Windows 10: Do I have to reinstall Windows completely or is it enough to enter the product key?

Discus and support Do I have to reinstall Windows completely or is it enough to enter the product key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a pc with Windows already on it, but I can't activate Windows because it always says product key invalid. Do I have to reinstall Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Tomsommer7, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Do I have to reinstall Windows completely or is it enough to enter the product key?

I have a pc with Windows already on it, but I can't activate Windows because it always says product key invalid. Do I have to reinstall Windows completely or is it enough to get a Windows10 key from lizengo and enter it in the settings

:)

Tomsommer7, Aug 6, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Do I have to reinstall Windows completely or is it enough to enter the product key? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 6, 2020
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    I have completed my first ever build. what to do now

I have completed my build. It turns on bur I do not know what to do next. Can anyone help? I didn't know if know if listing the parts will help.

Do I go to the bios and do something there Or do I insert the os disc or the cd tht came with the mobo?

I would really appreciate if someone gave me the steps to get my rig up and running.

aasim1111, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Ztruker Win User

Do I have to reinstall Windows completely or is it enough to enter the product key?

Custom Install Windows 10  

Shawn, one suggestion. For Step 7, make the default I don't have a product key, since this will always be a reinstall, never a new install of Windows 10. There should never be a need to enter the installation key since Windows 10 was already installed on this PC, right?

If it doesn't activate after the install completes that's a problem then the key can be entered.

Ztruker, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Do I have to reinstall Windows completely or is it enough to enter the product key?

1. Do I have to reinstall Windows completely or is it enough to enter the product key? - Similar Threads - reinstall completely enough

2. product key and reinstalling windows ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    product key and reinstalling windows ?: I activated my device with windows 10. then shortly asked if I wanted to upgrade to a better more fast and safer design windows 10 enterprise I did shortly before it started the form. I had the info. on the the product key asked to down load it with a flash drive I didn't...
  3. Reinstall product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall product key: hi already l have product key have i can reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-product-key/5b23a23d-7eac-4f64-aabf-38cccf021afe
  4. Reinstalling Windows with Product Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling Windows with Product Key: Over the break and in the past few months I've been waiting to do a full system wipe to start from scratch on my PC. The primary reason is that I am installing a new 500 gb m.2 SSD so I wanted to make that my boot drive, but also wanted to get rid of anything I didn't and...
  5. Reinstalling Windows Product Key

Reinstalling Windows Product Key: I recently reinstalled windows 10 pro on my computer. I had it activated beforehand and it was working perfectly fine, but after reinstallation it wasnts another product key? Am I supposed to use my first product key?...
  6. Do not have my Win10 product key, have done full system reinstall

Do not have my Win10 product key, have done full system reinstall: Had a full hard drive go down so am starting with a fresh install. How do I contact the appropriate dept at Microsoft to get my product key again. They must have some system or connecting my windows install/key to all the automatic updates they push out? Expensive to buy a...
  7. i have to reinstall windows 10 and i dont have product key

i have to reinstall windows 10 and i dont have product key: My PC crashed and now I have to reinstall windows 10 home edition and did not save my product key, how can I install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-to-reinstall-windows-10-and-i-dont-have/e8772750-a376-4fb6-8030-1eb21ffad2ae
  8. Product Key for reinstalling windows

Product Key for reinstalling windows: I want to reinstall my laptop When I bought my laptop, there were already windows 10 So, if windows ask me a product key when reinstalling, where I can see my windows product key?...
  9. Enter a Product key

Enter a Product key: I bought a labtop with window10 . I ran windows recovery to modify personal setting . Since then windows asks me to enter a product key . WHAT TO DO ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-a-product-key/db2c1a86-6b24-441a-b7b6-10eef32f0ed6"
  10. cannot enter the product key

cannot enter the product key: I downloaded the product key software to view the product key of my device then I entered the product key to activate windows, then the error message 0x803FA067 and content could not activate windows on this device because you don 't have a valid product key or digital...