Windows 10: Do I have to reinstall Windows completely or is it enough to enter the product key?

Discus and support Do I have to reinstall Windows completely or is it enough to enter the product key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a pc with Windows already on it, but I can't activate Windows because it always says product key invalid. Do I have to reinstall Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Tomsommer7, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Do I have to reinstall Windows completely or is it enough to enter the product key?

I have a pc with Windows already on it, but I can't activate Windows because it always says product key invalid. Do I have to reinstall Windows completely or is it enough to get a Windows10 key from lizengo and enter it in the settings

:)

Tomsommer7, Aug 6, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Do I have to reinstall Windows completely or is it enough to enter the product key? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 6, 2020
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    I have completed my first ever build. what to do now

I have completed my build. It turns on bur I do not know what to do next. Can anyone help? I didn't know if know if listing the parts will help.

Do I go to the bios and do something there Or do I insert the os disc or the cd tht came with the mobo?

I would really appreciate if someone gave me the steps to get my rig up and running.

aasim1111, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Ztruker Win User

Do I have to reinstall Windows completely or is it enough to enter the product key?

Custom Install Windows 10  

Shawn, one suggestion. For Step 7, make the default I don't have a product key, since this will always be a reinstall, never a new install of Windows 10. There should never be a need to enter the installation key since Windows 10 was already installed on this PC, right?

If it doesn't activate after the install completes that's a problem then the key can be entered.

Ztruker, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Do I have to reinstall Windows completely or is it enough to enter the product key?

1. Do I have to reinstall Windows completely or is it enough to enter the product key? - Similar Threads - reinstall completely enough

2. unable to enter windows 7 product key on a reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to enter windows 7 product key on a reinstall: unable to enter windows product key on a reinstall of windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-enter-windows-7-product-key-on-a/f1cb7c0a-dcb0-458f-8064-fab51ce91751
  3. unable to enter windows 7 product key on a reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to enter windows 7 product key on a reinstall: unable to enter windows product key on a reinstall of windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-enter-windows-7-product-key-on-a/f1cb7c0a-dcb0-458f-8064-fab51ce91751
  4. unable to enter windows 7 product key on a reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. product key and reinstalling windows ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    product key and reinstalling windows ?: I activated my device with windows 10. then shortly asked if I wanted to upgrade to a better more fast and safer design windows 10 enterprise I did shortly before it started the form. I had the info. on the the product key asked to down load it with a flash drive I didn't...
  6. Reinstall product key

Reinstall product key: hi already l have product key have i can reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-product-key/5b23a23d-7eac-4f64-aabf-38cccf021afe
  7. Reinstalling Windows Product Key

Reinstalling Windows Product Key: I recently reinstalled windows 10 pro on my computer. I had it activated beforehand and it was working perfectly fine, but after reinstallation it wasnts another product key? Am I supposed to use my first product key?...
  8. i have to reinstall windows 10 and i dont have product key

i have to reinstall windows 10 and i dont have product key: My PC crashed and now I have to reinstall windows 10 home edition and did not save my product key, how can I install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-to-reinstall-windows-10-and-i-dont-have/e8772750-a376-4fb6-8030-1eb21ffad2ae
  9. Product Key for reinstalling windows

Product Key for reinstalling windows: I want to reinstall my laptop When I bought my laptop, there were already windows 10 So, if windows ask me a product key when reinstalling, where I can see my windows product key?...
  10. Enter a Product key

Enter a Product key: I bought a labtop with window10 . I ran windows recovery to modify personal setting . Since then windows asks me to enter a product key . WHAT TO DO ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-a-product-key/db2c1a86-6b24-441a-b7b6-10eef32f0ed6"