Windows 10: Do I delete explorer.exe

Discus and support Do I delete explorer.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My internet provider webroot stated that my PC has explorer.exe and it is a leak. How do I delete explorer.exe? Is this a virus?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Revelation1211, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Do I delete explorer.exe

My internet provider webroot stated that my PC has explorer.exe and it is a leak. How do I delete explorer.exe? Is this a virus?

:)

Revelation1211, Jul 14, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

How can I remove this virus remnant?

I was also going to suggest Autoruns.

Check to make sure it isn't attaching itself to explorer. It should be the 3rd thing listed in Autoruns, the listing for the Shell. It should just be Explorer.exe. If it is anything else, that might be your problem.

newtekie1, Jul 14, 2020
  3. I deleted explorer.exe and tried to run it again and I can't run explorer.exe

You did not "delete" explorer.exe. You killed the currently running instance of explorer.exe, then tried to relaunch it under elevated privileges. This is a bad idea because it deprives you of the protection provided by UAC (User Access Control). The purpose
    of UAC is to prevent rogue programs from doing bad things behind your back.

When you reboot your machine then explorer.exe will run again as usual. If you then have a problem then you should report it here. Someone will suggest a solution that does not involve disabling your machine's defences.

Frederik Long, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Do I delete explorer.exe

Explorer.exe Crashes everytimes I acces a certain folder.

Let's restart your Explorer.exe and see if it address the issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the task bar, and select Task Manager.
    • Click the Details tab, select explorer.exe, then click
      End task.
    • On the same Task Manager window, click File >
      Run a new task
      , then type in explorer.exe.
    • Explorer.exe should now be restarted.

Let us how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Do I delete explorer.exe

1. Do I delete explorer.exe - Similar Threads - delete explorer exe

2. how to delete exe files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to delete exe files?: after deleting .exe files they back with access denied other files are able to delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-exe-files/f065a8a6-9b77-4cf7-96af-875e321ef822
  3. how to delete exe files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete exe files?: after deleting .exe files they back with access denied other files are able to delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-exe-files/f065a8a6-9b77-4cf7-96af-875e321ef822
  4. how to delete exe files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  6. How do I restore the automatically deleted .exe files by my Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I restore the automatically deleted .exe files by my Windows?: Even Microsoft teams is deleted WTH. I don't have to wait until my Steam is deleted, so please help me stop this. How about removing this annoying feature in the next update? It would make our lives easier....
  7. How do you delete logtransport2.exe?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do you delete logtransport2.exe?: I continue to get the message that there is a logtransport2.exe error. I understand that it is Adobe related. I ran the troubleshooting compatibility and it noted that it was an incompatible file. I tried to delete them. Please advise. Thank you. Sheri...
  8. Exe's require a reboot to delete?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Exe's require a reboot to delete?: Every since a recent update this/last week I'm having issues with deleting exe's. This is what happens. I delete the executable and it'll disappear from Windows Explorer. I close the window and re-open it and the file is back. However, not really. If I try to delete this...
  9. .exe file deletion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .exe file deletion: Hello I've been having troubles with .exe files I try to permantley delete the folder and it'll remove everything except the .exe file if I delete the .exe file with a shift+del it'll dissapear then repair once I refresh the folder it's in. If I use the normal delete method...
  10. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...