Windows 10: Do "Compress this drive to save disk space" affect in-game frame rate?

Discus and support Do "Compress this drive to save disk space" affect in-game frame rate? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Do "Compress this drive to save disk space" (RightClick on a drive -> Properties) affect in-game frame rate? submitted by /u/iTz0nlyDoge [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iTz0nlyDoge, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Do "Compress this drive to save disk space" affect in-game frame rate?

Do "Compress this drive to save disk space" (RightClick on a drive -> Properties) affect in-game frame rate?

submitted by /u/iTz0nlyDoge
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iTz0nlyDoge, Nov 9, 2020

2. Files in C: drive automatically compressing?

As you may already know, if this feature is on, every new folder/file you add starts off automatically compressed. If you would like to turn it off for the whole drive, kindly follow these steps:

• Start File Explorer . In the left pane, right-click on the drive that you would not want to be compressed.
    • Click Properties.
    • Make sure that the Compress this drive to save disk space box is unchecked.
    • Click OK then Apply.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Darian Tab, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Do "Compress this drive to save disk space" affect in-game frame rate?

Compressing the disk drive

I upgraded my 16 GB Windows tablet to Windows 10. Can I use the "Compress this disk to save disk space option" to get some more space? I like to install lots of apps and games but since the option to install it on SD Cards is not yet here I was wondering
    if it was a viable option. Will it have any problems now or in the future?

ShaileshHembrom, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Do "Compress this drive to save disk space" affect in-game frame rate?

1. Do "Compress this drive to save disk space" affect in-game frame rate? - Similar Threads - Compress drive save

2. frame rate drop in every game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    frame rate drop in every game: I ran stress test for basically everything of my pc and they are working as they should be in streets test. However, frame rate drop occurs in every game. CPU:I7-7700GPU:GTX 1070Ram: 16GB 2400 MHzI upgraded driver and still. Any idea will be nice. Thank you....
  3. frame rate drop in every game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    frame rate drop in every game: I ran stress test for basically everything of my pc and they are working as they should be in streets test. However, frame rate drop occurs in every game. CPU:I7-7700GPU:GTX 1070Ram: 16GB 2400 MHzI upgraded driver and still. Any idea will be nice. Thank you....
  4. frame rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    frame rate: I kindly ask you a question about frame rate of streaming movies with the os win11. As you know ex. on Prime video or Netflix or Disney+, some movies are played at 24hz, 23hz and some others at 50hz. Every time I have to select manually the correct frame rate in the setting....
  5. frame rate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    frame rate: I kindly ask you a question about frame rate of streaming movies with the os win11. As you know ex. on Prime video or Netflix or Disney+, some movies are played at 24hz, 23hz and some others at 50hz. Every time I have to select manually the correct frame rate in the setting....
  6. Low frame rate when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low frame rate when gaming: Yesterday I played Valorant, War Thunder without having an fps drop, but then at 11PM I got orange screen not bluescreen . The windows forced restart and repaired my C: disk. well my laptop is okay but when i opened games, any games, the frame drops to 10. Oh yeah, almost...
  7. Frame rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frame rate: How do i make my frame rate faster when playing games or doing work? mostly its games what can I do to make it better? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frame-rate/1cb0d1e6-7340-4850-9ddf-a518d510098f
  8. compress content to save disk space suddenly set as default.

in Windows 10 Support
    compress content to save disk space suddenly set as default.: Hey! After a recent Windows 10 update to my PC, close to everything on my computer have two blue arrows icons on it, which is "compress content to save disk space" as far as I found out. I didn't even know this was a thing, but now it has been set as default on my computer! I...
  9. Frame rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frame rate: I have a strange problem. problems I have playing Battlefield 4 sometimes the computer will buzz and then blue screen and sometimes it will buzz and I just lose sound, also playing Star Wars Battlefront frame rates will drop to 12 I can double-click the Windows button on the...
  10. Properties: Compress to save Disk Space

in Windows 10 Support
    Properties: Compress to save Disk Space: If I enable Compress to Save Disk Space from a file's properties, what is the trade-off? How significant is the HDD/CPU uncompression process (assuming that's how windows does it) 85759