Windows 10: Do I have to pay to have Windows reinstalled?

Discus and support Do I have to pay to have Windows reinstalled? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've had my laptop repaired after water damage. They've fix various things appeartley but say that the hard drive also needs to be replaced. In the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Vee1, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Vee1 Win User

Do I have to pay to have Windows reinstalled?

I've had my laptop repaired after water damage. They've fix various things appeartley but say that the hard drive also needs to be replaced.

In the quote for the repairs is a fee for installing Windows but can't I just reinstall with the windows key I have from when I originally paid for it?

The Laptop was dead for over a year so it would have expired some time ago and wasn't renewed but does that matter?

Can't I just reinstall and renew without having to pay for a new windows system?

:)

Vee1, Nov 8, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Do I have to pay to have Windows reinstalled? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 8, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 8, 2018
  4. jpierce55 Win User

Reinstall Windows?

You don't need to reinstall windows. Go to the device manager and remove uninstall the processor and motherboard drivers listed. When you start the system back up you should be able to re-install the new ones. I just changed my mobo/processor Friday, everything is fine.

BTW I have seen some reviews that state practically no difference in using more than 2gb of ram.

jpierce55, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Do I have to pay to have Windows reinstalled? - Similar Threads - pay reinstalled

2. HEVC already paid - Reinstalled WIN 10 PRO - Asked to pay again for HEVC License

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HEVC already paid - Reinstalled WIN 10 PRO - Asked to pay again for HEVC License: February 21, 2022 Order number 3659634052 HEVC Video Extensions $0.99 Completed Total $1.07 Paid with PayPal *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - HEVC already paid - Reinstalled WIN 10 PRO - Asked to pay again for HEVC License...
  3. HEVC already paid - Reinstalled WIN 10 PRO - Asked to pay again for HEVC License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC already paid - Reinstalled WIN 10 PRO - Asked to pay again for HEVC License: February 21, 2022 Order number 3659634052 HEVC Video Extensions $0.99 Completed Total $1.07 Paid with PayPal *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - HEVC already paid - Reinstalled WIN 10 PRO - Asked to pay again for HEVC License...
  4. HEVC already paid - Reinstalled WIN 10 PRO - Asked to pay again for HEVC License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. will i need to pay if i reinstall minecraft java/bedrock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will i need to pay if i reinstall minecraft java/bedrock: hiI played minecraft but i started to play luner clinet but on 4/1 i ckick the minecraft launcher but nothing happend but i uninstall it but do i need to pay $30 again and will my data be there in java and bedrock-Jacob Bor Jacob1121j...
  6. will i need to pay if i reinstall minecraft java/bedrock

will i need to pay if i reinstall minecraft java/bedrock: hiI played minecraft but i started to play luner clinet but on 4/1 i ckick the minecraft launcher but nothing happend but i uninstall it but do i need to pay $30 again and will my data be there in java and bedrock-Jacob Bor Jacob1121j...
  7. Help reinstalling under-the-hood Microsoft Pay app (formerly wallet)

Help reinstalling under-the-hood Microsoft Pay app (formerly wallet): So im trying to restore the windows apps to their former glory. I "thought" i was there but i noticed Microsoft Pay. 2 of my pc's and my vm all have it installed. My main pc does not, and when i view it on the store it says "microsoft pay is currently not available" I...
  8. can i reinstall windows 10 without paying?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i reinstall windows 10 without paying?: can i reinstall windows 10 without paying? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-reinstall-windows-10-without-paying/ed12f0f4-cd31-4004-b6b8-ae89239c4408
  9. Will I have to pay again if I reinstall a paid app that I uninstalled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will I have to pay again if I reinstall a paid app that I uninstalled?: I paid and downloaded for the Age of Empires Definitive Edition from the Microsoft Store. I was planning to uninstall it because I am not using it right now (got bored playing with the game) and it is taking up a huge space (17 gig) in my Surface laptop 2. I might, however,...
  10. Reinstalling Minecraft for Windows 10 on new laptop. Says I need to pay to unlock.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Minecraft for Windows 10 on new laptop. Says I need to pay to unlock.: My laptop recently died and I drug out my old Thinkpad to get me by. I downloaded Minecraft for Windows 10 which I bought a few years ago and it work fine. I finally replaced my laptop with a much newer one and tried to download Minecraft but when I launch it tells me to...