Windows 10: Do I have to give Microsoft my address in order to buy things?

Discus and support Do I have to give Microsoft my address in order to buy things? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I'm trying to buy Gears of War Ultimate Edition. It would simply be a download. But I can't buy it without giving my address. Its not like I need... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Airkon2, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Airkon2 Win User

Do I have to give Microsoft my address in order to buy things?

So I'm trying to buy Gears of War Ultimate Edition. It would simply be a download. But I can't buy it without giving my address. Its not like I need anything physically sent to me so why do I need to give it? Its not that big of a deal; I just won't buy it, its just frustrating.

:)

Airkon2, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Airkon2 Win User

So I'm trying to buy Gears of War Ultimate Edition. It would simply be a download. But I can't buy it without giving my address. Its not like I need anything physically sent to me so why do I need to give it? Its not that big of a deal; I just won't buy
    it, its just frustrating.

Airkon2, Jun 26, 2019
  3. bpratt Win User
    Can the order of the favorites be changed in Spartan?

I've been testing Spartan but I can't find a way to move things around in the favorites list. It puts everything in alpha order. Any suggestions?

bpratt, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Do I have to give Microsoft my address in order to buy things?

Microsoft Edge Address Bar

Hi Zach,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to open actual address of websites with short forms as you wish:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions(...) at the right top corner.
    • Click on View advanced settings, under Search in the address bar with
      click on down arrow.
    • Choose <add new>, try to add the default website.
    Secondly, as opening pages in new tab is set by design, I suggest you to provide this as a feedback.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Do I have to give Microsoft my address in order to buy things? - Similar Threads - Microsoft address order

2. how do I add addresses to my address book?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I add addresses to my address book?: take me to my address book https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-addresses-to-my-address-book/6afc86a8-d89c-48ab-83c6-38857b4bf600"
  3. Do I have to buy WORD in order to create .rtf files like in Windows 7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do I have to buy WORD in order to create .rtf files like in Windows 7: Do I have to buy WORD in order to create .rtf files like in Windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-have-to-buy-word-in-order-to-create-rtf-files/0e1c7ae7-d6dc-4d18-b629-65e147e0322a"
  4. Do I have to buy Minecraft again for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I have to buy Minecraft again for Windows 10: I bought Minecraft Java Edition, and I was trying to join a friends game, and they are on Windows 10 version. I now have to "rebuy" Minecraft to join his game. I don't think I need to do that. He told me that I have to make a new account or join on a different one but I...
  5. Why do I have to set up an email address for my child?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do I have to set up an email address for my child?: She is too young to have a separate email and it defeats the purpose of parental control https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-set-up-an-email-address-for-my/2e303072-2bdf-4b4f-ae20-c97f19c3fc91"
  6. i destroyed my computer by doing the simplest thing

in Windows 10 Support
    i destroyed my computer by doing the simplest thing: So I decided I wanted to download Fortnite, which requires he Epic Games Launcher, so I download that. While it’s downloading I continued playing Counter Strike, and I got a “Do you want this program to make changes to your computer?” notification and then my screen turns...
  7. How do I change the my email address on Windows fax and scan? I have a new email address

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I change the my email address on Windows fax and scan? I have a new email address: How do I change the my email address on Windows fax and scan? I have a new email address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-my-email-address-on-windows/e4a25180-0c61-49bd-9c2f-54b1b00d314a
  8. if I buy windows 10, if windows 11 comes out then do I have to buy it again?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    if I buy windows 10, if windows 11 comes out then do I have to buy it again?: I need to ask if I buy windows 10 then when the next version comes out, do I have to buy it again?. To be more specific, if I buy windows 10, if windows 11 comes out then do I have to buy it again?. Thanks....
  9. Why do I have to buy a game I already have on my xbox onto my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to buy a game I already have on my xbox onto my pc?: I've been downloading games to play on the airplane and when I heard Call of duty Modern Warfare was on it. I went to go download it but it said I had to buy it. I already have it on my xbox. I do not want to repay for a game I already own. I am wondering if there is anyway I...
  10. Microsoft gives partners their Windows 10 marching orders

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft gives partners their Windows 10 marching orders: Here's how Microsoft is advising its reseller partners to sell Windows 10 to customers, especially enterprises. "If you haven't gotten it yet: Security, security, security. Focus on security first." That was the missive from Microsoft execs to the company's reseller...