Windows 10: Do I have to buy WORD in order to create .rtf files like in Windows 7

Discus and support Do I have to buy WORD in order to create .rtf files like in Windows 7 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Do I have to buy WORD in order to create .rtf files like in Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by unhappyGwen, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Do I have to buy WORD in order to create .rtf files like in Windows 7

Do I have to buy WORD in order to create .rtf files like in Windows 7

:)

unhappyGwen, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

rtf. file

Hi Michelle,

Some documents when saved takes up space due to its components. For us to help you with your concern, we'd like to know if your rtf file has images on it.

Meanwhile, if your rtf file has pure texts, we suggest that you follow the steps below to reduce the size of your rtf file:

• Compose your rtf file in Microsoft Word.
    • Instead of saving, copy and paste your composition to WordPad. All the formatting is copied over too.
    • Save the document with WordPad, and you'll get a significantly smaller file.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Jun 19, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Wordpad default template (create or edit in RTF) suddenly becomes Word default.

Hi skip3119

Please explain this in more detail, do you mean if you double click am rtf file, it tries to open in Microsoft Word?

Or is this something else, if so, please provide as much detail as possible . . .

If it is that rtf documents are opening in Word:

Right click an rtf document, choose 'Open With' - Choose Another App

Important - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open rtf . . .'

If Wordpad is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Again if Wordpad is not in the list, at the bottom, click 'Look for another app on this PC', then navigate to find Wordpad

DaveM121, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Do I have to buy WORD in order to create .rtf files like in Windows 7

opening rtf file without Microsoft word

With what application did you create the .rtf file?

WordPad, which is an Accessory to Windows can open .rtf files.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Do I have to buy WORD in order to create .rtf files like in Windows 7

1. Do I have to buy WORD in order to create .rtf files like in Windows 7 - Similar Threads - buy WORD order

2. I Do Not Have Permission to Create Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Do Not Have Permission to Create Files: I downloaded a file locker but then I suddenly couldnt create any files. I deleted the program and tried some solutions I found on the internet but they didnt work. I changed a few things on advanced security settings. I changed owner to Everyone and created a permission...
  3. I Do Not Have Permission to Create Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Do Not Have Permission to Create Files: I downloaded a file locker but then I suddenly couldnt create any files. I deleted the program and tried some solutions I found on the internet but they didnt work. I changed a few things on advanced security settings. I changed owner to Everyone and created a permission...
  4. I Do Not Have Permission to Create Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. do i have to buy the microsoft word 10 to print in color?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    do i have to buy the microsoft word 10 to print in color?: I HAVE AN HP OFFICEJET 3830. I CAN PRINT IN COLOR FROM MY Cricut explore air 2, however I can not seem to be able to print in color from windows. I have the free version of Microsoft. I have attempted many different solutions which were not accurately projected, I had to keep...
  6. The RTF file is gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The RTF file is gone: Hi. Today i saved some data in a rtf file. Suddenly my pc crashed and i restarted and now all the text is gone! It shows 0 bytes. It originally had 2 MB. How can i recover the whole content? It's gone forever? submitted by /u/jimijoop [link] [comments]...
  7. can't delete rtf file microsoft word file & rich text file

can't delete rtf file microsoft word file & rich text file: i just randomly created a microsoft word file because i was just bored to the point of doing dumb things. and i just deleted it and it was good for some time like 2 or 3 days and then i started up my laptop to see here was 2 files. the microsoft word file was named TEXT...
  8. Do I have to give Microsoft my address in order to buy things?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Do I have to give Microsoft my address in order to buy things?: So I'm trying to buy Gears of War Ultimate Edition. It would simply be a download. But I can't buy it without giving my address. Its not like I need anything physically sent to me so why do I need to give it? Its not that big of a deal; I just won't buy it, its just...
  9. Wordpad default template (create or edit in RTF) suddenly becomes Word default.

Wordpad default template (create or edit in RTF) suddenly becomes Word default.: My Wordpad default template (create or edit in RTF) suddenly becomes Word default . Need help: How to get back my Wordpad default template. (I don't want my template to be WORD.) Thank you very much....
  10. RTF file from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RTF file from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Hello, I have a problem with an old RTF file done with WordPad on Windows 7 (V 6.1). The file is basically a table with rows and columns. When I try to open it with WordPad on Windows 10 (V 1703), the file is not the same and the bottom of my table is removed. If I open...