Windows 10: Do any of you remember?

Discus and support Do any of you remember? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Remember back in Win 7 when you could add a picture in to the back round of file explorer? I can't remember the name of the tool but I used it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DayWalker, Mar 17, 2016.

1. DayWalker Win User

Do any of you remember?

Remember back in Win 7 when you could add a picture in to the back round of file explorer? I can't remember the name of the tool but I used it and loved it. Instead of just a white background with files and folders you now had a picture
    Well is there anything/software out there to do the in win 10?
    BRIAN

:)

DayWalker, Mar 17, 2016

2. A poll of Windows OS users

It's faster starting & shutting, it's the bit in between I'm really interested in. I've never sat & watched my computer boot up or close down, let alone timed it. It's starting up - I'm making a coffee, it's shutting down - I'm on my way somewhere else.
    I don't mean to be rude, but what is actually better in computing terms. Do you have full access / control of your computer & all it's functions. Does Administrator privilage still give you the right to decide what you download, install, remove ? Who is the
    " trusted installer ", why are gamers complaining about screen size. Some people thinking ( wrongly ) that their programmes have been wiped, as they no longer appear on an unfamiliar start menu. Or like me don't want their PC looking like their phone, we don't
    use " apps " we use programmes. We've no need of touchscreen or tiles, or an Xbox app. But we get them because Windows wants all users locked in, like APPle. Even Apple had the sense to know laptop users don't want everything that's on a phone & vice versa.
    Windows 10 for tablet & phone I can understand, but not one size to fit all computers.

Any you want, Mar 17, 2016
  3. A poll of Windows OS users

Hells bells, " 33 years in the industry ", why didn't you just admit little if any knowledge about setting up a computer. I would have asked & given any help I could. Firstly stop trying to use shareware, if you do or don't have a proper WS installation,
    it could download junk. If you've got this black on black, only thing I can think of is personalize option. If you choose high contrast then set mouse pointer to the black option. But these are easily fixed, if you want help rather than an argument, fine we
    can talk. In the meantime, I'm away home to bed.

Any you want, Mar 17, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Do any of you remember?

Qttabbar (Quizo) (freeware) lets you set colours for many areas of explorer
    E.g.

Do any of you remember? [​IMG]

dalchina, Mar 18, 2016
  5. Stephanie Win User
    Is there a link please , cant seem to find it ?

Stephanie, Mar 18, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    Berton, Mar 18, 2016
  7. Stephanie Win User
    Stephanie, Mar 18, 2016
  8. DayWalker Win User

Do any of you remember?

Thank guys but I already use QTTABBAR. I don't think you guys know what I'm asking. I want to be able to add pictures to the back grounds of file explorer not colors. There was a program for "win 7" that allowed you to do that.

DayWalker, Mar 18, 2016
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Mar 18, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Mar 18, 2016
  11. cato Win User
    Check the menus in Qtabbar and you will find where you can do it. I've been using a pic of my dog in explorer for the last couple of months. I would show you a screen grab but I just deleted Qtabbar this morning in favor of Windowblinds 10. *Sad

12. dalchina New Member
    Happy to believe you've done it, but I certainly can't see how.. but hey, I've no plans to..*chuckle

Hope you can post sometime about your experience with W.Blinds.

dalchina, Mar 18, 2016
  13. DayWalker Win User

Do any of you remember?

Please show me how as I have been looking at everything inside of Qttabbar and don't see this option

DayWalker, Mar 19, 2016
  14. cato Win User
    I used WindowBlinds for years with Windows 7 with no problems. Just downloaded the new Windows 10 version yesterday and so far it's doing okay. It's not quite up to par with the 7 version yet but maybe will be soon. (?) Colors can be added changed in File Explorer but at this point I haven't found out how to add textures or gradients to it. I'm still exploring. Here's a screenshot of the skin I'm running now. No problems in sfc /scannow so far, either.

15. cato Win User
    Here is a screenshot of a picture in File Explorer. I would have to look at the program again to remember how I did it, but it's somewhere in the menu of Qttabbar, otherwise I wouldn't have known how to do it. I don't want to install it again just to find out just in case it may interfere with WindowBlinds.

Thema:

Do any of you remember?

1. Do any of you remember? - Similar Threads - remember

2. PIN not available, can't remember Microsoft password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN not available, can't remember Microsoft password: So I want to report a problem I have which I was surprised to see it's kind of usual. I turned on my laptop and suddenly I get a message that something happened and my pin is not available. I can't do anything on the main screen besides pressing the new pin option which...
  3. PIN not available, can't remember Microsoft password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN not available, can't remember Microsoft password: So I want to report a problem I have which I was surprised to see it's kind of usual. I turned on my laptop and suddenly I get a message that something happened and my pin is not available. I can't do anything on the main screen besides pressing the new pin option which...
  4. PIN not available, can't remember Microsoft password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...: My seagate drive is not showing up under devices and drives in the "this pc" menu, so I can't access it, but it is showing up in device manager and disk managment.I'm fairly sure it is corrupted as it shows up unnamed in disk manager and there is no "NFTS".screenshot failed...
  6. Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...

Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...: My seagate drive is not showing up under devices and drives in the "this pc" menu, so I can't access it, but it is showing up in device manager and disk managment.I'm fairly sure it is corrupted as it shows up unnamed in disk manager and there is no "NFTS".screenshot failed...
  7. Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial...: I have woke up and gone to log into my surface laptop and it automatically has a message saying I have entered my pin wrong too many times so I cannot use facial recognition. I haven't even touched the laptop since I used it last night so that's weird. Anyway I have entered...
  9. I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial...: I have woke up and gone to log into my surface laptop and it automatically has a message saying I have entered my pin wrong too many times so I cannot use facial recognition. I haven't even touched the laptop since I used it last night so that's weird. Anyway I have entered...
  10. I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial...