Windows 10: Do AMD processors encounter more problems than intels?

Discus and support Do AMD processors encounter more problems than intels? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I know they are getting better each time in fact they are almost as powerful. They are a better pick for gaming but are they as reliable an compatible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cachocoto, Aug 30, 2019.

1. cachocoto Win User

Do AMD processors encounter more problems than intels?

I know they are getting better each time in fact they are almost as powerful. They are a better pick for gaming but are they as reliable an compatible with everything Intel Processors are?? I have never had a computer with amd and I need Reassurance if they work with all the programs and peripherals Intel does.

:)

cachocoto, Aug 30, 2019

2. Replace AMD Processor With Intel Processor.

I am using an laptop with AMD processor. but i wanted to change the processor only not the laptop. i wanted to add intel Core i7 processor in the place of AMD. But i have heard that AMD cannot be replaced by intel or other processors since the slots are
    seen to be different. OR is there any other processor which is equivalent to INTEL i7.

***Edited Original Title From: CAN A AMD A4 PROCESSOR BE REPLACED BY INTEL PROCESSORS***

lenovafrex238, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Replace AMD Processor With Intel Processor.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The AMD A4 is an AMD CPU and Intel i7 is an Intel CPU, so they neither use the same socket nor the same chipset. They are both physically and electronically incompatible. So, you may not be able to replace the AMD processor with an Intel processor.

The close to equivalent processor for Intel i7 would be AMD A10 APU because it has a way more powerful integrated graphics chip, better multi-threading support, and the mobile processor provides 4 cores where as Intel mobile processor only has 2 cores.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Do AMD processors encounter more problems than intels?

PROCESSOR INTEL OR AMD OR SNAPDRAGON REQUIREMENTS FOR INSTALLING WINDOWS 10 1903 19H1

We know that , Microsoft has decided to release the final new edition of Windows 10 1903 codenamed 19H1 in the month of the year 2019.

Before installing windows 10 1903 , we should know the processor requirements .

According to docs.microsoft.com website ,microosft authors are published the list of supported processors from intel , amd and snapdragon

From intel

Up through the following 9th Generation Intel Processors.

Intel Core i3 Processors

Intel Core i5 Processors

Intel Core i7 Processors

Intel Core i9-9xxxK Processors

Intel Xeon E-21xx[1] Processors

Intel Atom J4xxx/J5xxx Processors

Intel Atom N4xxx/N5xxx Processors

Celeron Processors

Pentium Processors

NOTE: [1] Intel Xeon processors are supported on Windows 10 Pro for Workstations and Windows 10 Enterprise only

From amdUp through the following AMD Processors

AMD 7th Generation Processors (A-Series Ax-9xxx & E-Series Ex-9xxx & FX-9xxx)

AMD Athlon 2xx Processors

AMD Ryzen 3/5/7 2xxx, AMD Opteron[2] Processors

AMD EPYC 7xxx[2] Processors

NOTE:: [2] AMD Opteron and AMD EPYC processors are supported on Windows 10 Pro for Workstations and Windows 10 Enterprise only

From qualcomm

Qualcomm Snapdragon 850

Source taken from Windows Processor Requirements

Thanks for reading my post , If you like then , give UPVOTES to me

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Do AMD processors encounter more problems than intels?

1. Do AMD processors encounter more problems than intels? - Similar Threads - AMD processors encounter

2. how compatible are AMD processors?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how compatible are AMD processors?: I had an old PC die the other day, and I'm trying to decide whether I should even replace it. I was looking around at prices and noticed the AMD stuff is much cheaper, and also that they're coming out with new stuff in July. So I'm wondering are there compatibility issues?...
  3. how compatible are AMD processors?

in Windows 10 Support
    how compatible are AMD processors?: I had an old PC die the other day, and I'm trying to decide whether I should even replace it. I was looking around at prices and noticed the AMD stuff is much cheaper, and also that they're coming out with new stuff in July. So I'm wondering are there compatibility issues?...
  4. PROCESSOR INTEL OR AMD OR SNAPDRAGON REQUIREMENTS FOR INSTALLING WINDOWS 10 1903 19H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PROCESSOR INTEL OR AMD OR SNAPDRAGON REQUIREMENTS FOR INSTALLING WINDOWS 10 1903 19H1: We know that , Microsoft has decided to release the final new edition of Windows 10 1903 codenamed 19H1 in the month of the year 2019. Before installing windows 10 1903 , we should know the processor requirements . According to docs.microsoft.com website...
  5. MS Windows support for AMD Processors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Windows support for AMD Processors: Hello everyone, I availed the ""Free upgrade to Windows 10" offer in Nov 2015 & IS STILL RUNNING FINE till date on my PC (Outdated PC Specs as on 07/2018). After searching & reading enough posts herein, I finally purchased a new PC Build & kept aside my 12yr old PC. My...
  6. intel to amd.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    intel to amd.: I am about to upgrade to an amd cpu. the problem is I have to reinstall windows to avoid potential driver issues. this is the same computer, so my windows home license for win10 should carry over, but if I just boot up the computer with fresh install im guessing its gonna ask...
  7. Need driver for AMD E450 processor

Need driver for AMD E450 processor: I will be extremely grateful if anyone can help me. I have an HP Compaq system that has had a bad case of indigestion, and has fallen over. Windows 10 64-bit has been deleted – the hard disk is wiped - and I need to reinstall Windows. Obviously I’d like a file / disk from...
  8. Windows encountered a problem.....

Windows encountered a problem.....: My integrated web cam has stoped working and displays a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager. When I try and update the driver i get a "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device" "USB video device" "Access is denied". The device does...
  9. Intel/Amd switchable graphics problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel/Amd switchable graphics problem: hey, i need some help. I bought a HP 15-bs021nm a moth ago, and it has intel hd 520 and Radeon 520 graphics. I want to play games with it, but the problem is it uses intel hd instad of the radeon graphics. How do i set radeon to be the default graphics adapter? specs in...
  10. Intel should be very worried about AMD's Ryzen 7 processors

in Windows 10 News
    Intel should be very worried about AMD's Ryzen 7 processors: For almost a decade AMD has yielded ground to Intel when it comes to processors, but the new Ryzen 7 chips change all that. For almost a decade AMD has yielded ground to Intel when it comes to processors, but the new Ryzen 7 chips change all that. Must read: Has AMD...