Windows 10: Do brand new out of the box HP Windows 10 computers come with allow remote access boxes...

Discus and support Do brand new out of the box HP Windows 10 computers come with allow remote access boxes... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I discovered within a few hours of taking it out of the box and setting it up in my new HP Windows 10 laptop that the allow remote access box had a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FIVEVICTOR, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Do brand new out of the box HP Windows 10 computers come with allow remote access boxes...

I discovered within a few hours of taking it out of the box and setting it up in my new HP Windows 10 laptop that the allow remote access box had a check mark in it, which I immediately unchecked. This happened after I disabled McAfee Security 30 day trial which fully enabled Windows Security. Thanks

:)

FIVEVICTOR, Jan 22, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jan 22, 2020
  3. JohnHeinz Win User
    Windows 10 Search box

Which instructions are you suggesting I missed? There is no search icon. Right clicking the taskbar shows no search option. The "small characters" or icons trick did nothing. The regedit thing:
    Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open regedit
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Inside the search key, create the new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1
    • Restart your computer or simply Explorer Shell
    Did not give me a search option that I can find.

So in at least MY version of windows 10 there is no search box I can find that will allow me to search my own computer to find possible misplaced files.

So what are the instructions?

JohnHeinz, Jan 22, 2020
  4. KLBogue Win User

Do brand new out of the box HP Windows 10 computers come with allow remote access boxes...

How to access or enable Search box in Windows 10 computer?

I followed all of the steps you have suggested and the "My Stuff" and "Web" buttons will not return. I'm resigned to their being gone. You have titled this question "How to access or enable Search box in Windows 10 computer?"

That's really not my question. The search box is there, it just doesn't say "My Stuff" anymore. I can't believe it's that hard to understand the problem and solve it.

KLBogue, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Do brand new out of the box HP Windows 10 computers come with allow remote access boxes...

1. Do brand new out of the box HP Windows 10 computers come with allow remote access boxes... - Similar Threads - brand box computers

2. Brand new fresh out of box micro sd card unable to format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Brand new fresh out of box micro sd card unable to format: I just bought a brand new sandisk 64 gb micro sd card and was looking to format it. However, I am unable to do so, as I keep on getting access denied error messages. The adapter is not on read only mode, and I have tried other troubleshooting steps like using diskpart and...
  3. New in box HP Compaq Presario.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New in box HP Compaq Presario.: I found in the box HP Compaq Presario SR1000.Not worth 5 dollars but it smells brand new. I want to run it but the HD is ruined. I have one old enough to connect. Will not boot into windows. I think it is running,. or looking for 32 to boot to,. I have 64. Specks say it is 64...
  4. Brand new fresh out of the box computer now on hour 2 of waiting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brand new fresh out of the box computer now on hour 2 of waiting: Everything is connected. Yes, its plugged in. We turned it on, saw the HP logo, but now it's just a black screen with our mouse icon on it. We can move the mouse, but nothing else. Its brand new, just bought it from the store and got it in the mail today. The website claims...
  5. New Out of the box win10 Computer will not do a first time login.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New Out of the box win10 Computer will not do a first time login.: I'm setting up a new win10 pro computer for its first time, and the system is asking me for email and password. I attempted to use a business email that i used on another Asus computer, in that email will not work on this other computer. The first time I started to input...
  6. Windows Remote Assistance Box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Remote Assistance Box: Does anyone know how to increase the size of the Windows Remote Assistance box? I would like to be able to see more of the history? Thanks, 127672
  7. Windows Remote Assistance Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Remote Assistance Box: Does anyone know how to increase the size of the Windows Remote Assistance box? I would like to be able to see more of the history? Thanks, 127672
  8. Black Boxes on Windows 10 Desktop Brand-new system

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Boxes on Windows 10 Desktop Brand-new system: Hello, I have a brand-new system running Windows 10 from factory and from the minute it booted to the desktop I have had a bizarre bug. On the desktop I have black boxes. There are a few strange things about these boxes as well. For one, they show up perfectly in a...
  9. Surface PRO 4. Brand new out of the box. BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface PRO 4. Brand new out of the box. BSOD.: Attachment 77085 I will update this thread soon. I just don't want it to crash before submitting post. Brand new Surface PRO 4. I am using the surface dock as well. I opened it during the April 19-20 firmware updates for the Surfaces. Then it started updating and it threw...
  10. Brand new out of the box computer. HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Brand new out of the box computer. HDMI port not working: Just unboxed my computer from CyberpowerPC, GTX 720 graphics card, installed/updated all drivers with drivereasy (paid for just now) and I am still having the issue with HDMI port not working. I have tried to plug into a monitor and a TV, neither are working, I have also...