Windows 10: Do I have a silent virus?

Discus and support Do I have a silent virus? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm beyond frustrated with my Gigabyte Aero laptop that I had to revert to factory settings 3 days ago. I ended up reverting to factory settings due to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RealSnippy, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Do I have a silent virus?

I'm beyond frustrated with my Gigabyte Aero laptop that I had to revert to factory settings 3 days ago. I ended up reverting to factory settings due to the computer acting strange after downloading an update under the windows 11 update section in the settings. Examples include...

-Longer than average shut down times and boot up times whenever initiated

-Desktop turning black for a few minutes after restarting the windows explorer via task manager(this was done because I would get an infinite blue loading circle cursor when right clicking on the desktop, eventually followed with a "not responding" message)

-Files crashing when opened

-Desktop wallpaper glitches

After reverting to factory settings(3 days ago) it has been working fine until now. I also ran virus scanners via Norton and everything was fine. I didn't have any out of the ordinary programs as I only installed 2 IDE programs for coding along with Discord and Chrome. I really don't feel like reverting to factory settings is appropriate since the issue seems to be present once again.

Update: My laptop has been currently "updating" for the past hour, im aware that updates can take time but with the laptops history of updates I feel its appropriate to feel partly paranoid with the sudden change in speed. Does anyone have any idea what this may be?

submitted by /u/RealSnippy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RealSnippy, Oct 25, 2021
  2. khernand Win User

Silent not working

My 6133 will not respond when I select "Silent." It shows the silent logo, but the phone still rings. Any suggestions?

khernand, Oct 25, 2021
  3. Pegasone Win User
    Desktop App Converter - silent installer?

One of the requirements for successfully running the Desktop App Converter app, now available on Windows Store, is a silent installer for the desktop application to convert to appx package. I would like to ask the TenForums users for suggestions on creating such a silent (non-interactive) installer.

Update: NSIS can create silent installers Do I have a silent virus? :)

Pegasone, Oct 25, 2021
  4. Do I have a silent virus?

Clean the Virus

Hi,

Virus infection usually happens on a computer when it is exposed to an infected website or removable devices. For us to help you clean the malware on your device, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows are you using?
    • Did you encounter any error messages related to having a virus infection on your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running any available antivirus software on your PC. It would be very helpful to us if you could also provide the result of the antivirus scan process.

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

Do I have a silent virus?

1. Do I have a silent virus? - Similar Threads - silent virus

2. How do i force specific notifications to always show a popup instead of silently going into...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i force specific notifications to always show a popup instead of silently going into...: I am using a tool that generates popups from a callcenter product website for a customer.Its ment to show a windows popup on specific events.Problem is, the popup behaviour is very unreliable, and i couldnt find ways to control it. Sometimes it shows as a popup in the corner...
  3. How do i force specific notifications to always show a popup instead of silently going into...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i force specific notifications to always show a popup instead of silently going into...: I am using a tool that generates popups from a callcenter product website for a customer.Its ment to show a windows popup on specific events.Problem is, the popup behaviour is very unreliable, and i couldnt find ways to control it. Sometimes it shows as a popup in the corner...
  4. How do i force specific notifications to always show a popup instead of silently going into...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Audio went silent and then the laptop went bluescreen DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio went silent and then the laptop went bluescreen DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: It was not so often that this happens, but after a week ago, it happens very often. 2-3 times a day.the error was DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I have tried uninstalling the audio driver Sound Blaster G6 and graphic drivers using DDU and re-install again but the problem still...
  6. Audio went silent and then the laptop went bluescreen DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio went silent and then the laptop went bluescreen DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: It was not so often that this happens, but after a week ago, it happens very often. 2-3 times a day.the error was DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I have tried uninstalling the audio driver Sound Blaster G6 and graphic drivers using DDU and re-install again but the problem still...
  7. Audio went silent and then the laptop went bluescreen DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

8. MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment: MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe /silent /install][Installation] :: Execution failed with exit code [-2147219198].is there a debug log or something? what to do from here?...
  9. MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment

MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment: MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe /silent /install][Installation] :: Execution failed with exit code [-2147219198].is there a debug log or something? what to do from here?...
  10. MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade