Windows 10: Do changing the Hertz affect my 60 hertz laptop?

Discus and support Do changing the Hertz affect my 60 hertz laptop? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a 60 hertz laptop, and i play games that depending on the hertz, they get a HUGE advantage when changing the hertz. Is this good for my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jay Don1, May 15, 2024.

1. Jay Don1 Win User

Do changing the Hertz affect my 60 hertz laptop?

I have a 60 hertz laptop, and i play games that depending on the hertz, they get a HUGE advantage when changing the hertz. Is this good for my laptop or will it end up breaking my laptop?

:)

Jay Don1, May 15, 2024

2. Increasing Screen hertz automatically reduces resolution

Already done that but doesnt help.

Look what I Tried to do is as following:

my current settings:

Screenshot

What I tried to change it to:

Screenshot

after I apply, it appears to the windows that it is on 1600x900 @85 hertz, but obviously the resolution is lower, so I check the monitor information, it says 1440x900 @85 hertz

if I change the resolution to any other resolution, and then increase the hertz (anything above 60), it always changes the resolution to 1440x900.

Abd Al rahmanAbo El Nour, May 15, 2024
  3. Increasing Screen hertz automatically reduces resolution

ok, well this is a bit weird problem I am facing.

I used to use windows 8.1, and in windows 8.1 I used to increase my screen hertz to 85 on resolution 1600x900 with no problem.

but now in windows 10, the resolution automatically decreases to 1440x900 85hertz from 1600x900 60 hertz, I tried it on any other resolution, and hertz. Just if I change the hertz from the default of 60 under any resolution, it forces the resolution of 1440x900,
    it happened only in windows 10 and never happened in windows 8 or 8.1 :/

If someone can tell me how to fix this would be appreciated.

Abd Al rahmanAbo El Nour, May 15, 2024
  4. NiekHM Win User

mouse hertz

hi, i was wondering if it is possible to change the hertz on a mousepad and if so, how?

NiekHM, May 15, 2024
Thema:

1. Do changing the Hertz affect my 60 hertz laptop? - Similar Threads - changing Hertz affect

2. Do changing the Hertz affect my 60 hertz laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do changing the Hertz affect my 60 hertz laptop?: I have a 60 hertz laptop, and i play games that depending on the hertz, they get a HUGE advantage when changing the hertz. Is this good for my laptop or will it end up breaking my laptop?...
  3. Why does half of my screen turn black when I open my laptop or change the hertz?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does half of my screen turn black when I open my laptop or change the hertz?: Hello,Newly when I close or turn off my laptop and reopen it, half of my screen turn black and slowly reverts back. I noticed a yellow tone on the area that wasn't black. This also happens when I change the hertz of the laptop too. I have tried factory resetting the laptop...
  4. Nvidia Laptop Screen Hertz Changing when being Plugged.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nvidia Laptop Screen Hertz Changing when being Plugged.: My laptop screen has 2 hertz options, 60 and 144, my problem is that whenever it goes onto 144 Hertz the screen begins messing up and is unusable, the laptop is being replaced in a couple months but I still need to use it. The hertz changes whenever it is plugged in. there is...
  5. Hertz randomly dropping from 120Hz to 60Hz

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Hertz randomly dropping from 120Hz to 60Hz: Hello, I have had a problem for about a year now with my laptop. My hertz randomly drop from 120Hz to 60Hz, However, the Hertz remains at 120Hz in the Nvidia Control Panel. What I do to fix it is just changing the resolution to a lower one than switch back to 1920x1080, and...
  6. mouse hertz

mouse hertz: hi, i was wondering if it is possible to change the hertz on a mousepad and if so, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-hertz/9b592b1e-7ba5-46e5-9d60-36259d040fdb
  7. Changing the hertz number on Windows 10 Lappi?

Changing the hertz number on Windows 10 Lappi?: Hal, can I change the refresh rate in Windows 10 somehow, even if the drop down menu in the settings only shows 60 Hz? I want something better. Hertzzahl ändern am Windows 10 Läppi?
  8. When I change my Resolution to 1440x1080 my hertz resets to 60

When I change my Resolution to 1440x1080 my hertz resets to 60: When I change my resolution to 1440x1080 (nomally 1920x1080 144hz) my hertz resets to 60hz and then if I try to change back to 144hz my resolution goes to 640x280 or something so im forced to play 1920x1080 144hz instead of what I want which is 1440x1080 144hz...
  9. When I change my Resolution it resets my hertz

When I change my Resolution it resets my hertz: Greetings from Australia. I'm having a problem where when I change my resolution to stretched (1440x1920) it resets my hertz back to 60. But when on native (1920x1080) it's 144hz. I'm on windows 10 with a 144hz monitor....
  10. Windows DWM and multi hertz issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows DWM and multi hertz issue: Has this seriously not been fixed yet? https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/7h9bnu/psafor_people_with_dual_monitors_with_different/ "It's because of windows desktop manager. It always runs in vsync. On windows 7 you could disable the visual themes and with it...