Windows 10: Do I have a silent virus?

Discus and support Do I have a silent virus? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm beyond frustrated with my Gigabyte Aero laptop that I had to revert to factory settings 3 days ago. I ended up reverting to factory settings due to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RealSnippy, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Do I have a silent virus?

I'm beyond frustrated with my Gigabyte Aero laptop that I had to revert to factory settings 3 days ago. I ended up reverting to factory settings due to the computer acting strange after downloading an update under the windows 11 update section in the settings. Examples include...

-Longer than average shut down times and boot up times whenever initiated

-Desktop turning black for a few minutes after restarting the windows explorer via task manager(this was done because I would get an infinite blue loading circle cursor when right clicking on the desktop, eventually followed with a "not responding" message)

-Files crashing when opened

-Desktop wallpaper glitches

After reverting to factory settings(3 days ago) it has been working fine until now. I also ran virus scanners via Norton and everything was fine. I didn't have any out of the ordinary programs as I only installed 2 IDE programs for coding along with Discord and Chrome. I really don't feel like reverting to factory settings is appropriate since the issue seems to be present once again.

Update: My laptop has been currently "updating" for the past hour, im aware that updates can take time but with the laptops history of updates I feel its appropriate to feel partly paranoid with the sudden change in speed. Does anyone have any idea what this may be?

submitted by /u/RealSnippy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RealSnippy, Oct 25, 2021
  2. khernand Win User

Silent not working

My 6133 will not respond when I select "Silent." It shows the silent logo, but the phone still rings. Any suggestions?

khernand, Oct 25, 2021
  3. Pegasone Win User
    Desktop App Converter - silent installer?

One of the requirements for successfully running the Desktop App Converter app, now available on Windows Store, is a silent installer for the desktop application to convert to appx package. I would like to ask the TenForums users for suggestions on creating such a silent (non-interactive) installer.

Update: NSIS can create silent installers Do I have a silent virus? :)

Pegasone, Oct 25, 2021
  4. Do I have a silent virus?

Clean the Virus

Hi,

Virus infection usually happens on a computer when it is exposed to an infected website or removable devices. For us to help you clean the malware on your device, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows are you using?
    • Did you encounter any error messages related to having a virus infection on your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running any available antivirus software on your PC. It would be very helpful to us if you could also provide the result of the antivirus scan process.

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

Do I have a silent virus?

1. Do I have a silent virus? - Similar Threads - silent virus

2. Muting doesn't prevent "silent sound" from happening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Muting doesn't prevent "silent sound" from happening: I know this sounds like a weird question. Pun intended.Hello,I'm using a bluetooth headset that has the ability to connect to several devices at once. Which is great.Only sound from 1 device can be played at a time, which is great because when I get a call on either device,...
  3. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE TO RESOLVE WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR ON WINDOWS 10? WHY IS MICROSOFT SILENT?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHO IS RESPONSIBLE TO RESOLVE WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR ON WINDOWS 10? WHY IS MICROSOFT SILENT?: Mine is a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 bought in Nov 2020. I get the dreaded blue screen every day, some times multiple times on the same day. I tried everything - all suggestions from multiple forums. Nothing works. In fact it has gotten worse. Today, I got the BSOD more than 25...
  4. windows update silent update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows update silent update: hi guys i have setupcomplete.cmd how can i add silent update (update) for windows 10 21h1 pro x64 as in the picture t44ecs4.png 183334
  5. windows update silent update

in Windows 10 Support
    windows update silent update: hi guys i have setupcomplete.cmd how can i add silent update (update) for windows 10 21h1 pro x64 as in the picture t44ecs4.png 183334
  6. Looking for complete silent installation of Veritas Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-in MSI...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Looking for complete silent installation of Veritas Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-in MSI...: Outlook 365 is being killed forcefully while upgrading to "Veritas Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-in 12.5.1221". Do we have any switch or any other way to prevent killing Outlook?...
  7. Why is my camputer's sound sometimes too slow or it's silent?

Why is my camputer's sound sometimes too slow or it's silent?: I'v recently started gaming and I recognized that sounds of an away object or out of sight particles would be too slow and the ones in the center of manitor would sound clear and l loudly. And I should mention that such thing exist in all games. system causes it Why does it...
  8. uninstall silently google chrome by command line

in Windows 10 Customization
    uninstall silently google chrome by command line: Hi all,my chrome has some trouble, I can see any page, blank page.I can't even uninstall it by control panel since after the uninstall procedure starts, a chrome page opens and I don't see anything...then I can't click or read anything...I definitively need a command to force...
  9. Seagate Archive HDD Failure. No Crash, No Spin, Silent. Help?

Seagate Archive HDD Failure. No Crash, No Spin, Silent. Help?: I have a Seagate Archive HDD (Seagate (STEB8000100) Expansion Desktop 8TB External Hard Drive HDD USB 3.0 for PC Laptop). It was in an external enclosure. I have several external hard drives including a WD. I may have accidently used my WD power adapter for my Seagate Archive...
  10. USB microphone too silent

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB microphone too silent: we need a boost option for our USB microphones.this is my third USB microphone and still, people complain I'm too silent. if I check the volumes of the USB microphone recording, it's silly silent, it's almost useless. Windows10 needs a boost option for our USB microphones....