Windows 10: Do I have to keep a backup local account active and up-to-date?

Discus and support Do I have to keep a backup local account active and up-to-date? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I created a local admin account to use as an emergency backup in case I ever have problems with my main Microsoft account. My question is, do I need to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by radiowaves, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Do I have to keep a backup local account active and up-to-date?

I created a local admin account to use as an emergency backup in case I ever have problems with my main Microsoft account. My question is, do I need to keep the local admin account active and up-to-date, or can I just ignore it until I need it for something?

:)

radiowaves, Oct 20, 2017

2. do i as a parent have to set up an account b4 i can sort out my sons phone???? this is a disaster!!!!

I am having REAL problems with setting up my sons phone!!!!! D I need a Microsoft account b4 I can set up 'my family' for my son???

danielkelly3093, Oct 20, 2017
  3. do i as a parent have to set up an account b4 i can sort out my sons phone???? this is a disaster!!!!

BTW, you already have a windows live/outlook.com account you can use. Just use the login and password you used when you logged into the Answers forum to post your question.

Julie fka profjulie, Oct 20, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Do I have to keep a backup local account active and up-to-date?

Hello radiowaves, *Smile

You would keep Windows 10 updated instead, and not user accounts.

If you like, you can keep the account enabled and just ignore it until needed.

Brink, Oct 21, 2017
  5. Thank you.

radiowaves, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Do I have to keep a backup local account active and up-to-date?

1. Do I have to keep a backup local account active and up-to-date? - Similar Threads - keep backup local

2. Do I have a local account or Microsoft account on Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I have a local account or Microsoft account on Windows?: Hi,When I start Windows and have to enter my password, I enter a password different from the one I use for my microsoft/hotmail account. Nonetheless, my Microsoft account is indicated as the user and my PC is included as a device on my microsoft account.Unfortunately, the...
  3. Do I have a local account or Microsoft account on Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I have a local account or Microsoft account on Windows?: Hi,When I start Windows and have to enter my password, I enter a password different from the one I use for my microsoft/hotmail account. Nonetheless, my Microsoft account is indicated as the user and my PC is included as a device on my microsoft account.Unfortunately, the...
  4. Do I have a local account or Microsoft account on Windows?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I have lost the ability to sign in with a local account/ the active account is not an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have lost the ability to sign in with a local account/ the active account is not an...: I have lost the ability to sign in with a local account/ the active account is not an administrator so cannot make any changes. How do I fix this please ?...
  6. I have lost the ability to sign in with a local account/ the active account is not an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost the ability to sign in with a local account/ the active account is not an...: I have lost the ability to sign in with a local account/ the active account is not an administrator so cannot make any changes. How do I fix this please ?...
  7. I have lost the ability to sign in with a local account/ the active account is not an...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Why do I keep getting the message that my account is out of date?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do I keep getting the message that my account is out of date?: Email shows account ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-keep-getting-the-message-that-my-account/1c45215c-c179-41f9-8809-1d50ea5b2d65
  9. File History is not keeping my backups up-to-date

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History is not keeping my backups up-to-date: I'm new to Windows 10. I turned on File History and selected a network device (a NAS) as the destination. I set "Backup my files" to "every hour" and "Keep my backups" to "forever." The backups have been running for several days now. My PC runs at least 12 hours a day, so...
  10. Does BackUp to an external hd do a new backup with date?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Does BackUp to an external hd do a new backup with date?: I have been backing up my Win10 to external harddrives. However, when I check the harddrives, the only File History I can find was dated 1.31.18 It seems as if when I want to change the HD used, the laptop balks at this and I have to go to Adv. Settings and turn backup on...