Windows 10: Do anyone managed to disable telemetry on 20H2 oct Update?

Discus and support Do anyone managed to disable telemetry on 20H2 oct Update? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; seems Microsoft won't let you stop telemetry services which is packaging and sending Your information (device IP - which websites you visit - your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hamadax97, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Do anyone managed to disable telemetry on 20H2 oct Update?

seems Microsoft won't let you stop telemetry services which is packaging and sending Your information (device IP - which websites you visit - your interests) maybe somethings more? IDK.

how can I disable it? I mean completely. because I used to disable it from Group policy and it worked on recent versions on windows but now when I do it.. upon the restart it back working again!. please help.

submitted by /u/hamadax97
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hamadax97, Oct 31, 2020

2. Disabling Windows Compatibility Telemetry - Windows 10

Hello,

Windows telemetry inform our decisions and focus our efforts in providing the most robust, most valuable platform for your business and the people who count on Windows to enable them to be as productive as possible. Telemetry gives users a voice in
    the operating system’s development. For more information regarding Windows telemetry, you may check this
    article.

If you don't want to participate in providing automatic feedback to improve the operating system, we can disable Windows Telemetry by following these steps:

• Run the Services desktop application.
    • Locate Diagnostics Tracking Service in the services list, and open its
      Property Sheet.
    • Stop the Diagnostics Tracking Service, and then change the Startup Type to
      Disabled.
    • Click OK.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Antoneth Ber, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Disabling Windows Compatibility Telemetry - Windows 10

All your reply does, is show Microsoft's disconnect from reality. For one, there's no longer a Diagnostics Tracking Service. That's no coincidence, btw, as MS purposely keeps changing the compat telemetry stuff around (so people have a harder
    time disabling it). And/or keep re-enabling the compat telemetry in nearly every update. Read the thread. So, processblocker is the ONLY thing, so far, that truly, and persistently, blocks your compat telemetry now.

'Telemetry gives users a voice in the operating system’s development.' And, pray-tell, what is this?! Am I supposed to feel empowered now?! If you guys would REALLY listen to us, you wouldn't be constantly going out of your way to shove the compat telemetry
    in our faces to begin with.

But since this is the probably the closest we get to having your ear, please hear this: compatTelRunner is an incredibly invasive piece of software, which constantly keeps your disk(s) bogged down. For instance, I have some junctions on my SSD to my game
    disk. And no, I really don't want the combat telemetry malware to scan my entire game disk at every change made to my install. I really don't. And I really don't get why you people don't get that.

If you really want us to 'be as productive as possible', then stop trashing our hard disks!

meimeiriver2, Oct 31, 2020
  4. torre Win User

Do anyone managed to disable telemetry on 20H2 oct Update?

Win10 Telemetry

Good article from ZDNet.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...on-off-switch/

torre, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Do anyone managed to disable telemetry on 20H2 oct Update?

1. Do anyone managed to disable telemetry on 20H2 oct Update? - Similar Threads - anyone managed disable

2. Disabling Telemetry no longer actually disables telemetry, even in Enterprise. Instead...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling Telemetry no longer actually disables telemetry, even in Enterprise. Instead...: Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/uQFu654.png Both the Group Policy setting (and its corresponding Registry Editor setting) are applied to the old "Disable Telemetry" option. (Setting the GPO also sets the Registry setting.) But look here, at least in Build 21H1, Option 0...
  3. Cannot Disable Win10 Telemetry Svc: Device Management Wireless Appli.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot Disable Win10 Telemetry Svc: Device Management Wireless Appli.: Running Win10 20H2. I use WPD to secure my system from MS telemetry. I have recently noticed that after disabling thru WPD the Device Management Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) Push message Routing Service, on the next reboot, or sometimes during the session, that service...
  4. Disabling Telemetry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Telemetry: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro license and feel strongly that as a paying customer rather than someone that was "gifted" a copy of the Home edition when I bought my laptop, I should have a degree of control over the operating system. I've disabled telemetry every time W10 is...
  5. Recent guide to disabling telemetry/spying/auto-updates?

Recent guide to disabling telemetry/spying/auto-updates?: Hey all. I've been using Windows 7 still largely to avoid the online features of Windows 10. Recently I've hit a roadblock where I need W10 on a machine for driver compatibility but I still need this machine to operate in a stable unattended configuration without getting...
  6. Is there an updated guide for how to disable telemetry and remove bloat

Is there an updated guide for how to disable telemetry and remove bloat: The eol for win 7 finally made me get win 10 earlier this week. There was a lot of hullabaloo about privacy and the like when win 10 was new and my cursory searches turn up a lot of guides about messing with registry in various ways to improve upon the OS. Most of them are...
  7. How to disable Updates, Telemetry and more?

How to disable Updates, Telemetry and more?: Hi, im tired of windows downloading stuff in the background every 10 mins. How do i disable Updates and any kind of information windows can download in the background? I have a 200kb/s connection and very limited, already set to metered connection but windows doesn't seem...
  8. Registry setting to disable telemetry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Registry setting to disable telemetry: Is there a registry setting that would disable telemetry to Microsoft - - without creating "Some settings are managed by your organization" problem? 59236
  9. Windows 10 Pro Telemetry - Disable

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Pro Telemetry - Disable: I have gone through seemingly endless forums and posts about getting Microsoft out of my data and it seems that nothing is a true solution - by the time the computer starts up again, it is back to factory "steal my data" settings. I consult on a wide range of projects, and...
  10. Microsoft will allow users to disable telemetry

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft will allow users to disable telemetry: As per Gordon Kelly,Microsoft has decided to allow users to completely disable telemetry in a future update (later this year) as I see it,this is pretty big news! will Microsoft stick to their word? time will tell... http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke.../#16deb9603974 40546