Windows 10: Do Chrome browser need to keep open for cloud print

Discus and support Do Chrome browser need to keep open for cloud print in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I give print command from my Android Mobile to my Printer attached with my Win 10 PC through google cloud print, the print comes only when I open... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sam9, Oct 6, 2019.

1. sam9 Win User

Do Chrome browser need to keep open for cloud print

When I give print command from my Android Mobile to my Printer attached with my Win 10 PC through google cloud print, the print comes only when I open Chrome browser on PC. My concern is that, Do I need to always keep open Chrome on my PC, if I need print from My Android Mobile via google cloud print or any other settings will do.

:)

sam9, Oct 6, 2019

2. Google Plans a Web-browser, To be called Google Chrome

I have my FF customized exactly how i want it. iGoogle is my homepage i see some news headlines, my to-do list, weather and calender as soon as i open the browser. If Chrome has the same sort of customization then i may give it a go.

WhiteLotus, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Installing Flash opens Chrome instead of default browser

I use IE, Edge and Firefox, with IE as default browser. Edge/IE of course get Flash through Windows Update but periodically I have to install Flash for Firefox. I can confirm that the expected behaviour of the Flash installer is, on completion, to open your default browser at a page saying...
    This is just an advert, not a necessary step in the install, but it is labelled as 'Step 3 of 3'. Steps 1 and 2 were seen in Firefox, the browser I started the install from, as the first two steps in installing/updating Flash. The install requires the browser to be restarted to be complete, so it opens the 'Step 3' page itself in the default browser. It has always amused me that it opens IE and not the Firefox I was installing it for.

I don't have Chrome, so can't test the behaviour described, but I have never seen anything other than my default browser open. I've just tested reinstalling Flash in Firefox, only IE opened on completion.

Bree, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Do Chrome browser need to keep open for cloud print - Similar Threads - Chrome browser need

2. Do Chrome browser need to keep open for cloud print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do Chrome browser need to keep open for cloud print: When I give print command from my Android Mobile to my Printer attached with my Win 10 PC through google cloud print, the print comes only when I open Chrome browser on PC. My concern is that, Do I need to always keep open Chrome on my PC, if I need print from My Android...
  3. unable to open google chrome browser in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to open google chrome browser in windows 10: unable to open google chrome browser in windows 10, therefore cannot uninstall google chrome browser, keeps saying programs are running in background. unable to find any thing open. this just happened today....
  4. "Kmode exception not handled" when opening Chrome browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Kmode exception not handled" when opening Chrome browser: Today I had Firefox and Chrome open and Firefox would freeze. I would kill the process and after a while it froze again. After I killed the Chrome process Firefox seemed to run fine. A few hours later I get a BSOD saying kmode exception not handled. I googled around and it...
  5. edge browser/open action center do not open

edge browser/open action center do not open: I downloaded New CorelDraw X3 Graphic.CDR from the internet yesterday. On installing the software, my edge browser/open action center and such peculiar features of windows 10 do not open at a click. what can I do to restore to normal functions?...
  6. I cloud error 0000605. Keeps saying needs repairing.

I cloud error 0000605. Keeps saying needs repairing.: [IMG] Keep getting this message despite restarting / reinstalling a bunch of times. I even had problems installing in the first place. Can you help??...
  7. Chrome Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome Browser: When i click on the icon, it does not open! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-browser/143497a3-4579-42e0-bbaa-ac0d65d977cf
  8. Cloud Print

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cloud Print: Hi, I do not to install my printer on my local PC/ Lappy. instead I want to print directly from my MD office or word directly to my printer using a cloud (like Google) Q2. I need to install my printer in MS cloud / One Drive Please guide me step by Step...
  9. Installing Flash opens Chrome instead of default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Installing Flash opens Chrome instead of default browser: On now 3 of my 4 computers, when I install/update Flash Player, Chrome opens up instead of or in addition to my default browser. (I have Edge set as my default.) Does anyone have an explanation for this behavior? Shouldn't the install process only open the default browser...
  10. Chrome browser

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome browser: I have a shortcut to open my Chrome browser on my taskbar. Every time I open Chrome I get this pop-up message: [img] I then have to click "yes" for Chrome to open. My Chrome browser is up to date. This has only happened recently. Any idea what causes this annoyance?...