what is the best way to transfer them qucikly and efficiently over the network. Should I utilize FTP transfer, or should I develop a TCP transfer client/server?

If TCP, can anybody give me a basic run down of the networkstream class used with the tcplistener? Thanks guys.

shuggans, Jun 24, 2021
  4. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Do all my files and apps get transferred over? - Similar Threads - files apps transferred

2. Will my digital license transfer over?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will my digital license transfer over?: Have a new PC build and I am taking my SSD that has my windows 10. It says its a Digital License linked to my account. Now when it comes to booting up my new PC that has my old SSD with my windows 10 license. Will it transfer over?...
  3. Will my digital license transfer over?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will my digital license transfer over?: Have a new PC build and I am taking my SSD that has my windows 10. It says its a Digital License linked to my account. Now when it comes to booting up my new PC that has my old SSD with my windows 10 license. Will it transfer over?...
  4. i need to transfer all my products over to steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need to transfer all my products over to steam: So in days past you would buy a pc game or software and it was a physical disc and you could use that game anywhere on the pc you used the product key on. now most games are digital only and they limit where on your pc you can use that product key which is pretty scummy....
  5. i need to transfer all my products over to steam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need to transfer all my products over to steam: So in days past you would buy a pc game or software and it was a physical disc and you could use that game anywhere on the pc you used the product key on. now most games are digital only and they limit where on your pc you can use that product key which is pretty scummy....
  6. Transferring Files over Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring Files over Bluetooth: The option to Send/Receive files over Bluetooth is in a somewhat obscure place -as in, there is not place "front and centre" where the option can be selected. Is there any way one can add a desktop shortcut to get to the send/receive option? Regard, Tim...
  7. App file transfer

App file transfer: Hello i would like to transfer one of my files to an app to do things if i could get the information on how to do that i would be every happy so please can you give me the information? Thanks....
  8. Files keep transferring over different computers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files keep transferring over different computers: I recently got a new laptop and I set it up and everything. After I got done setting it up, I had a lot of desktop icons from my old pc. So I deleted my icons and they also dissapeared from my older pc. When I add them back to old pc they pop up on my laptop. How do I disable...
  9. how do you transfer all files

how do you transfer all files: how do you transfer all my files. I am having a very hard time setting up this dell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-transfer-all-files/157c24f4-9113-444e-968a-e73d305f5707"
  10. Why do ALL my files get shared?

Why do ALL my files get shared?: I enabled network discovery and enabled file and printer sharing on my computer, and when I view that computer over a network from another, I can see EVERYTHING on that computer. I did NOT manually enable sharing for each of the hundreds of files on my computer, but I can...