Windows 10: do i half to reinstall win 10 because the command tech told me to do never worked.

Discus and support do i half to reinstall win 10 because the command tech told me to do never worked. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; the reason i am being buggy is i half to run software from my school that requires the newest update [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by corwin thayer, Feb 23, 2021.

1. do i half to reinstall win 10 because the command tech told me to do never worked.

the reason i am being buggy is i half to run software from my school that requires the newest update do i half to reinstall win 10 because the command tech told me to do never worked. a0949e97-1835-4aa1-bb78-a6647d8f1f8f?upload=true.png

:)

corwin thayer, Feb 23, 2021

2. . pAID ms TECH SERVICE FOR WIN 10

Is it just my failure to communicate properly or do many users find that the paid MS tech service often get hung up on misinformation or the wrong thing.?

I had told the initial tech that my administrator command prompt scan showed a problem in the win 10 system files that it could not fix.

Additional problems also existed with my print commands and an old program that is running without flaw on two other computers.

( I have 3 64 bit quad core computers with the exact same programs) and were all working flawlessly

As a result of MS not addressing the win 10 system problem and fixating on the problem resisding in a program that has always worked I spent over 8 hrs with MS tech support . Some of this time was because of being on hold, and the line hanging up,and
    going dead ( dial tone) Ssome was due to my retesting the admen system scan only to find win 10 sys still had a problem and delays in calling MS back again., and again to fix the win 10 sys ADMINISTRATOR COMMAND PROMPT SCAN PRROBLEM that may or may not
    have been the problem cause(s) in other intermittent problems in other areas on only the one computer .

8 hours is a very very very long time to be on the phone. with MS Is this common.

I realize the techs kept asking me to describe the other problems but they fixated on the other problems and one particular program instead of first fixing the win 10 system problems ( reloading win 10 ) that I showed them I had run and what it said . (win
    10 sys problems existed that it could not fix )

Eventually, after 8 hrs plus download time of an hour or so, Wwin 10 got installed and I am still installing the up dates. ( I hope) My question is why is this extent such a common problem everytime I call in for help? It seems to always turn into
    an ordeal and I have to call in multiple times to get a resolution and the process takes 6 to 8 hrs or more? is this common?

iT SEEMS THAT THERE ARE DIFFERENT LEVELS OF TECH SERVICE . some GO THROUGH A 5 TO 6 STEP PROCESS VIA THE RUN COMMANDS) AND OTHERS USE TWO STEPS VIA URL ADDRESS AND ARE MORE SAVEY AND QUICK. yET TO REACH THEM REQUIRES THE SAME PHNE NUMBER. AND LUCK. . ON
    TWO DIFFERENT OCCASSIONS A TCH TOLD ME THAT TWO OF MY MODELS WERE NOT COMPATABLE WITH WIN 10 (THEY HAD BEEN OPERATING WIN 10 SINCE IT CAME OUT) a call back got me different techs with better fixes.

on the positive side I eventually get a service tech who resolves all of my problems.

EugeneArmes, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile do i half to reinstall win 10 because the command tech told me to do never worked. :)

4. zbook Win User

do i half to reinstall win 10 because the command tech told me to do never worked.

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

do i half to reinstall win 10 because the command tech told me to do never worked.

1. do i half to reinstall win 10 because the command tech told me to do never worked. - Similar Threads - half reinstall command

2. I was told by my computer tech to stay with Windows 10 because Windows 11 wasn't working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was told by my computer tech to stay with Windows 10 because Windows 11 wasn't working...: I was told to stay with Microsoft 10 and not switch to Microsoft 11 because it wasn't as good as Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-told-by-my-computer-tech-to-stay-with/342ae2d4-f717-4bec-bda4-0c2d5da1084b
  3. I was told by my computer tech to stay with Windows 10 because Windows 11 wasn't working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I was told by my computer tech to stay with Windows 10 because Windows 11 wasn't working...: I was told to stay with Microsoft 10 and not switch to Microsoft 11 because it wasn't as good as Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-told-by-my-computer-tech-to-stay-with/342ae2d4-f717-4bec-bda4-0c2d5da1084b
  4. I was told by my computer tech to stay with Windows 10 because Windows 11 wasn't working...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. i bought an hp desk jet they told me it would work but its not working what do i do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i bought an hp desk jet they told me it would work but its not working what do i do: in the store they told me it would work on this gateway computer but it does not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-an-hp-desk-jet-they-told-me-it-would-work/c98fe5c1-e72e-485b-8b7c-af35b0ee48b1
  6. i bought an hp desk jet they told me it would work but its not working what do i do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i bought an hp desk jet they told me it would work but its not working what do i do: in the store they told me it would work on this gateway computer but it does not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-an-hp-desk-jet-they-told-me-it-would-work/c98fe5c1-e72e-485b-8b7c-af35b0ee48b1
  7. Going To Have MS Tech Support Reinstall Win 10, What Do I need To Know?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Going To Have MS Tech Support Reinstall Win 10, What Do I need To Know?: A local tech shop installed win 10 32 bit on my 64 bit system. I need to upgrade to the 64 bit. I made a backup of all my files and have a media creation tool, both on separate HDDs. What else do I need to do? I wrote down all the programs I want to get back. What else...
  8. I did some command a video told me to do, but nothing works now.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I did some command a video told me to do, but nothing works now.: So, i did a command (bcdedit /set increasuserva 3072) and my PC broke. I did turn it on and it fixed the C drive but now nothing opens. Not even settings. Apparently the command is supposed to trick the computer into thinking its on a 64-bit OS, but since i did it before...
  9. this is what the MS tech rep told me... true or not?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    this is what the MS tech rep told me... true or not?: [img] context: I have a Dell with OEM W7 which I have upgraded to W10 with digital entitlement. Mobo is getting glitchy so I want to build a new one while keeping the existing HD. I have heard everywhere that the OS is tied to Mobo and the OEM win license is tied to this...
  10. Win 10 preview never worked for me... but......

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 preview never worked for me... but......: I tried many times to get win 10 preview to work on my Samsung RV511 laptop which easily meets all the requirements.... it hangs immediately at the logo screen when trying to install. Naturally, I could get it running in a VM but that doesn't allow the OS to use the real...