Windows 10: do i have to do something for ssd installation

Discus and support do i have to do something for ssd installation in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hi, i newly bought a freedos laptop and did not do anything. then i bought a ssd for addition, now what will i do is to install second ssd into laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Berkeyzc1, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Berkeyzc1 Win User

do i have to do something for ssd installation

hi, i newly bought a freedos laptop and did not do anything. then i bought a ssd for addition, now what will i do is to install second ssd into laptop and install windows 11 to laptops stock ssd. my laptops stock ssd 512 gb and one i will install is 1tb, i will only use 1 tb for heavy files like games, so i will install windows and applications to stock 512 gb ssd which will be main. do i have to do some settings or something for bios and windows to recognize ssds. also should i unplug battery when i operate, i think battery is empty since i bought it.my laptop lenovo legion 5 17.3 inch and

:)

Berkeyzc1, Sep 26, 2022

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 26, 2022
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 26, 2022
  4. Josh_922 Win User

Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

1. do i have to do something for ssd installation - Similar Threads - something ssd installation

2. Microsoft do something!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft do something!: Microsoft, you have a user, who - seems to be able to get around your censors, or may or may not be working for you - after being reported, constantly changes their name to avoid being completely banned, accusing people on your site of Child Sexual Assault and other offenses,...
  3. Microsoft do something!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft do something!: Microsoft, you have a user, who - seems to be able to get around your censors, or may or may not be working for you - after being reported, constantly changes their name to avoid being completely banned, accusing people on your site of Child Sexual Assault and other offenses,...
  4. do i have to do something for ssd installation

do i have to do something for ssd installation: hi, i newly bought a freedos laptop and did not do anything. then i bought a ssd for addition, now what will i do is to install second ssd into laptop and install windows 11 to laptops stock ssd. my laptops stock ssd 512 gb and one i will install is 1tb, i will only use 1 tb...
  5. SAFE EXAM BROWSER NOT INSTALLING. I HAVE ATTACHED THE LOGFILE HERE. IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SAFE EXAM BROWSER NOT INSTALLING. I HAVE ATTACHED THE LOGFILE HERE. IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO...: [281C:14DC][2021-12-20T21:16:52]i001: Burn v3.11.1.2318, Windows v10.0 Build 22518: Service Pack 0, path: C:\Users\srini\AppData\Local\Temp\{3111A295-965A-49AA-9E2E-A9ED21BCEFBA}\.cr\SEB_3.3.1.388_SetupBundle.exe [281C:14DC][2021-12-20T21:16:52]i000: Initializing numeric...
  6. SAFE EXAM BROWSER NOT INSTALLING. I HAVE ATTACHED THE LOGFILE HERE. IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO...

SAFE EXAM BROWSER NOT INSTALLING. I HAVE ATTACHED THE LOGFILE HERE. IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO...: [281C:14DC][2021-12-20T21:16:52]i001: Burn v3.11.1.2318, Windows v10.0 Build 22518: Service Pack 0, path: C:\Users\srini\AppData\Local\Temp\{3111A295-965A-49AA-9E2E-A9ED21BCEFBA}\.cr\SEB_3.3.1.388_SetupBundle.exe [281C:14DC][2021-12-20T21:16:52]i000: Initializing numeric...
  7. how do I activate windows is it something free or do I have to pay for it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I activate windows is it something free or do I have to pay for it?: how do I activate windows is it something free or do I have to pay for it , if so is there any other way to customize my PC? I would really love to change my font along with other features....
  8. Can't do clean install on SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't do clean install on SSD: I keep getting "We couldn't create a partition or find and existing one". i already made a partition with Diskpart and verified it exists. I disconnected the other hard drives and still get the error. Is there something I have to change in the BIOS? 128599
  9. i cant install updates due to something to do with a 'syskey'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i cant install updates due to something to do with a 'syskey': can't install updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-install-updates-due-to-something-to-do-with/48002258-ba0c-4273-88b3-f1374463246e
  10. After SSD Installation What Do I Do With Old HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After SSD Installation What Do I Do With Old HDD: Hello Everyone, I just installed a new 500 gb SSD and successfully moved the Operating System and data. I want to use the old HDD that still has an OS for storage. What do I need to do next? I downloaded AOMEI Petition Assistant but am not sure which option(s) I should...