Windows 10: Do I have a legitimate copy of windows?

Discus and support Do I have a legitimate copy of windows? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need help verifying if the PC I purchased has a legit copy of windows, or if it was obtained illegally from the builder. I recently received a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Joshua A1, May 21, 2024.

1. Joshua A1 Win User

Do I have a legitimate copy of windows?

I need help verifying if the PC I purchased has a legit copy of windows, or if it was obtained illegally from the builder. I recently received a notification that my license will be expiring soon, although the company I bought my PC from assured me and advertised that it is a legit copy of Windows Pro 10. I upgraded my machine to Windows 11 for free when it was offered via the windows update page in settings.Do I have a real Windows key or was I scammed?

:)

Joshua A1, May 21, 2024

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 21, 2024
  3. Val So Win User
    How to find a legitimate copy of Windows 7

Hello. I would like to install Windows 7 on my virtual machine. I need a legitimate copy that doesn't contain dangerous codes and viruses. I don't need a cracked copy, but the original copy. Does anyone know where can i find the original copy of Windows 7?

Val So, May 21, 2024
  4. DCnewbie Win User

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, May 21, 2024
Thema:

1. Do I have a legitimate copy of windows? - Similar Threads - legitimate copy

2. Do I have a legitimate copy of windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I have a legitimate copy of windows?: I need help verifying if the PC I purchased has a legit copy of windows, or if it was obtained illegally from the builder. I recently received a notification that my license will be expiring soon, although the company I bought my PC from assured me and advertised that it is a...
  3. After installing new motherboard, PC is not recognizing my copy of windows as legitimate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After installing new motherboard, PC is not recognizing my copy of windows as legitimate.: My PC is about seven years old and was not compatible with Win 11 for an upgrade. I replaced the motherboard, CPU, memory, and M.2 drive and now hardware has passed the app that is used to check if Win 11 can be installed.I re-installed win 10 by creating a bootable ISO drive...
  4. After installing new motherboard, PC is not recognizing my copy of windows as legitimate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After installing new motherboard, PC is not recognizing my copy of windows as legitimate.: My PC is about seven years old and was not compatible with Win 11 for an upgrade. I replaced the motherboard, CPU, memory, and M.2 drive and now hardware has passed the app that is used to check if Win 11 can be installed.I re-installed win 10 by creating a bootable ISO drive...
  5. How to find a legitimate copy of Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find a legitimate copy of Windows 7: Hello. I would like to install Windows 7 on my virtual machine. I need a legitimate copy that doesn't contain dangerous codes and viruses. I don't need a cracked copy, but the original copy. Does anyone know where can i find the original copy of Windows 7?...
  6. How to find a legitimate copy of Windows 7

How to find a legitimate copy of Windows 7: Hello. I would like to install Windows 7 on my virtual machine. I need a legitimate copy that doesn't contain dangerous codes and viruses. I don't need a cracked copy, but the original copy. Does anyone know where can i find the original copy of Windows 7?...
  7. How does a legitimate copy of Windows 7 that I bought brand new from an authorized computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does a legitimate copy of Windows 7 that I bought brand new from an authorized computer...: Hello Cyber World,I just spent a very unpleasant 3 hours with the MS Windows Activation Center. Apparently, the copy of Windows 7 Ultimate that I bought from a now defunct computer store has gone from being a legal copy to an illegal one. I have used the key to verify my copy...
  8. How does a legitimate copy of Windows 7 that I bought brand new from an authorized computer...

How does a legitimate copy of Windows 7 that I bought brand new from an authorized computer...: Hello Cyber World,I just spent a very unpleasant 3 hours with the MS Windows Activation Center. Apparently, the copy of Windows 7 Ultimate that I bought from a now defunct computer store has gone from being a legal copy to an illegal one. I have used the key to verify my copy...
  9. I want to downgrade from a pirated version of Windows 10 Pro to a legitimate OEM copy of...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want to downgrade from a pirated version of Windows 10 Pro to a legitimate OEM copy of...: So I bought a used HP OMEN 15 (2017) from a reseller a while ago and it seems that the reseller had illegitimately upgraded Windows to Pro and a bundled a couple pirated software that I didn't want. So I reset the installation and shrugged it off. Of course the illegitimate...
  10. Using pirate copy with legitimate key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using pirate copy with legitimate key.: I have purchased a Lenovo thinkpad with a preinstalled win10, (and paid extra for the PRO version). Though now I reallize this is a horrible version. I'll skip the parts like that the control panel items are just illogically placed and impossible to find. The worst part is...