Windows 10: do I find my itunes music files on my windows 10 computer

Discus and support do I find my itunes music files on my windows 10 computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I find my itunes music files on my windows 10 computer. I just upgraded to a new computer and had itunes on my old laptop. I loaded the itunes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RobertMelancon, Jan 17, 2020.

1. do I find my itunes music files on my windows 10 computer

How do I find my itunes music files on my windows 10 computer. I just upgraded to a new computer and had itunes on my old laptop. I loaded the itunes app for 64bit on the new computer but not all the music has been loaded into itunes. I had all this information loaded onto an external drive along with itunes which I mapped to that external hard drive and I am still missing files. can anyone help?

:)

RobertMelancon, Jan 17, 2020
  2. CanAm Win User

Using Windows 10 File Explorer To Back Up iTunes With A Flash Drive

Hi all,

I bought a 128 GB flash drive to back up my entire iTunes playlist using the Windows 10 File Explorer, and I want to confirm the steps I plan to take.....

Go to File Explorer and select Music / iTunes / iTunes Music. Plug in the flash drive. Drag the iTunes Music file to the flash drive.

Correct?

CanAm, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Rohit_R Win User
    Transfer music files from computer to iTunes

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To transfer the music files from the computer to the iTunes, follow the steps:

1. Open iTunes and click on ‘File’ tab.

2. Select ‘Add File to Library’ from the drop down menu.

3. Navigate to the folder (Music folder) on the One Drive.

4. Select the music folder and click on ‘Open’.

The Music files will get added on the iTunes library.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Jan 17, 2020
  4. do I find my itunes music files on my windows 10 computer

Windows 10 and iTunes

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

What is the complete message that you get when you locate the music files?

Try the below methods and check if this helps.

Method 1:
    Back up and restore your iTunes Library.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in

Back up and restore your iTunes Library
    restart the computer once after making the changes, and check if this helps.

Method 2:
    Properly Set up iTunes' Directory Structure.

Step 1: Ensure the iTunes library is properly located by going to the
    Advanced section of the iTunes preferences and selecting the
    Importing tab.

Step 2: Select
    Change and locate your iTunes Music folder in the resulting window.

Step 3: If the iTunes Music folder should be in the default location in the user's Music directory, clicking the
    Reset button should correct any path errors for the library.

Method 3:
    Rebuild The iTunes Library.

Step 1: Select all of the songs in iTunes and press the delete key.

Step 2: Choose the option to keep all the song files themselves and when the iTunes window is empty, open iTunes Music directory and select all items
    in that directory.

Step 3: Drag them to the iTunes window and confirm the import.

Step 4:
    Restart the computer once after the import and check for the issue.

Method 4:
    Move All The Music On Your Operating System Drive.

If the above methods didn't work, then try moving all the music files onto your Operating System Drive and then add them to iTunes.

For reference, you may also refer to
    Import media from a computer to iTunes on PC
    and

If you don't see your entire library after you update iTunes on your Mac or PC
    and see if this helps.

If you are still facing the issue, then I would suggest you to contact

Apple Support
    , where you will be able to get the support for the issue that you are facing.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

do I find my itunes music files on my windows 10 computer

1. do I find my itunes music files on my windows 10 computer - Similar Threads - find itunes music

2. Personal music in iTunes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal music in iTunes: I have iTunes on my Windows 10 desktop. I have imported some CDs into iTunes on it. How do I get that music to show up in iTunes on my new laptop Windows 11? The laptop doesn't have a CD drive, so I can't import them directly to the PC....
  3. A question. If I have iTunes and Zune software both on my computer are my music files...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A question. If I have iTunes and Zune software both on my computer are my music files...: I no longer have a functional Zune (r.i.p man I loved that thing) device. I love the slickness of the Zune software and the aesthetics and the ease. I love how whatever you put in your music folders shows up automatically in the software and hate that iTunes has extra steps....
  4. how do i convert my itunes file to my windows media

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i convert my itunes file to my windows media: how do I convert my I tunes library to my windows media and my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-convert-my-itunes-file-to-my-windows/759413db-42ae-499a-a0ec-749482b163fd"
  5. I want to install itunes on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to install itunes on my computer: How do I install iTunes on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-install-itunes-on-my-computer/f8b2d321-33cd-4dab-a95d-2dab0591e9c9
  6. Can't find itunes music files

Can't find itunes music files: iTunes says that it cannot find my music files, and this is true for almost all of my music. I found where the music is actually located and also where iTunes is 'looking'. Those two places are, of course, different. There are 17 files that are in the correct location and I...
  7. How do I resave an MP3 as an Itunes file, or copy it into my Itunes library?

How do I resave an MP3 as an Itunes file, or copy it into my Itunes library?: How do I resave an MP3 as an Itunes file, or copy it into my Itunes library? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-resave-an-mp3-as-an-itunes-file-or-copy/23817171-6c5d-495c-9aa9-5f90fc9ca436"
  8. How do I find 'my computer' on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I find 'my computer' on windows 10: On my older computer if I put in a usb stick I just went to 'my computer' and found it. I now have a Microsoft Surface Book and Windows 10 and can't find 'my computer' leave alone the usb stick! Can anyone help?...
  9. Can't Find My Music

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Find My Music: I am using Media Monkey on my PC. I am able to see the location of some of my music however when I navigate to the folder C:\Users\Stu\Music there is nothing there. Anyone know what in sam hell is going on? I am really beginning to hate Windows 10. HELP 11583
  10. How do i edit my music files

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i edit my music files: How do I edit the Media information (Contributing artist, track member, genre etc.) on a music file/track. This option was available at the bottom of the page in Windows 7. 51271