Windows 10: Do I delete all the partitions? More in comments

Discus and support Do I delete all the partitions? More in comments in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jasongit [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jasongit, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Do I delete all the partitions? More in comments

/u/jasongit, Dec 31, 2020
  2. VBX
    vbx Win User

Help, I deleted a partition, and can't seem to "extend" the other partition

Ok, here's how it happened.

I had 2 partition. XP and Win7 x86.

I shrank the Win7 x86 partition and created a new partition (Win7 X64)

I then deleted Win7 x86 partition.

----------

edit: what warup suggested did the trick. It took 20+ minutes for that software to do it, but hey it worked.. Thanks

3. Melvis Win User
    How to recover files off a HDD from a deleted partition? help!!!

Thanks for your reply. I used my m8s program and it worked like a dream, recovered all the files and also deleted ones from yrs back, was amazed how well it did. Next step is i will use that Partition Table Doctor to recover the deleted partition. Thanks for the link *Toast :toast:

Melvis, Dec 31, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

Do I delete all the partitions? More in comments

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Do I delete all the partitions? More in comments

1. Do I delete all the partitions? More in comments - Similar Threads - delete partitions More

2. What is this? more info in comment...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this? more info in comment...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/homo_erectus_heh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/yzjg5e/what_is_this_more_info_in_comment/
  3. How do I fix this Win32Bridge Start Up Error? (More in comments)

How do I fix this Win32Bridge Start Up Error? (More in comments): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tutorgrrl [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mvk80v/how_do_i_fix_this_win32bridge_start_up_error_more/
  4. How do I delete an unallocated partition?

How do I delete an unallocated partition?: I partitioned my drive in Windows 10. It's currently unallocated and when I try to format it I get an error. The error says there is not enough space. I read that if I already have four primary partitions I can't create another one. I already had four before I created this...
  5. i deleted the partition that had all my data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i deleted the partition that had all my data: I had windows 7 and I was trying to install windows 10 so I formatted the C to download windows 10 on it but by mistake I deleted not format the D drive which had all my files and I was left with 800g all the hard disk unlocated and I could not install windows 10 now I left...
  6. i deleted the partition that had all my data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i deleted the partition that had all my data: I had windows 7 and I was trying to install windows 10 so I formatted the C to download windows 10 on it but by mistake I deleted not format the D drive which had all my files and I was left with 800g all the hard disk unlocated and I could not install windows 10 now I left...
  7. What are these two things and can I delete them? (See comments for more details)

What are these two things and can I delete them? (See comments for more details): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DMxHorror [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0ikrj/what_are_these_two_things_and_can_i_delete_them/
  8. Boot partition Corrupted tried everything help more info in comments

Boot partition Corrupted tried everything help more info in comments: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/birdyhands [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/edit2f/boot_partition_corrupted_tried_everything_help/
  9. Comment more than question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Comment more than question: I like many others am tired of receiving the innocuous message that I am not the true Administrator of my PC and this privilege and or function is being denied Google this phrase "cmd prompt administrator windows 10" all your problems will be over, follow instruction...
  10. How do I delete recovery partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I delete recovery partition: How do I delete recovery partition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-do-i-delete-recovery-partition/2d5149e9-f57b-4d4d-8dab-ce804f20a3d4