Windows 10: Do I have my heat sink installed incorrectly?

Discus and support Do I have my heat sink installed incorrectly? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought and installed the ARESGAME River 5 CPU Air Cooler and in the reviews for it people are getting 22c for there temps and I'm getting anywhere... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by smirk24, Jul 31, 2021.

1. smirk24 Win User

Do I have my heat sink installed incorrectly?

I bought and installed the ARESGAME River 5 CPU Air Cooler and in the reviews for it people are getting 22c for there temps and I'm getting anywhere from 30 to 40c with the same cooler. Any ideas? The cpu I'm using is i5 4590 (should also be mentioned in the specs on my tenforums profile)

:)

smirk24, Jul 31, 2021
  2. Compumind Win User

NVMe M.2 heat sinks

@Fantail and others -

I actually suggest to use a NVMe SSD heat sink if you can get it for a good price. SSD's tend to run extremely hot.
    There are also external NVMe SSD USB enclosures that have large heat sinks built in or other serious venting.

See this -

Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it? | TweakTown

These are for even heat dissipation and component prolongation.
    You don't have to buy them but it is a worthwhile investment.

However, your internal cooling is the most important item.
    Invest in that, too, if the case airflow and temps aren't good enough.

HTH

*Think

Compumind, Jul 31, 2021
  3. essenbe Win User
    NVMe M.2 heat sinks

I agree with @ignatzatsonic. I have 2 NVMe drives in this computer and they usually run around 37-42. I have never had them throttle and have never used a heat sink. I live in Florida, so it is pretty warm here.

Do I have my heat sink installed incorrectly? [​IMG]

essenbe, Jul 31, 2021
  4. user33331 Win User

VIA K8M800 Chipset heat sink ?

Hello
    MSI K8MM-V has a chipset= VIA K8M800 under a heat sink.
    • What is it and should I apply new thermal paste under it ?
    • Overclocker videos always put paste under this. Does it run hot ?
    • What standard size is this heat sink and can I buy like a upgraded copper heatsink to it ? I have seen fanned versions also but what is the size: name type of this heat sink ?
    • So I can look for these in china or ebay.
    Do I have my heat sink installed incorrectly? as54444-jpg.jpg

user33331, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

1. Do I have my heat sink installed incorrectly? - Similar Threads - heat sink installed

2. i have a heat issue on my lenovo thinkpad laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a heat issue on my lenovo thinkpad laptop: when updating my display adapter to Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.2125 for 7th gen my laptop will be freezing every few sec and if i put it on balanced mode it will crash my laptop idk why so i have to put it on performance mode so it doesn't crash but it will lag alot and...
  3. i have a heat issue on my lenovo thinkpad laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have a heat issue on my lenovo thinkpad laptop: when updating my display adapter to Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.2125 for 7th gen my laptop will be freezing every few sec and if i put it on balanced mode it will crash my laptop idk why so i have to put it on performance mode so it doesn't crash but it will lag alot and...
  4. i have a heat issue on my lenovo thinkpad laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. "The parameter is incorrect" when ticking audio sink on bluetooth headphone services

"The parameter is incorrect" when ticking audio sink on bluetooth headphone services: Bluetooth headphones don't show up as a sound output, I believe this is due to being unable to check the audio sink service.I have tried removing the device through the device manager and reconnecting it to no avail.The device troubleshooter through the control panel cannot...
  6. What do I do Heating Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do Heating Issue: Whenever I play games my computer restarts or shutdowns around 50-60cI took it to get maintenance and they said all I needed was cleaning.they cleaned it out and it helped a lot but im having the issue again what do I doSpecs:MB: b450 tomahawkGPU: RX580CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700...
  7. What do I do Heating Issue

What do I do Heating Issue: Whenever I play games my computer restarts or shutdowns around 50-60cI took it to get maintenance and they said all I needed was cleaning.they cleaned it out and it helped a lot but im having the issue again what do I doSpecs:MB: b450 tomahawkGPU: RX580CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700...
  8. I am having a sinking feeling.

I am having a sinking feeling.: I have many pdf files. Many NTSB Reports. All my bills that I have paid online over the last few years. Microsoft Edge Browser can read the files. But does it continue to save the file on my local hard drive or is it making a copy through One Drive? I was almost at the...
  9. sink

sink: what do I need to do to add this email to others https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sink/46e8f39c-111b-44f6-acd2-3d4e7d45c20d
  10. Question about Coolers vs. Heat Sink (New Computer)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about Coolers vs. Heat Sink (New Computer): Good afternoon, all. My gaming computer went the way of the dinosaur, so I am building a new one. I am still figuring out what parts to put in it, I haven't bought any parts yet. My friend suggested getting an after market cooler for my CPU (Intel i7 8700). The case...