Windows 10: Do I have a Microsoft problem, or computer virus, or Facebook problem, or email problem, or...

Discus and support Do I have a Microsoft problem, or computer virus, or Facebook problem, or email problem, or... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Lost Facebook on 9-17-19 on my Windows 10, Dell laptop. All I got was a blank page. No blue header, no search box, no profile name, no home, no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichardWallaceZ, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Do I have a Microsoft problem, or computer virus, or Facebook problem, or email problem, or...

Lost Facebook on 9-17-19 on my Windows 10, Dell laptop. All I got was a blank page. No blue header, no search box, no profile name, no home, no notifications, nothing, a totally blank page. Just https://www.facebook.com in the address bar with the green padlock. If I click on another person’s FB link, I get "Sorry, something went wrong" "we are working on getting this fixed as soon as we can. Go Back or help.”

Clue #1 The Firefox browser my FB was bookmarked on, started messaging that it was NOT my default browser. (it WAS; before the problem) When I tried to make it my default, Firefox was NOT on the list. Thought I may have a virus. From IE I downloaded and ran Microsoft Safety Scanner - zero infections.

Clue #2 Other browsers (IE, Edge) on this computer, that had my FB bookmarked cannot excess any FB pages. All other non-Facebook bookmarks work as normal. One Chrome browser that only had my wife’s FB page bookmarked on it, was not affected (all her bookmarked FB pages are still accessible as before.) I can even see my FB page with it and can message to it. Another home computer (Windows 8.1) has the exact same problem – all browsers with my FB page bookmarked are blocked from getting to any other FB page. The Chrome browser with only my wife’s FB page bookmarked is not affected.

Clue #3 After two days I uninstalled my Firefox browser and downloaded a new Firefox browser. Firefox wanted me to sign up for an account. I used the same email address for this new account as I had for my Facebook sign in account. I was unable to create the Firefox account, got "500 Error Oh dear, something went wrong there. We've been notified and will get working on a fix." And tried to verify this account via the same email and I got “Verification error (loading Chunk 23 failed)” Later I was able to create the new account and verify it by using an email other than the one for signing into Facebook. (My wife’s FB sign in email account is NOT the same email provider as mine.)

Clue #4 Found my Facebook page. I searched for it using my name and “Facebook,” it was at: https://m.facebook.com/(my name)?refid=7. Bookmarked it on my new Firefox browser. Researching M.Facebook , I get: “m.facebook.com is styleless version of the site with limited capabilities. It is intended for those with older phones and less powerful mobile browsers. It allows just viewing your feed and commenting on posts.” It only uses the center part of my computer screen. I didn’t have to sign into it. I can message my wife and she can message back. I can see my friends list and comment on their posts. See screenshot of m.facebook. Note: a couple hours before this all started, my Firefox browser was hijacked with a message from Microsoft (see screenshot) I assumed it was malware and deleted it the way I normally do. Right clicked on my task bar>task manager>Firefox>end task.

Sorry this is so long winded. I thought you needed all these clues to help diagnose my problem.

Do I have a Microsoft problem, or computer virus, or Facebook problem, or email problem, or... b04d3e2e-698a-4968-8fc7-6de6662a3bf0?upload=true.png Do I have a Microsoft problem, or computer virus, or Facebook problem, or email problem, or... 6edb9da9-366d-4847-9a00-18c21a9710db?upload=true.png

:)

RichardWallaceZ, Sep 27, 2019

2. Facebook and Virus Problem (Solved but still open for coment)

I would run one of these 2, you dont need to login to fb to do it

Malware Checkpoint for Facebook | Facebook

We currently offer two products for all of our users: McAfee's Scan and Repair andMicrosoft's Security Essentials.

• The McAfee option will download a small program onto your Windows computer to perform a one-time scan of your system for malware. It will not interfere with your existing anti-virus or other security products. After it scans your system, it will give you the option to automatically or manually remove the files it flags as malicious.
    • The Microsoft Security Essentials option is a full anti-virus product. Upon download and install, it will add anti-virus software to your computer that will continue to protect your system with the latest anti-virus signatures from Microsoft.

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Facebook and Virus Problem (Solved but still open for coment)

Sister is having probs with facebook on my spare laptop ( i don't do Facebook She use's Spare laptop every night when she vists myself and mainly My Dad
    She is devoted to him ).

Tonight
    She can log on to face book using her husbands details no problems
    if she logs on with her own details it says malware /virus infection and she can go no further unless she downloads a facebook tool ????? to scan/fix

now i have run anti virus /malware scans on laptop via lan (mapped Drive ) nothing Detected.

yet it still refuses to let her use her own Details to logon

if she trys she gets this virus download prompt

log on using hubbys details strait in no problems

I dont use face book and i dont want to download any facebook tool to its hard drive

IF There was malware/virus on laptop then she could not logon on with any identity without getting this virus crap yet she can with hubbys id and password

IS THIS ANOTHER FACEBOOK CON/SCAM ????
    Opinions Advice ?? welcome

dorsetknob, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Jetster Win User

Do I have a Microsoft problem, or computer virus, or Facebook problem, or email problem, or...

Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Do I have a Microsoft problem, or computer virus, or Facebook problem, or email problem, or...

1. Do I have a Microsoft problem, or computer virus, or Facebook problem, or email problem, or... - Similar Threads - Microsoft problem computer

2. i been having a problem with a virus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i been having a problem with a virus: my windows defender as been juping me with a trojan alert with this name and similar C:\Users\hersz\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Files\S0\3\Attachments\Swiftcopy.pdf[1423].html 2 times now i would like to know what is...
  3. i been having a problem with a virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i been having a problem with a virus: my windows defender as been juping me with a trojan alert with this name and similar C:\Users\hersz\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Files\S0\3\Attachments\Swiftcopy.pdf[1423].html 2 times now i would like to know what is...
  4. i been having a problem with a virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Viruses and computer problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Viruses and computer problems: Hey I’m Tyler, and I have some computer viruses and promlems.First of all, my computer won’t charge past 4%, maybe because a virus or a computer problem.Second, I have a Trojan virus and when I try to get rid of it, it just adds itself back I thinkIf someone can help me with...
  6. Virus Block computer problem

Virus Block computer problem: The virus says that the laptop is blocked and they need money to fix it. The camera is showing a picture of me live. When I try to go to safe mode the virus exits and reboot the computer. In normal mode the computer apps run in the background but you can not view or engage...
  7. Problem with Facebook

Problem with Facebook: how do I delete nastaven uctu hlavni straka hledat pratele from my facebook account [Original Title: facebook] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/problem-with-facebook/f764e54e-922f-49c7-a12a-293c7577a10b
  8. Facebook Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Facebook Problem: Not a W10 problem, but thought I would ask anyway....Find Friends has stopped working on Facebook, anyone know how to get it working again ? 113546
  9. Facebook Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Facebook Problem: Not a W10 problem, but thought I would ask anyway....Find Friends has stopped working on Facebook, anyone know how to get it working again ? 113546
  10. Facebook Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Facebook Problem: Appologies if this is a Facebook issue, and not a W10 problem, but it is driving me mad !!........up to about a week ago my photos showed on my facebook timeline, now they do not........it just says ''nothing to show''.......tried everything to get them to show, with no luck...