Windows 10: Do I have to re-purchase Flight Simulator again to transfer to my computer's larger hard drive?

Discus and support Do I have to re-purchase Flight Simulator again to transfer to my computer's larger hard drive? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Will I have to re-purchase MSFS again if I have to transfer files to my computer's larger hard drive in an effort to consolidate files to one hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JerryHarris6, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Do I have to re-purchase Flight Simulator again to transfer to my computer's larger hard drive?

Will I have to re-purchase MSFS again if I have to transfer files to my computer's larger hard drive in an effort to consolidate files to one hard drive? This potentially easy scenario has so many potential pitfalls due to not having a CD-ROM installation source to decrease the chance of any lost program files that may make the program non-functional.

:)

JerryHarris6, Oct 24, 2020

2. Microsoft Flight Simulator issue after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to completely uninstall Microsoft Flight Simulator and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall.

• Press “Windows key + X”, select Control panel.
    • Open programs and features.
    • In the list of installed programs, select Microsoft Flight Simulator, and then click
      Remove.

Note: If you have earlier versions of Flight Simulator in the list of installed programs, you will have to remove them in addition to Flight Simulator.

Reinstall the Flight Simulator.

Please reply to us if the issue still persist.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Flight simulator

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

1. Which version of Windows are you currently using?
    2. Which version of Flight simulator are you currently using?

I suggest you to contact
    Flight simulator
    support, they will be able to assist you better.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Do I have to re-purchase Flight Simulator again to transfer to my computer's larger hard drive?

Microsoft flight simulator x error

Hi Lancer,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Few questions to understand the situation better,

What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to repair using the Repair for the Flight Simulator X installation.

To repair Flight Simulator X installation, follow these steps:

1. Insert the Flight Simulator X disc into your DVD drive.

2. Select Repair, and then click Next.

3. Follow the instructions to reinstall Flight Simulator X.

Also refer the below link,

https://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/community/Pages/default.aspx

Please reply us back if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anupkarkal1709, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Do I have to re-purchase Flight Simulator again to transfer to my computer's larger hard drive?

1. Do I have to re-purchase Flight Simulator again to transfer to my computer's larger hard drive? - Similar Threads - purchase Flight Simulator

2. re-install flight simulator on new pc Purchase from Amazon

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    re-install flight simulator on new pc Purchase from Amazon: I changed my pc recently and I have been trying to re-install MS Flight simulator. MS Flight simulator app was purchased in March 2023. I tried1. Going to the Microsoft Store and entered my sign in. The program does not show in my library2. I tried clicking on the link...
  3. re-install flight simulator on new pc Purchase from Amazon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    re-install flight simulator on new pc Purchase from Amazon: I changed my pc recently and I have been trying to re-install MS Flight simulator. MS Flight simulator app was purchased in March 2023. I tried1. Going to the Microsoft Store and entered my sign in. The program does not show in my library2. I tried clicking on the link...
  4. re-install flight simulator on new pc Purchase from Amazon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Re install MS Flight Simulator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re install MS Flight Simulator: I purchased MS flight simulator disc version shortly after it was released and have enjoyed using it. It was install on s 256SSD which have become full due all the additional upgrades and additional installs. I have upgraded this to 1 1TB ssd and copied the contents to the...
  6. Re install MS Flight Simulator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re install MS Flight Simulator: I purchased MS flight simulator disc version shortly after it was released and have enjoyed using it. It was install on s 256SSD which have become full due all the additional upgrades and additional installs. I have upgraded this to 1 1TB ssd and copied the contents to the...
  7. Transfer Flight Simulator to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Flight Simulator to new computer: I own MSFS installed on an old computer that I need to replace. Can I transfer my copy of MSFA to my new machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-flight-simulator-to-new-computer/36729516-2ea7-418a-92ba-e2fe8744d493
  8. Transfer Flight Simulator to a faster game computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Flight Simulator to a faster game computer.: At the moment Flight Simulator 2020 is installed on my busy home notebook. I want to remove FS 2020 from this computer and reinstall o my faster ASUS game computer. Is that possible? I really do not want to buy the program twice just to delete one of them. Thank you for any...
  9. Flight Simulator 2020 Re-Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator 2020 Re-Install: Hi, having installed FS2020 on a Dell XPS 8930 its clear I will need a hardware upgrade despite a decent graphics card Nvidia GTX1660. I will shortly be increasing RAM to 64GB from 16GB and adding a 1TB SSD to replace thr existing HDD. Question is, what is tge recommended...
  10. Re-Installing Flight Simulator 2020

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Re-Installing Flight Simulator 2020: My Version decided to no longer start, after a number of days. So I decided to deinstall and reinstall it. After reading all the data on the DVD it asked for my Code and then refused it, because it is already registered. Where do I go from here??...