Windows 10: Do I have to buy a new license?

Discus and support Do I have to buy a new license? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A couple years ago I bought a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. I'm currently building a PC. Do I have to buy a new license, or can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PM_ME_SUPAIDAMAN, May 4, 2020.

1. Do I have to buy a new license?

A couple years ago I bought a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. I'm currently building a PC. Do I have to buy a new license, or can I somehow transfer the license to my new computer?

submitted by /u/PM_ME_SUPAIDAMAN
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PM_ME_SUPAIDAMAN, May 4, 2020
  2. Mystere Win User

Buying a Windows Server License

Server 2016 is not yet for sale. You can, however, buy Server 2012 and 2012R2 from various resellers, although most "official" resellers are likely out of stock since MS is in the middle of transitioning from 2012 to 2016.

Here's some resellers that sell through Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=new

Most people don't buy Windows Server at retail, they tend to buy it through volume licensing, which you can still get.

Mystere, May 4, 2020
  3. lx07 Win User
    Buying a Windows Server License

If you get the server standard do you have to buy this license as well?

Amazon.com: Microsoft Windows Server 2012 OEM - CAL (1 User): Software

Like the OP I was looking into pricing and couldn't figure it out. I was considering server to run VMs (because of dedup). I'm running Server 2016 TP5 at the moment and the saving from dedup are excellent. It seems it might be cheaper to spend the money on disk though.

lx07, May 4, 2020
  4. Do I have to buy a new license?

what video card would you go with

Nice *Wink Do I have to buy a new license? ;). I look at it like this. You have 90 days to do the Step-up. If you buy it today..

• That's May 12thish that you have be the ability to do the step up...
    • But, in that 90 days, you may have the chance to get the 4870x2 down to a price worth getting.
    • Or, Just buy one of the new cards...
    3 possibilities in one little buy.

Cold Storm, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Do I have to buy a new license?

1. Do I have to buy a new license? - Similar Threads - buy license

2. Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?: Hi Folks,Apologies if this has been posted before I definitely think it will have.... I can't figure out how to navigate these forums at all. Little background, many years ago I purchased a physical copy of Windows 7. I was then eligible for the upgrade to Windows 10. PC has...
  3. Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?: Hi Folks,Apologies if this has been posted before I definitely think it will have.... I can't figure out how to navigate these forums at all. Little background, many years ago I purchased a physical copy of Windows 7. I was then eligible for the upgrade to Windows 10. PC has...
  4. Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. If i buy windows 11 for spain with license can it work with english

If i buy windows 11 for spain with license can it work with english: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-buy-windows-11-for-spain-with-license-can-it/6dd30fd0-78cf-4424-97dd-aa81a3bff0c5
  6. If i buy windows 11 for spain with license can it work with english

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i buy windows 11 for spain with license can it work with english: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-buy-windows-11-for-spain-with-license-can-it/6dd30fd0-78cf-4424-97dd-aa81a3bff0c5
  7. Can I trust stacksocial website for buying Windows 11 Pro license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I trust stacksocial website for buying Windows 11 Pro license?: Hi, I want to buy a windows 11 pro license for my new free dos notebook and I saw a special offer on this website: https://www.stacksocial.com/sales/microsoft-windows-11-proAnd that website states that license will be provided by Smart Training Lab. This is the link for...
  8. Can I trust stacksocial website for buying Windows 11 Pro license?

Can I trust stacksocial website for buying Windows 11 Pro license?: Hi, I want to buy a windows 11 pro license for my new free dos notebook and I saw a special offer on this website: https://www.stacksocial.com/sales/microsoft-windows-11-proAnd that website states that license will be provided by Smart Training Lab. This is the link for...
  9. I haven't been sent my activation key after buying a windows 11 license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I haven't been sent my activation key after buying a windows 11 license: I purchased a windows 11 license and have yet to recieve it, and when I try to log into the account I bought with the windows license it asks for my windows password but won't let me log in...
  10. I haven't been sent my activation key after buying a windows 11 license

I haven't been sent my activation key after buying a windows 11 license: I purchased a windows 11 license and have yet to recieve it, and when I try to log into the account I bought with the windows license it asks for my windows password but won't let me log in...