Windows 10: do I allow control folder access to " \Device\HarddiskVolume28 " ?

Discus and support do I allow control folder access to " \Device\HarddiskVolume28 " ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; from the truncated name above that shows as blocked in cfa I don't know what program this comes from. I do not know whether to allow this through... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gyrotrumpet1, Jun 24, 2020.

1. do I allow control folder access to " \Device\HarddiskVolume28 " ?

from the truncated name above that shows as blocked in cfa I don't know what program this comes from.

I do not know whether to allow this through cfa. can some body please help?

:)

gyrotrumpet1, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Matt316 Win User

Controlled Folder Access

Hi.

I've been using Controlled Folder Access recently but I'm having a problem getting one application to change/create files. I use doPDF8 to create PDF files, but when CFA is active, it won't save my work. The notice explaining that something has tried accessing the folder only comes up once. (I assume that if you don't do anything about it, the program trying to access the file is put on the 'black list'.) Turning CFA off and then on again causes the notice to appear once more. However, the notice seems to suggest that it is C:\Windows\splwow64.exe that is trying to access/create the file, but when I put this into the 'allow app control' list, it still doesn't work. The only way I can find to get the PDF file created is to turn off CFA, create the file and then turn it back on again.

Any ideas?

Matt

(Windows 10 ver 1709)

Matt316, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jun 24, 2020
  4. do I allow control folder access to " \Device\HarddiskVolume28 " ?

How to remove drive from list of allowed apps in "controlled folder access"

I recently enabled controlled folder access in the Windows Security app. I was running an executable from a USB (assigned drive letter 'I:') that required access to one of my protected folders, so I allowed it via

Windows Security>Virus & threat protection>Manage ransomware protection>Allow an app through controlled folder access>Add an allowed app

After removing the USB drive the program I allowed is no longer in the list of allowed apps under "allow an app through controlled folder access". However, now "Drive (Ido I allow control folder access to " \Device\HarddiskVolume28 " ? :)" is listed as an allowed app.

It appears that I cannot remove the drive from the list of allowed apps. How can I remove it?

Christopher54, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

do I allow control folder access to " \Device\HarddiskVolume28 " ?

1. do I allow control folder access to " \Device\HarddiskVolume28 " ? - Similar Threads - allow control folder

2. Windows 11 Controlled Folder Access blocking allowed Apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 11 Controlled Folder Access blocking allowed Apps: Hi, since the recent update to Windows 11 Controlled Folder Access is constantly blocking allowed software I need on pc. Mainly its Adobe Software particularly Illustrator and WD Acronis True Image. I need these for work and its getting frustrating and the software is slower...
  3. controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    controlled folder access: When trying to open Controlled Folder Access, a window opened that said the IT administrator had restricted access to this page. The computer is my personal PC and I have no IT Administrator. How do I retrieve access to this page?...
  4. Allowing Apps. through Controlled folder access

Allowing Apps. through Controlled folder access: I have a list of 14 ".exe" files under the subject heading; there seems to be no way of deleting them or allowing them; the "+ Add an allowed app button" just results in opening up what appear to be I have a list of 16 ".exe" files under Allowing Apps. through Controlled...
  5. How do I "switch controlled folder access" to on?

How do I "switch controlled folder access" to on?: how do I "switch controlled folder access" to on? windows has blocked a known ok internet download program. I am 72 so be gentle. * Original title: windows 10...
  6. Controlled Access blocked WmiPrvSE.exe Do I allow it?

Controlled Access blocked WmiPrvSE.exe Do I allow it?: My controlled access just blocked WmiPrvSE.exe. Should I allow it in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controlled-access-blocked-wmiprvseexe-do-i-allow/476cbadd-c2d3-4f10-8669-8c923e08ac40"
  7. Controlled Folder Access keeps blocking allowed app

Controlled Folder Access keeps blocking allowed app: I have gone through the repeated tedium of adding, one at a time, .exe files to the list of programs allowed through Win10's Controlled Folder Access. This typically works fine. I usually have to restart the app in question, and occasionally seem to have to reboot, but...
  8. Allow an app through Controled folder access

Allow an app through Controled folder access: Hello I am not sure what this image attached to this question is asking I.e I have no idea what app is being referr[ATTACH]ed to! I am not even sure what the 'Control folder' refers to! I was going to look it up like usual before posting but I have many things open...
  9. Allow an app through Controlled folder access help please

Allow an app through Controlled folder access help please: Hello, Just deleted a couple of embroidery programs and yet they are showing up in controlled folder access, how to rid of these?...
  10. Controlled folder access

Controlled folder access: For the last week the controlled folder access is blocking my Quicken program from updating or downloading anything. When I click on the notice it takes me to the allow app but when I open that to choose to allow app nothing is there! I really need to use my Quicken. How do...