Windows 10: do i have to have the same brand dvd drive?

Discus and support do i have to have the same brand dvd drive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; since i broke my dvd drive im trying to buy a new one, but is it necessary to buy a dvd drive from the same brand? or do i just need the right size.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NotAperson01, Sep 14, 2019.

1. do i have to have the same brand dvd drive?

since i broke my dvd drive im trying to buy a new one, but is it necessary to buy a dvd drive from the same brand? or do i just need the right size.

:)

NotAperson01, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

3. DFBernie Win User
    DVD Drive problem

It worked and was listed in Windows 7. I upgraded to Windows 10 and it is not in the list of drives. It is an LG brand of DVD drive. How do I get it in to Windows 10 list of drives? Place a dvd in it the drive plays it for 10 or so seconds but Windows
    10 does not register it.

DFBernie, Sep 14, 2019
  4. do i have to have the same brand dvd drive?

DVD RW Drive

Hi Julia,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having a tough time working on the computer.

Please provide us the following information:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What is the exact\complete error message?
    Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives .

• Right click on the driver and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

do i have to have the same brand dvd drive?

1. do i have to have the same brand dvd drive? - Similar Threads - same brand dvd

2. I have a brand new

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a brand new: Welcome I have a brand new Dell A7NRFF9 laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I was looking for information about reversing the touchpad scroll direction. I came across information on a thread here about updating drivers. After doing this and restarting my computer, the touchpad...
  3. I have a brand new

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a brand new: Welcome I have a brand new Dell A7NRFF9 laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I was looking for information about reversing the touchpad scroll direction. I came across information on a thread here about updating drivers. After doing this and restarting my computer, the touchpad...
  4. I have a brand new

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do have Explorer always have same settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do have Explorer always have same settings: I want to have details of files view and ordered by date modified. Not much to ask for? How can I get this as my default view? The WORST thing... A folder with music mp3 files I get some crazy columns like artist and track length or something - none of which I want I...
  6. I have problem with dvd drive.

I have problem with dvd drive.: i can't find dvd rw drive in file explorer.there is no cd/dvd drive in device manager.please help me to solve this. my system Acer Aspire E5-511-P1RJ wndows 10 home intel pentium quad core processor....
  7. Windows updated now I have no DVD drive

Windows updated now I have no DVD drive: I've been losing my Slimline DVD drive after Windows update previously I went back to my last good restore point and it works until Windows updates again Looks like I have version 1803 now and it says I'm nearing the date where my version won't be supported any longer Well...
  8. have no dvd@cd drive how do I get the drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    have no dvd@cd drive how do I get the drives: can download game on my ASUS computer hope someone can help me thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-no-dvdcd-drive-how-do-i-get-the-drives/cee5db1b-98ff-410f-b109-c25ce3edb084
  9. DVD BRAND

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVD BRAND: don't know the kind of dvd to use on back up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-brand/c5f48cb2-8c0f-4240-8377-c2d2dc991ca3
  10. 3 DVD drives on the same bus

3 DVD drives on the same bus: I have a Windows 7 PC with 3 DVD drives. Imgburn shows them as connected to 3 different SATA busses: [2:0:0], [3:0:0], and [4:0:0]. After upgrading to Windows 10, all of them ended up on the same bus, [2:0:0], like this: [img] Why did that change? I tried connecting...