Windows 10: Do I have to accept the update to Win10 1809?

Discus and support Do I have to accept the update to Win10 1809? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I installed Win10 64 Home on a new computer, and all of the updates have been done, and I finally have it set up like I want it, and yesterday Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by therealsimpsons, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Do I have to accept the update to Win10 1809?

I installed Win10 64 Home on a new computer, and all of the updates have been done, and I finally have it set up like I want it, and yesterday Windows downloaded and installed this new version that came out in November, called 1809. Every privacy invasion is back. My start menus is all different. They are trying to treat a desktop PC like a phone or Surface Pro. I don't want those. I want my desktop PC like I had it set up. What gives them the right to just change it? It used to be when you buy something from someone, you owned it. Now, they act like they still own it, and want you to continue to pay for subscriptions to use a product you already paid for.

I had a system image that was made after I got everything set up like I wanted it. I used it today, to go back to before this 1809. However, they keep wanting to reinstall it.

Is there way to opt out? Do I have to accept software on a computer that I own, that I don't want?

:)

therealsimpsons, Jan 24, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jan 24, 2019
  3. Ikaruga Win User
    GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

Ikaruga, Jan 24, 2019
  4. Toothless Win User

Do I have to accept the update to Win10 1809?

Win10 updates

Which Windows updates in 8.1 where the gateway to installing Win10? I've ALWAYS had update as a "check but let me decide" basis however I woke up to this.

Do I have to accept the update to Win10 1809? [​IMG]

With a bunch more (even AMD 7900 drivers, like wtf)

I'm trying to avoid the Win10 shitfest but good lord what has Microsoft done.

Toothless, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

Do I have to accept the update to Win10 1809?

1. Do I have to accept the update to Win10 1809? - Similar Threads - accept update Win10

2. Managed to reset Win10 Pro PC to 1809. How do I stop it from Updating past 1809

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Managed to reset Win10 Pro PC to 1809. How do I stop it from Updating past 1809: Pretty much what I just asked in the title. My computer has been crashing left and right so I reset it. Luckly enough, the Windows verison was 1809. Now I am on Windows 10 Pro 64bit. How can I stop this machine from moving up to 1809? Actually could it be the reason it kept...
  3. WHy do I have to accept these updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WHy do I have to accept these updates?: You know, this is going to be short and simple. Why Do I have to accept these updates that Microsoft forces down on us? Every time I get one of these updates, my computer starts to run worse and worse. I have had to re-install windows 10 now twice, after an update fragged an...
  4. Activating Win10 - Do not have an activation server

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Win10 - Do not have an activation server: I had to reset my Windows 10 PC because of software problems. During the installation process I was asked for a Microsoft Username and Password, so I used my Office365 account. We are using Office 365 in a small office setup with 3 employees, without ANY servers or other...
  5. failed update win10 ver 1809

failed update win10 ver 1809: I have two computers running win10 pro 64 ver 1809 build17763.253. since they were both updated to this build, they fail to connect to the update service. I ran the trouble shooter, then defender, then ofline scan, then malwarebytes, ultra adware killer, adware removal tool...
  6. win10 updates do not install

win10 updates do not install: I have a surface book The win 10 is not updating since last year also Turn Windows features on/off is remaining blank also after I changed Windows Modules Installer.... to manual in cmd as administrator...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade 1809. Why should I accept it?

Windows 10 upgrade 1809. Why should I accept it?: After many months of trying to get 1803 installed I eventually succeeded (With a good deal of help from Microsoft second level). I then set metered connection and only accept security updates. Now I am starting to read about 1809. It hasn't tried to get into my machine, and...
  8. Why do I have to wait for updates??

Why do I have to wait for updates??: So im in Windows 10 and i see a button. "Update and shutown". I click this deceptive button. I turn the computer on.... Guess what? It must spend the last of my battery installing update. Thanks . So it's really "shutdown, THEN update" does Microsoft have trouble with...
  9. Creators Update - Do I have it or Not?

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators Update - Do I have it or Not?: I thought it installed yesterday as my laptop went through a fairly lengthly install process. The update history says feature update to Windows 10, version 1703 was installed. But when I go to system information, it says I have Windows 10 Pro 10.0.15063, Build 15063....
  10. Do I have the Anniversary Update?

Do I have the Anniversary Update?: Hi. Yesterday, I finally allowed my Win7 to be upgraded to Win10. While sorting a few things out, I saw many references on the Net to the 'Anniversary Update'. Wondering if I had it, I googled and found this: Anniversary update has 1607 build number. You should see Version...